• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chaffmj,

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you fish Burntside Lake on occasion?

If so, Burntside has been infested with spiny water flea!

Many of the lakes in the Twin Cities area are also infested with Milfoil.

Cliff

Quote:
Chaffmj,

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you fish Burntside Lake on occasion?

If so, Burntside has been infested with spiny water flea!

Many of the lakes in the Twin Cities area are also infested with Milfoil.

Cliff

Cliff,

I think we have a misunderstanding. I was not implying that you shouldn't pull the plug just so you don't forget; I was implying that I worry about it because I'm not use to doing it. The only place my boat has been on besides Big Lake was White Bear the fall I bought it 5 years ago and after that trip on White Bear where I pulled the plug and put it back in it was stored for the winter. Since then it hasn't been anywhere else but on Big Lake. So before there was the trailer law I would pull the plug when I got off of Big Lake and put it right back in after it drained. I would then trailer it home to my house in St. Paul (my property is lake access only so I can’t keep the boat there) where it would sit until I took it back up to Big Lake. Now I store my boat at Lodge of Whispering Pines up on Big Lake and when I’m done I pull the plug and leave it out until I put it back in the water.

I should have given a little more detail in my original post and so I don’t give anyone the wrong impression I’ll delete it so that won’t happen.

You are correct that I fish Burntside on occasion. I have only been there ice fishing. I have never fished it in the summer. You can also be assured that I do follow the laws and the last thing I would want to do would be the one to screw up any lake for any reason.

I use to only come up 3 or 4 times in the summer and a few times in the winter. Things have changed now and I hope to be moving up to Ely in the near future if all continues to go well. I hope this explains things and some day maybe I will see you on Vermilion or better yet maybe someday you’ll be my guide on Vermilion.

Chaff,

I did not mean to imply that you would be one of many that will probably ignore the pulled plug law. Sorry! I was just trying to show that even lakes close to Vermilion can be a potential invasive species hazard.

I would certainly enjoy fishing with you if the occasion should ever present itself! grin

Cliff

Thanks and you had made a good point with good intentions so I didn't think you were but I wanted to clarify my reason. Now people who didn't see it will wonder what the hell we're talking about! laugh

Things have changed now and I hope to be moving up to Ely in the near future if all continues to go well.

Good deal! Fingers crossed for you. smile

Thanks Steve. It is something that Mrs. Chaffin and I have talked about for a long time and it looks like that time is finally here!

Thanks Steve. It is something that Mrs. Chaffin and I have talked about for a long time and it looks like that time is finally here!

Congratulations!

Cliff

Mike, you gonna live way out at the lake cabin, or you getting a different place?

We will be getting a different place, not sure if it will be in town or just outside. I have lots of things to finish up in the cities before the move so we are not quite sure when it will all take place.

• Thanks 1

• 11 years later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
33 minutes ago, Fasterok said:

Which is why it’s a good thing we passed the first amendment, because without it, it just wouldn’t be possible. It’s just that I was lucky enough to find here a lot of essays about the first amendment https://studydriver.com/first-amendment-essay/ and I recommend you to read them here. They are a lot of different and you can better understand what it is and why. And without this knowledge is certainly not easy. Therefore, I recommend you to familiarize yourself.

Hey, thanks for Trolling up old posts.  It's kind of fun reading what folks were up to back then!  👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone want to argue about boat plugs again? :D

So far my only boat plug mishap has been that a chunk of ice knocked mine out two years ago on a late season trip. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1