• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New retractable roof stadium in Arden Hills

Born2Fish

Just watched the live press conference that said in 3 years the Vikings WILL have a new stadium in Arden Hills. So much for all that "Vikings moving to LA" talk. I would like to be the first to say, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• PurpleFloyd

• jwmiller33

• Scott K

Sounds to good to be true!

And thanks for posting it in here versus silltown so when can enjoy this for a bit! wink

+1 on SKOAL VIKES!

What, is the money tree finally in bloom?

LOL!

Five billion dollar deficit and we're building stadiums for billionaires... Only in Minnesota.

isnt there a Packer thread you 2 can stink up somewhere?

We all know it was going to get built sooner or later. The Vikes werent going to leave.

Then why aren't the Vikings/Wilfs paying more than ~45% of the costs if we knew they weren't going to leave?

isnt there a Packer thread you 2 can stink up somewhere?

Super Bowl champion threads don't stink by definition. Vikings threads, on the other hand . . . . crazy

Hey, you were the one who injected the Packers. What were you thinking? gringrin

Then why aren't the Vikings/Wilfs paying more than ~45% of the costs if we knew they weren't going to leave?

I have always thought the city/county/state should be accountable for the roof, and the roads to the place, along with a percentage of the building costs, since the city/state/county will also be using it for things other then football. What perentage? I dont know, thats for them to decide.

I can understand building the roads and paying for the cost of running the utilities to the facility but if a business cannot afford to pay for their own building then they shouldn't be in business.

But wont they be using the building for other things then football? Isnt that why they want a roof on it?

Get it done by any means possible. It's good for the state and the people who live here.

Still has to pass the legislature which is not a gimme...although we FINALLY have a governor who isn't afraid to take a stand on getting this done. T-Paw was a spineless punk who refused to take a position on this and instead chose to pass the buck...nothing out of the ordinary for him though.

That's a new way of saying that he took the responsible route instead of placing the burden on the backs of MN taxpayers...

And for your information, the stadium idea never made it out of the DFL controlled legislature year after year because even they saw the $5B writing on the wall. It never made it to T-Paw's desk. wink

45% is a lot more than owners/franchises normally throw down for a new stadium

Other football stadium examples; Steelers 78% public funded, Broncos 70% public funded, Texans 73% public funded, Cleveland Browns Stadium 75% public funded, Arizona Cardinals 68% public funded, Indianapolis Colts 86% public funded.

Twins payed 1/3 of the cost of Target Field.

Bottom line, Vikings wanted to stay here, otherwise they wouldn't have thrown down so much of their own $

That doesn't make it right, and if people don't start calling their bluff it won't stop. Those are the spineless ones.

How exactly do you expect to make it stop? If one city isn't willing to pony up, the franchise can find another city that will.

If one city isn't willing to pony up, the franchise can find another city that will.

Good riddance.

Says a lot about the "home town team" if they are that willing to pull up stakes and move out of town (take their ball and go home), doesn't it? How can a fan have any faith in a team that would rather stab them in the back than do the right thing...if they really mean it, that is. They sure love the fan loyalty when the going is good, but don't seem to want to return the favor when they are asked to "pony up" to build their own facility.

AS much as it hurts limit is spot on in are current financial situation why is this even being talked about. One of the dumbest things this state has done. whats the current unemployment rate at 7% or so how much money has been taken away from education. Whats the current foreclosure rate at. And yet we will build 900,000 million dollar stadium. Unreall!!!

While I do agree, now is not the best time, but, sometime has to be, and its getting to the now or never point. Or scat, or get off the pot. If they hire a MN company to build it, it will add some jobs, and the cost to build one, will only go up.

That's a new way of saying that he took the responsible route instead of placing the burden on the backs of MN taxpayers...

And for your information, the stadium idea never made it out of the DFL controlled legislature year after year because even they saw the $5B writing on the wall. It never made it to T-Paw's desk. wink

I just saw the interview last week where he clearly said he did not want to deal with the stadium...doesn't matter if it ever reached his desk or not. Dayton is pushing this thing right now...not running from it. To say T-Paw took the responsible route on this issue may be the most preposterous statement you've ever made on this forum...and that's saying something. He ran from this issue with knees and elbows flying! Spineless in that he took no stance either way.

Clearly, everyhting he's done in the last 4 years is to cover his a$$ and take the "out" route on anything that could come back to haunt him in his run for the presidency. Good luck with that T-Puke!!

I have no problem with anybody being against a publicly funded stadium......that being said I hope they don't compromise and try to save money by eliminating the retractable roof and going with a fixed roof-top.

Also I highly doubt it's going to pass the house and Senate nor do I believe MPLS is out of the running either.

What, is the money tree finally in bloom?

LOL!

Five billion dollar deficit and we're building stadiums for billionaires... Only in Minnesota.

Yea only in Minnesota... and every single other state in the country. Face it, this is the only way stadiums get built. Or would you prefer we be the one state with no pro sports teams whatsoever?

SKOL VIKES!!!

Can't wait to see a game there.

Or would you prefer we be the one state with no pro sports teams whatsoever?

the day Minnesota turns into Iowa, or the third Dakota, will be a sad day

Yes there will ne an initial cost to the state to build it. But in the long run it should also benefit the state. The stadium will employ a lot of folks, the local hotels, bars, resturants, shopping centers,.... will benefit. All these fine folks will be paying taxes on thier purchases. I think it is a good investment.

i wonder if they'll redesign their uniforms to have a third viking horn protruding from their abdomen or something. maybe a third eye on the viking symbol? the site is on the superfund list.

I was SHOCKED that the proposal, agreed upon, actually makes sense this time. I LIKE IT! Putting those types of things right downtown , only benefits the TOWN...not the fans. I went to the metrodome ONCE....metropolitan stadium 3-4 times....and the main reason is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Put a great stadium in a subburb, with decent access, parking, and tailgating, etc. .....wow, better add plenty of seating, cause "they will come".

I can understand the "cheeseheads being "scared" (their comments prove it)....their main competitor just hired a great staff, had a great draft, and now are planning a great venue to play at. I'd be "scared" too!

the day Minnesota turns into Iowa, or the third Dakota, will be a sad day

If you only had a clue...

Have you ever been out of this state?

To say T-Paw took the responsible route on this issue may be the most preposterous statement you've ever made on this forum...and that's saying something.

So being responsible is preposterous?

I know that may be difficult for you to comprehend as a kool-aid drinking myopic Viking rube, but for the sake of the rest of us please try.

The ironic thing is those three states you mentioned have as many Super Bowl trophies as MN does.