• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Wanderer

Team 2 - Ppfftt-doom BOOM!

Cheetah

Congrats on the bird! The photos turned out well too!

Don't be alarmed, but there are some cows sneaking up on you...

Wanderer

Way to go man! Woot! Woot! cool

Looking forward to your story. Some day I'll post mine too and and get my bird entered. grin

goblueM

thanks guys. full story is over in the Turky Pics thread.

I can shoot 2 more this year between now and the fall season, hopefully I can get back out and call one in for my buddy, who's missed 2 birds this spring.

side story: the other day we were playing cornhole against one of his professors and winning, so the prof says "man i need to paint a turkey head over the hole so you'll start missing". lol

hugonian1

Well guys, I struck out in my Minnesota season.

Was out All day. A lot of turkey activity but could not get a good shot off.

Had a nice tom at 60 yards and coming to me following a hen but all the sudden he decides to go off into a patch of brush.

Hopefully my first hunt in Sconny will pay off next week.

hugonian1

Hey Sorgy,

You ever submit your bird on the contest thread?

I didn't see it.

Sorgy

No I have not submitted it yet- I was hoping that it would be upstaged. I have to buy a chip for my phone to get the pics out of it. It should be in the running for the smallest bird of the year. 21.87 or something. I have been running between work and vacation time a lot lately.

I will get it posted up sometime.

Steve

goblueM

no worries! Is that a bird for everyone on the team then? that alone oughta put us in the running

Wanderer

Been crunching the numbers and we have 4 birds. I believe I have us scored correctly at 178.38 (rounded to hundredths). This includes your jake, Steve! So, this the pot (I haven't entered my bird yet either) calling the kettle out. Get your entry done if you can! smile

Every point makes a difference. Just ask Jim Bitter (Bass Master Classic reference). shocked

I'm only missing the photocopy of my entry form but plan to have that taken care of shortly. Team, we're in pretty good shape. cool

Cheetah

Wow I must have been sleeping here, didn't realize we had 4 birds down! cool

goblueM

yeah, nice job fellas! who's still in play other than Hugonian... anybody?

Sorgy

I will try and get it up early next week. Too much going on with Fishing Opener this weekend grin

Good Luck get another big bird so that jake is knocked off the board.

Steve

hugonian1

I will be giving Sconny a try later this week and on the weekend.

Never hunted there.

Have access to 160 acres of beautiful land over by Ellsworth.

I hope I can knock your bird out Sorgy. smile

Wanderer

You go from Hugo! grin Best of luck out there.

hugonian1

The truck is packed and quad is hooked up. All ready to go.

Need to work in the morning then heading out.

Archerysniper

The truck is packed and quad is hooked up. All ready to go.

Need to work in the morning then heading out.

Hope you have better luck than me. I put in 30 hours the last 2 days and saw 5 birds.

hugonian1

Sorry guys, it didn't happen.

That being said, we enjoyed a great hunt with some fantastic people.

Lots of hens and toms were gobbling but couldn't seal the deal.

The property we were on was fantastic.

Better get your bird entered Sorgy.

Wanderer

So, my bird is finally submitted. Hate to say it Sorgy but we NEED ya man! I know, I know, fishin and what not... grin

Here are a few shots from the hunt.

4-2011028.jpg

The valley I was hunting - above. And right nice and tight to a prime roost - below. Too close but I was done bird hunting already and looking for a 'yote or two.

4-2011027.jpg

This was the tom I saw on my scouting mission a couple weeks earlier. The guy that I couldn't understand why he was boss with his "6" inch beard. At about 70 yards here on the first night.

Copyof4-2011005.jpg

I was in the woods because it was windy and thought I might be on the path to the roost. I moved to the edge of the field for the morning of day 2. That morning I described earlier in this thread.

On day 3 I was with another member of my party in the rain. Lots of rain. After a morning set on top that

produced nothing, we went to the bottom and crept along. We ran into a tom being chased in circles by a 'yote. A giant blonde 'yote! The tom fluttered up into a bushy tree out of the 'yote's reach and he split the scene when he caught a whiff of us.

The bird, obviously severely injured went the the ground and froze. I looked at my buddy and simply said, "Go get your bird". He finished him off with a 20 yard shot.

4-2011026.jpg

That bird that was having the rough day happened to be the "Boss" I had seen before. His "6" in beard was really a broken/broomed off 9 1/2 in beard, so the few remaining strands showed. One spur was broken and measured 3/4 in while the other stretched to 1 1/8 in. The old scrapper I guess.

Wanderer

I called one of the landowners today to thank him for letting us hunt his farm (we don't see him much). He said there was a big lone tom out strutting in one of the fields yesterday. It gave me a craving to go out again...

I brought up the 'yotes and how we got a bird from one then asked if we could shoot at some for him. HECK YEAH! he says. Any time, all the time... smile

Hey, thanks team for helping to make this a fun season. We're not gonna win it but we made a fine showing. cool It's all about the fun anyway.

Sorgy

Guy's,

Good Job. We have 4 nice scoring birds. Since my collisal Jake (21.766) pts is close to 30 points under the 4th bird I will not be entering it.

We have our top 4 scoring birds at a very respectible score. Nicely Done gringringringrinblush

Enjoy the coming weekend - be safe

Steve

Wanderer

Hate to bring this up but Musky Hunter 82 didn't get a bird that scored 82 points... grin

We have 3 birds registered Steve; yours would have been the 4th. That's O.K. though. I know your pics are on your phone and you said you need a SIM card to get them off of it. This is a friendly contest and not meant to be a pain in the butt or cost you money. The "Win" we got was the stories and support. And your season kicked us off and got the mojo goin'! cool

May your fish be many and large and your line be strong. smile

hugonian1

Sorgy,

You have until June 10th to get that bird entered.

It was a fun season even though I didn't get my bird.

Turkey hunting really is much more about the hunt than the kill anyways.

Sorgy

If I read the rule right we only get to count the top 4 birds. Mine falls well below the others. I still have to get the pics moved from my phone onto a card. I will post them up someday.

Great job guy's not to many teams have there 4 birds entered yet.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend- Thany You Vetrans for all of your sacrifices

Steve

hugonian1

Sorgy,

Your bird is number 4.

There are only 3 others so your bird does count.

It may be the "extra point" that makes a difference.

Sorgy

Muskie Hunter 82 thru me. I thought we had a bird scoring 82 on the board.

My bird is submitted. It does not move us into first place though. Pics are poor- taken with my phone.

Good Job team- I should have fed him a coule of pounds of rocks before weighing him grin