• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Square Lake

I am planning on taking the day off on Friday and hitting a metro area lake. I have Square lake stuck in my mind. Any advice on where to find trout? I have a trout stamp but have yet to land any (still new to the sport) so the follow up question: What's a good technique to find some?

Thanks all.

lindy rig with plain red hook 10 foot snell and half a worm. keep an eye on the sonar usually 40+ feet with the fish suspended 20 feet down try and get the bait above the fish you see on the sonar. Also try and get there early the first hour is best.

They love floating minnow raps. Use weight to get them down anywhere from 5 to 20 ft. Just troll straight down the middle of the lake, preferably with electric motor.

has anyone ever seen carp in this lake?

I'm thinking about spearfishing/snorkeling there since the water is so clear (and imagine cold if there's a big trout fishery)

no carp..Dont be afris to go with the old slip cork and live bait like little leeches or worms. That has worked in the past for me, but JB man has fished this lake a lot more than I have in recent years.! Gd luck