• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Original GPS?

Question

I have an Eagle Explorer, it is the original, about 6 years old, is the new technology so much better that I should upgrade? I have heard that the newer units are more accurate. Is this true? Any replys are appreciated.

3 answers to this question

The Eagle Explorer is a 12 parallel channel unit same as the new units you will not gain any real boost in accuracy going to a new unit.

Rob

Ditto: I have an Eagle as well. When SA was turned off, the accuracy is excellent. It picks up the same signal as every other unit that's a 12 channel. Go out and play with it. Mark a spot, go away and then try to find it with your Eagle. You will be impressed! Save your money or send it to me! Read your directions to learn about the unit. If you don't have them, the Eagle.com web site will.