• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team #6 Spur Crazy

Archerysniper

Check in here and let us know what season and area you will be hunting, also any names you can think of for the team.

I will be hunting April 13th-17th in zone 225 and May 11-15th zone 4 in cheese land.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archerysniper

• Powerstroke

• DHost21

• MJ1657

Im in!! I am hunting the metro 601 in season D so it would be the last weekend in April so the 28th thru may 3rd i think

I will be hunting WI zone 4 seasons B (4/20-4/24) and E (5/11-5/15). Where abouts in zone 4 are you hunting Archerysniper?

bloc I have no idea were yet in zone 4 I have friends by cumberland hopefully they have some birds around.

I'll be hunting zone 227 April 18-22.

Just got back from checking one of my spots and there are fresh tracks. I'm getting excited.

I'm hunting SoDak April 8-10 and then April 10-15 in Nebraska. Might still buy a surplus tag for season F in MN for 442 or do archery in 222.

Every place I'm hunting I'm going in blind, but I can't wait.

Dhost, where abouts are you hunting 601? Are you hunting with a group?

Well the whole team has checked in now let's come up with some names, they picked on my team last year for not haveing a name but we still won winkgrin.

I will throw a few out.

Beard draggers

Strutt Stoppers

Limb Hangers

Im up for whatever name.

here are a couple thoughts:

Beards on the ground

Spur crazy

the cluck stops here

Cant wait to start scouting!!!!

Im hunting on a few different public land areas in the metro and maybe one privite land area with the bow in the metro I have been seeing sign but the one area is flooded pretty good so we will see. I will be heading out every morning the week prior listen for the birds and then pick then which spot i want. My brother will be hunting the weekend but we arent sure if we are gonna team up or what yet we have to see how much traffic these public land places get so im not sure whether i will be in a group or just me. Most likely me on weekdays at least... now as for a name... I like the cluck stops here or maybe Gobblers Gone Wild or Peeping Toms or something lol im bad at this name stuff

Well if you're interested in some company I'd be happy to tag along and help call or whatever.

It does sound like I'm making a turkey tour doesn't it? I sure hope it works out. I've never hunted out of state before, so being able to hit a couple states in a large loop should be pretty fun.

Ok awesome powerstroke that would be great ive done this for 3 years only ive been blessed to take 2 nice nice birds but i definitely still like help any way i can get it. I will let you know when the time comes closer whether my brother will be coming out with me or where im going and hopefully we can figure out something from there

Scouted my 3 spots yesterday and have turkeys on all of them 2 of them didn't have birds on sunday so the bigger flocks are starting to break up and it's starting to look good for season A. I do think that B or C will have better luck though unless it really warms up fast.

Allright guys I'm thinking spur crazy as a team name also everyone in on this?

I like it!!! Now I have to make it another week till I start hunting.

I've spent every day this week perfecting my archery ensemble, including practicing from my chair and inside the blind. That also includes watching several hunting videos. I can't wait!!!! Now to start packing up the camper.

I love the name! Good choice! Im heading out right now to check on the spots. I still got a couple weeks to go! Im definitely starting to get antsy

Quote:
Now to start packing up the camper

You're taking the gas hog??? Bring the tent! Can't wait to hear your report 'stroke - good luck!

Sounds good to me. Definitely getting antsy as well!! Been seeing large groups just west of me. There were three nice Toms left last year, hoping to see them again!!!!

The truck is the gas hog and it has to come no matter what, might as well drag the camper and sleep in a nice bed with heat, coffee maker, microwave etc. Campsites cost the same no matter what I sleep in so I'm bringing my camper.

Got a bird picked out tonight, 20+ Lbs and around a 10" beard watched him strut in the cow pasture for 20 minutes till he flew up to roost.

Quote:
Campsites cost the same no matter what I sleep in so I'm bringing my camper.

There's something to be said about a comfortable bed and heat. I wish we would've had one opening weekend! And I agree, we paid $10/night just to pitch the tent.

Quote:
Got a bird picked out tonight, 20+ Lbs and around a 10" beard watched him strut in the cow pasture for 20 minutes till he flew up to roost.

That's the best one you could pick out 'sniper? I target those big breasted butterballs that sleep under the evergreens since they're too fat to fly up to roost. You need to crank up your bow to around 80lbs to kill one. grin

Sticks I got enough to kill godzilla turkey last year I shot mine at 43 yards and the arrow passed though and went another 50 yards wink

I spent another hour shooting from inside the blind tonight. The guy I'm hunting with in SoDak said they saw "hundreds of birds" last weekend and they were still very flocked up. He took 3 shots using the Magnus Bullheads but no kill. He said two ended up being body shots with no damage and one other guy got his bird. I can't wait to get out there.

I will be shooting Rage's so I hope I get as many opportunities.

Located 2 more groups tonight and roosted another, more strutters on my properties they really have done their spring migration in the last week and are now back to where I chased them last spring. 7 more days till I have the bow in hand. Was shooting out of my blind last night to get back in the groove also fine tuning it and was shooting extreamly well out to 70 yards.

Went out this morning and check 3 spots had birds gobbling till 6:15 or so once they flew down they were silent. 1st spot had a nice tom with 11 hens eating in the pumpkin patch second spot had a short bearded jake and 4 hens 3 spot didn't show any but we have been seeing 3 strutters around 6:30pm. Also pick up 180 acres by the rum in cambridge loaded with turkey tracks heading down there in the morning to listen for were their roosting.