• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking to buy a new 1 man portable and a auger. Any suggestions on a house or auger? looking to spend $400-500.

I am looking to sell my 1 man flip over sled for bout $150 if u r interested. Has reflective insulation inside with bench and cushioned boat seat. Also has pull rope. Very decent. Front/back windows with 2 side vents. Im located in Elk River if ur interested.

I have a Frabill Recon that I like a lot, which would cost you about $150 or so for a good used one. After that, you could pick up a nice used power auger of your choice.

Frabill recons can be had for around $150 on sale, and augers will run from 300-500 depending on what you find. Now is the time to look store by store and score on different inventories. I'd say a SM solo mag would be closest to the $300, except for Eskimos possible. Northern Tool carries the eskimo line, and you can probably figure out other places to get houses. Isn't Marine General out of Duluth?

Yes Marine General is in Duluth and they have the Eskimo line of augers. Now is the time to buy because they are clearing out winter stuff.

Yeah I plan on going to Marine General and looking. I looked online today but I'm sure prices are different in the store

Talk to Russ and tel him Big Steve sent ya and he will give ya the extra special "Northlander" pricing. grin

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a new Clam Pro TC. Thanks for all the comments though. I'm waiting until next year to get a auger unless a really good deal comes up