• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL playoffs

cbrooks

I never would have thought Luongo would bomb the way he did in the first stretch of games but you can only be hot for so long. I'd really like to see Roloson get one with TB before he throws the towel in. The guy was standing on his head last night.

I love this time of year, hockey playoffs and the open water itch!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• jwmiller33

• cbrooks

• JimBuck

Pronger doesn't look too comfortable out there, especially when people mess with his hand. Maybe he won't have the impact he had last year.

The way Buff is playing right now, I can't imagine Philly won't be in the second round. How many times can you dish the puck out in front of your own net and not get scored on? They are lucky to be down 1-0

JimBuck - Yeah, getting pulled twice then not getting the start had to mess with his head. Vigneault should have started him last game, just to keep Lou's head right.

What happen to the Sabres. Philly took it right to them. That Pronger is a SOB.

Yep, the Sabres play in their own zone was horrible.

Burrows just scored for the Canucks. They caught Chicago on a change. Luongo misplayed the puck and nearly got scored on. They need to tell him and Schneider to just stay in net from now on.

Burrows gets the OT winner off of a bad turnover. This was a really good game to watch. Crawford nearly stole this one from Vancouver. The Canucks should have had 4 or 5 but Crawford just stood on his head.

Is Ference the new Matt Cooke? First flipping off the camera and crowd in Montreal, then cheap-shotting Halpern behind the play. I'd say he went after the head. Hopefully he get a suspension, but knowing Campbell, he'll probably get a cookie.

Otherwise, that was a great game. Lots of OT lately. I like it smile

Vancouver-Nashville will be a good series, but I don't see Nashville taking it. Rinne, for some reason, has been iffy in the post season. Nashville doesn't have a great offense. Vancouver, on the flip side, has great offense and Luongo, who can be very good.

Detroit-SJ will be good too.

I love playoff hockey!

Sounds like Ference received no suspension and just had to pay a $2,500 fine......after eating his cookie. wink

From NESN:

"When it first happened I wasn't [worried about a suspension]," Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said. "I thought it was just incidental contact, but when I took a closer look at bit I could see where the league's concerns lie. But when you look at the whole play, we turned the puck over at our blue [line], and when that happens the D are supposed to close off the rim around the wall.

"So he was moving that way and what Andy said is that he just saw a player off his shoulder as he was moving, as he was looking up when he saw the turnover," Chiarelli continued. "His motion and the player's motion, they ran into each other."

I've looked at this play a few times, to me it's obvious Ference shifted his weight and lifted his elbow to hit Halpern in the face. Yeah, Halpern had his head turned. But I don't think the guy expected an elbow to the kisser behind the play either. I know with playoff Hockey they let the guys play a bit more but to not give a suspension for stuff like this is just absurd.

Anyways, how about PK Subban's one-timer from the point to tie things up! That was one of the best one-timers I've seen in a while.

Rinne totally stole the Game 2. His OT saves were incredible. There's the Rinne the Canucks were hoping not to run into.

How long has Washingtons gaolie been in the NHL? He went down waaaaayyy too early on that OT goal by Lecavelier. All he had to do was get to the other post and he had VL stoned. Instead he goes down as the pass comes across and VL has an open top half of the net.

Washington needs a guy like Theodore was for us. With a guy like him, I think they would have a legitimate chance at the cup.

• 3 weeks later...

They sure get into their hockey in Vancouver. Between the "Green Guys" and the show last night. Passionate fans wink

That turned into a gong show pretty quickly in the third. Eager's gonna be riding pine next game. He cost the Sharks the game pretty much.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone want to throw out a prediction for tonight and the series?

I'm gonna say Vancouver takes care of Boston in 5. Vancouver will win tonight 2-0.

Anyone else?

Didn't see it either, but the 93x guys made it sound like the Canucks completely blew off the game at some point. That would drive me nuts as a fan. Can't play at 100% for the FINALS???

The hit on Horton was a really dirty hit. Not only was it late, and an elbow to the head, Aaron Rome left his feet. He better be suspended at least a game, especially considering Alex Burrows didn't get suspending for the "biting incident" and then went on to score 2 goals the next game including the GWG. I am really pulling for the Bruins to win this series, especially if they are going to have to do it without Horton. It's too bad b/c he was really fun to watch out there.

