• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team 4 Tomboys

DrJ

Thats great Featherslayer. Now we've got a little pressure on the other teams. My story is now posted in the submissions post. The 4 other birds I've shot over the years have always been in front of me and came into the decoys. I sit in the same spot every year I'm draw.It was cool to know I could call one in since that bird never saw the decoys until the end. My 2 buddys are still down there now and it sounds like its going to be really tough with a foot of snow and strong winds. I hope the weather improves for ALL the hunters out yet this week. Good Hunting to all...DrJ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• featherslayer

• DrJ

• Nightcrawler

• Livin On The X Outdoors!

well here is the pictures i mentioned early on the other postfull-31865-7973-p4190401.jpg

i know i didnt have to but with some people you just dont know

happy hunting to all of you

Well I made it out scouting with the wife and boy this morning. Looking good for the start of my season f. Saw 2 nice toms on one of my spots. Also saw 1 tom on a different section. They were out today. How many guys do we have left to hunt?

sounds good derek5, i believe thier is still 4 team members left to hunt. if my calculations are right we are in the no.1 spot so far so go get him. had a buddy call me this morning and had a bunch of questions on turkey hunting, ended up coming over and getting 2 hen decoys and my slate call. showed him how to use it and when and a few senorios if one would come in. low and behold he called an hour later and said his nephew just shot one, this was today and the time was around 2pm. i'm glad i could help them out, they showed up just to show me the bird it made my day especialy to see the young boy all fired up. here is the happy hunterfull-31865-8249-20110430_7.jpgthe spurs were 3/4" and the beard was 9.5"

Featherslayer, Way to go helping the young hunter get his Tom. I hope you have a dandy fee for all the other teams that will be seeking your expertise. GO TOMBOYS DrJ.

I let PF JR take a day off school last Friday and we had birds responding to the call but couldn't get them to come in. Then the weather turned bad on Saturday and on Sunday the wind was 30-40 MPH and even though we found a spot sheltered from the wind we didn't see or hear a bird.

TOMBOYS

i see we have only 3 hunters left. derek5 i see that you have a seson coming up soon what about you bluplater? nightcrawler are you archery?

no, use the cannon for turkeys. SCORED in N.Y., got back last nite. Featherslayer if you can post pictures for team score i can e-mail them to you to post.

congrats nightcrawler, as of right now we will be back in 1st place as far as i know. up till today we were like 7 points out of 1st. email me the info and the form and i will be more than happy to get them posted for you. again way to go

Nice work nc! Been out twice, had 3 jakes in the dekes on sun, and today had a longbeard hang up at 60yds. On the way home I spotted.a strutter on land I had permission for so my brother and I started our muddy stalk. He joined up with a hen, and she took.him away. But another gobble sounded off to the north. They started gobbling at each other like crazy! What happened next was sweet, they eyed each other at about 150 yds and the one closer to us took off after the contender. They met in the middle of the field and circled each other for a bit and the fight began! Feathers and spurs were a flying at each other. After 3 or 4 min of whacking each other the one that lost came towards us. I didnt have much cover on my left side and off course he came right at me on the left. He closed in fast to within 10yds without giving me a chance to pull back. He spotted me and began his warning putts. Its now or never, pulled back and he took off to my right, tried to lead him and released..... Clean miss! My bow hit a branch when I was swinging on him. By far the funnest turkey hunt ive been on. To see those 3 longbeards was a good sign. Its gonna be a long day at work! Next time I reply hoping to show a nice pic! Trying again tomorrow morn. Might bring the shotgun!

New York trip 2011

Opener May 1, 5:45, woods lite up,what I figured 8 to 10 gobblers. tom and 2 hens came out for about 1/2 hour across the field than left across the field.

May 2, rained all nite and all day, poured .had 9 hens and 3 toms out 90 yds and no responds, would not leave hens. they came out late 7:30 and stayed out until 9:00 before spliting up. natch, the other way.

May 3 rain-rain . took a chater boat out on Lake Erie for the day. 5 guys ,15 fish fills a Big cooler full. fresh water salmon, alantic salmon,coho,and big browns. cold ,wet but the fishing was hot.

May 4. Hammer time,clear morning, dead silence........ Didn't make a call until 8:00 , pounded the box call and all h... broke loose . Toms on three sides. one came running across field,hung up at 60 yds.hmmmmm ,dot on the head, 3 1/2" sat him on him butt. weighed 22.9 lbs 10 1/8" beard 1 " spurs. Happy times.

May 5. Took my nephew and set him up where the turkeys always went in the mornings when they left the field. I'am back in the blind, Two gobblers in the roost, hit ground 6:30, all's quite. 30 min. later out steps a strutter between us, reach for my box Hmmmmm, no box!!!!, HECK no vest!!!!. Too much happy times last nite??? Did bring gun. .Watching through the bio,s my nephew has a VEST FULL of the tools of the trade. Sounding like a flock of lonesome hens. the tom goes to him like on a string. ACTION , He blows dirt all over the turkey,(took him for 40yds was 52 steps),UP goes tom,(I'am watching through the bio,s,) HECK, he's going to do a fly by!!!! Drop bio's,( Nephew grabs his bio's) grab gun , put dot on head. 25yds out 15ft up. weighed 20.5 lbs 3/4" spurs, 9" beard. happy times agian. New York has a bag of two birds , one a day.

Well, the wife of 45 years got to visit her mother for a week. Think I will take her agian next year in May. MOTHERS day you know.

Way to go Nightcrawler.We still have 2 team members trying to fill there tags. Go Tomboys. Can't wait to see those New York pictures. DrJ...

Well it finally happened! After working our tails off, I scored on a tom. Lastnight we set up in a field that they were using before they roosted. Had 3 long beards and 1 hen come in to the field. After they ate for awile they moved into the woods, it didnt look good. Tried some yelps followed up with a gobble call. About five mins later to my left at 20yds 2 toms stared down the strutting jake we had in place. Didnt take them long to destroy my brothers decoy! We had a quick laugh, then settled in on one. At 20yds all the hard work payed off. 7.5" beard 7/8" spur 17lb. Not a monster but still a solid bird. Ill try to post some pics later and fill out the score sheet.

derek5 way to go, looks like we are in the running for first place. cant wait to see the bird, again congratulations on your hard work and sticking with it.

Nice job derek5. Look forward to your pictures. The Tomboys rule this year. 4 birds thats pretty awesome. DrJ

Thanks guys, we seemed to have a good season for the tomboys. Where is blueplater? Hoping he is in the woods chasing down #5!

derek5

we need your bird submitted, if my calculations are right we are in first place with your bird so far and the season is coming to a close so try and get it in. if you need help pm me

BluePlater

havent heard from you in awhile, you stated earlier you were going to 3 other states update please

Hunted this last season. hunted a Durddy pounder for 3 days he tought me lots of lessons. he knew yardages better than me , that 100 yds was safe all the time. DID POP A JAKE ON THE 25TH .

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats of the late season jake Nightcrawler!

• 3 weeks later...