• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bluehat28

Team 5 - THE BEARDED HENS

bluehat28

I didnt score in Minnesota or Wisconsin last year so I think I am due. Minnesota 222A, Wisconsin 4D. How bout a name? go team 5!!!bluehat

sticknstring

I'd say your due! I came home empty from Nebraska this weekend. Hoping to get another chance down there and then MN first week of May. I'll throw out a few names from the past... I'm up for whatever.

Spur Collectors

Team 5: Longbeards

bluehat28

Hey stick Its look like its just us.Just kidding, Come on team 5!!!

Archerysniper

You two can be with team 6 wink

paintbrush

Hi guys, I'm here. I'll be hunting in SD., WI., and MN., so I hope I can put one down for the team. I'll be in SD first, starting on April 23rd. The 23rd can't get here fast enough!

mnhunter2

I am hunting Neb, Iowa and Mn so should be able to score a trophy tom for the team! Leave for a neb hunt 4-25 for a few days on a private ranch and then I am hunting on a reservation for a few more days.

sticknstring

Awesome! Sounds like we're in good shape so far. smile Lets get a name picked out!

How about the Bearded Hens?

Quote:
You two can be with team 6

That's alright Sniper, we actually want to win this thing! grin

fishermusk

That's funny, I like it.

I will be hunting the MN E season In Carlos Avery.

Looking forward to the hunt.

bluehat28

One more to sign in, I also like the "Bearded Hens" so I 2nd the name.Any one else? blue

Archerysniper

That's funny, I like it.

I will be hunting the MN E season In Carlos Avery.

Looking forward to the hunt.

There's allways a good flock that roost on the east side of carlos and head over by the pine haven christmas tree farm in wyoming. It's hard to get to them but well worth it I have taken 2 birds and my biggest out of there.

sticknstring

A competitor helping out - This guy's alright!

Archerysniper

A competitor helping out - This guy's alright!

Just passin a little info I dont hunt there anymore probably should though.

sticknstring

So everyone's checked in except bety0108. Hopefully we won't be a man down. Sounds like blue will get next crack MN A season on the 13th. I'll be heading back down to NE on the 14th. Hopefully we can get a few birds on the board early!

Nightcrawler

jake takers sounds good.

fishermusk

I looked up the pine haven tree farm. I live in the area and been there before but I just couldn't remember where it was. I now know what you mean about hard to get to them, I do know how to get there by walking and keeping the feet dry, it is a distance through Carlos Avery. I bet that the tree farm might let a person access the WMA if you asked. I have hunted the WMA for turkeys once and it snowed the first day of the hunt, but it didn't matter I called one in was successful. Do you know that you can hunt the sanctuary land for turkeys in Carlos Avery? I moved to this area mostly because of Carlos Avery being so close, seems to be my home away from home.

bluehat28

Leaving in the morning to set up blinds and do so pre-season scouting-listening.Getting ready is almost as much fun as hunting. Too the woods.blue. Hey String good luck down in Nebraska.

Archerysniper

I looked up the pine haven tree farm. I live in the area and been there before but I just couldn't remember where it was. I now know what you mean about hard to get to them, I do know how to get there by walking and keeping the feet dry, it is a distance through Carlos Avery. I bet that the tree farm might let a person access the WMA if you asked. I have hunted the WMA for turkeys once and it snowed the first day of the hunt, but it didn't matter I called one in was successful. Do you know that you can hunt the sanctuary land for turkeys in Carlos Avery? I moved to this area mostly because of Carlos Avery being so close, seems to be my home away from home.

I acessed it through the tree farm, those birds head to the field/pasture of the neighbor to the south of the tree farm a few do end up in the tree farm but most hang on the property to the south they do roost in carlos or they did when I hunted them.

Archerysniper

Also look to the area around Lindwood lake and over by Lent town hall.

fishermusk

Thanks for the tips Archerysniper.

sticknstring

What's everyone up to? Somebody starts up during MN A season don't they? Lets talk some turkey! grin

bluehat28

On my way today,bringing rain suit and snow shovel.Oh well still way better than work.I am putting all toms in 222a on notice.

sticknstring

Snow & a fanned out turkey make for some beautiful pictures! Good luck blue - get us on the board!

bety0108

Well i'm new at this. What do i need to know? I am hunting monster birds in Mower County this year. Got my eyes on a few big birds in the area! Hunting C

sticknstring

Thanks for checking in! I think we're all acounted for now. Top 4 team birds qualify this year.

Ask away - we'll try and help ya out with whatever you need!

bety0108

Is there any bonus for a bow kill or not? I am thinking of using my bow the first day or two. Also i have seen some HSO stickers on peoples cars in the St. Cloud area. Where can i get mine?

bluehat28

Hey all scored 7/8&3/4 spurs 9in beard 24lbs will post later lots of work to do.

fishermusk

I was out scouting for a hunt this Saturday with my niece, she is 14 years old. I saw a tom cross the road, I pulled up parked and watched him for a while. I eventually saw two hens with him, one of the hens had a beard, probably 7 or 8 inches long. That was the first time I have ever seen a hen with a beard.

While I was there a person on the other side of the road shot a tom. Looking forward to the weekend.

paintbrush

Congrats Bluehat!!! Way to get us started. Let's see those pics and hear your story!

bety0108

That a partner! One on the board for the bearded hens! I can not wait for my turn to post some good news! Nice job!

sticknstring

That's great news blue! Congrats on a fine opening day hunt! I got the truck packed and we'll be driving back down to NE tonight. Supposed to be windy and rainy all day Friday but clearing for the weekend. Hopefully we can put a few down!