That was an awesome game last night. Itsnot often that you stay glued to the tv when its 8_1. It wasz 0_0 after the 1st. And wasn't a blow out until the third. It isjust too easy to hate the canucks. I loved when lucic gave burrows the swat to the head and the finger point. Vancouver plays spineless hockey. That hit on horton was pretty nasty. Go bruins.......thomas is the man.

The Bruins aren't angels either. Anyone remember Chara's hit on Pacioretty? Ference's antics? Horton's water bottle incident.

The hit was late. Rome hit him in the head. There should be a suspension. It's exactly the type of hit the league is getting rid of.

Does this mean the Canucks play dirty hockey in general. No.

As far as the biting thing goes. What would you do if a guy stuck his dirty glove in your mouth? No need for a suspension IMO.

The Canucks have gotten where they are by having different guys step up at different times coupled with stellar goal tending (at times).

GO CANUCKS!!!

I think Boston scored on 4 of their last 5 shots.

If Rome gets the boot, maybe Ballard will get to play. $4m to sit and watch? I'd take it as long as I got to raise the cup.

I was thinking about that too about Ballard. He's good enough to be out there, but Vancouver's defense is deep so in the press box he sits. I would like to see him out there.

Rome's hit, although a half second late was not any worse than countless other hits in hockey. If Horton doesn't watch his pass, he sees Rome lining him up. It's truly unfortunate that Horton hit his head on the ice and suffers a serious concussion. However, if he doesn't whack his head on the ice, he doesn't even miss a shift. 4 game suspension is overkill!

Rome's hit, although a half second late was not any worse than countless other hits in hockey... 4 game suspension is overkill!

He left his feet (penalty), elbow to the head (penalty), and was a late hit (penalty). Fact of the matter is it IS worse than 'countless other hits in hockey'. "Other hits in hockey" don't result in getting a 4 game suspension. He could have been called for several different penalties and 4 games seems extremely fitting IMHO, especially considering there wasn't any punishment for the biting incident and then Burrows went and scored 2 goals in the next game (including game winner). Biting has no place in hockey, and neither does dirty/late elbow hits to the head, and both should result in multiple game suspensions

The biting thing, who cares! Don't put your finger in a guys mouth and it won't happen.

The suspension, Rome deserved it and probably more.

The hit was late

He took advantage on the blind side

The hit was to the head

He left his feet

No part of that hit was OK. If he would have just thrown his body into Horton with no injury, it still would have been interference.

The biting thing, who cares! Don't put your finger in a guys mouth and it won't happen.

"facewashing" is a pretty common occurance among scrums in the NHL (if you know much about hockey you know what facewashing is). Is Burrows the first guy to bite someone in the NHL? Maybe... Maybe not... Is he the first person to get caught biting someone while getting facewashed on national TV in the Stanley Cup finals? Yes... Stupid move.

If you watch the replay, Bergeron was facewashing Burrows (like what happens on every scrum in the NHL) and Burrows grabbed Bergeron's hand and pulled his hand closer to his mouth and then bit his finger. Burrows crossed the line. Bergeron wasn't doing anything different than what happens on every scrum in the NHL (several times a game). Burrows should have gotten more than just a slap on the wrist. That carp doesn't belong in the game of hockey

The Burrows thing doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, stupid move and obvious penalty but I think he was just giving him a warning bite, not really a Mike Tyson bite.

The other hit was kind of bad, I don't care if it's a little late but the big elbow and leaving your feet is [PoorWordUsage]. Do these guys forget how to hit with their shoulders?

I agree, the late hit doesn't bother me as much as leaving your feet with the elbows flying. Guys really finish checks in playoffs and the officials seem to accommodate that. Laying a guy out with a shoulder or a big hip check seems to take a backseat to hitting a guy with your arms these days.

I completely agree that biting has no place in hockey, but I don't think a suspension would have been necessary. Yeah, give him a penalty or maybe a misconduct, but a suspension is a little over the top. Just my opinion.