• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TEAM 9 - "Limb Hangers"

DonBo

Hey guys, here we are again. This is the place to meet and greet, give each other all the support possible, and maybe even give the other guys a hard time.

We also need a team name, so think about that a little bit and let's go win this thing!

Spring seasons are just getting fired up. Lets hear it. Where ya all hunting, when?

ABNDOC has signed in

Jpettit Jr Y has signed in

Cooter has signed in

waterfowler10 has signed in

DonBo R has signed in

FBMH has signed in

I'm DonBo. I'm heading to Kansas in just 13 days. I won this guided trip at the Northwest Sportshow last year. It is strictly an archery hunt. Limit is two birds. This will be the 6th state I've hunted turkeys, and I couldn'd be more excited.

I also have a "B" tag for Minnesota and will be hunting hard for a double in Wisconsin later in May.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonBo

• Abndoc

• Cooter

• sticknstring

Hey everybody, I'll be hunting the last two seasons in 601 with archery,have some trail cam pics of a couple nice toms over the winter so hopefully I can hook up with one of them!

waterfowler, WELCOME! I also hunt 601 over in the eastern metro near Stillwater. Best of luck with your bow, it's a he11 of a challenge and a great rush.

Hunting wisconsin...Zone 4 apr 27-may 1 and may 18-22. First year hunting turkeys, going after them with the bow. Putting cameras out this weekend!! Let's go boys!!

Howdy team! I'll be here in 'sconnie season 4 in zone 4 - opener of fishing, must be May 4-8. Not sure yet on how much vacation I'll take or where I'll hunt - might be a couple hundred yards out the back door depending on where the local flock ends up then or might be Colfax, Eleva, Fall Creek...... Also have 2 young guns that need tags filled and they will be priority.....so I'm making excuses already!!

Team name? I'll vote for something GB Packers related....maybe 'Title Town Turkey Takers'? grin I know for sure DonBo will put in a second on that one!! smile Catch you all later, I'll put in some posts as the season comes closer......still flocked up and way to early to have any clue where they might be come beginning of May.

Glad to have ya Cooter! Ummmmm, yeah, Title Town Turkey Takers? Ummmmmm, NO, not unless this is the year I finally get that 25 pounder from cheeseland, then I don't care what we're called. grin

ArcherySNIPPER, we'll really look forward to you keeping us on the straight and narrow.

Come on guys, let's fire up here! We dropped all the way down to the second page. Let's hear some stories from last years hunt, what you're gonna do different this year. How about some team names????

Wingbones

Spur Collectors

Full Fans

Beard Busters

BBD! (big bird down)

I know you guys have some better ideas than these lame attempts, let's hear 'em.

9 more LONG days till my first hunt. It's warm and sunny in Kansas!

I like BBD!! We can keep it going through the fall when we take out those big brusiers next. grin

Going out tomorrow morning scouting..putting out a few cameras on some used corridors i know of. Alittle scouting from last night, Don your area. On Hwy 36 saw 3 big toms in a picked bean field out in front of a that church that sits way back around lake elmo area. Probably about 15 birds way off the road. Maybe a place to hit for permission. Drove past a field I may hunt out by Somerset last night....looked like a flock of 15-20 hens with one big tom, couldn't get a good look, they ran into some pines when I drove by. Last night was the first night I saw lots of birds out eating compared to last week. They are getting warmed up!!

BBD!... Pleeeeaaase.

What about Jakes or Better? Or Third Shot's the Charm? laugh Do they make one of those smileys with the legs up in the air rolling on the floor? grin

BBD!... Pleeeeaaase.

What about Jakes or Better? Or Third Shot's the Charm? laugh Do they make one of those smileys with the legs up in the air rolling on the floor? grin

You mean this one? roflmao.gif Cause you are SO funny! But even the third shot wasn't so charming last year. blush

Don your area. On Hwy 36 saw 3 big toms in a picked bean field out in front of a that church that sits way back around lake elmo area. Probably about 15 birds way off the road.

Been seeing those birds pretty regular. I actually have permission on a pretty good spot right near there.

Quote:
You mean this one? Cause you are SO funny! But even the third shot wasn't so charming last year.

The Fourth Shots - even better. I love it!full-9397-7303-roflmao.gif

Hey, welcome Jake! Sorry guys, I'm gonna be out of town for a few days. Come up with a good name while I'm gone will ya? Keep the chatter going, it was embarassing getting pushed all the way to page 2. blush

"The Bearded Assassins",

Went out saturday, found birds everywhere i looked, but they seemed grouped up still, maybe next weekend they will start thinking about those females!

Come on guys, let's keep up some banter here. I'm super busy this week, then heading to Kansas for my archery hunt. You MAY not here from me till I get back next Wed or Thur.

Beard Assassins is good with me, anyone else have a thought on that?

Don..

Good luck in kansas!! I'm headed down to wisconsin dells with the family, will be back sunday....going to run out sunday afternoon and pull my cards on the fence post i put cameras out on. Will post updates then.

I already put my request for team name in! I'll think on a good team name. 3 more weeks for me. Got a report from my bud who youth hunted in one of the areas I can hunt and there are birds!

Hey guys, I'm back. We had a great hunt, but unfortunately I will not be helping my team this year. I shot my first ever Rio, but it was a jake, and due to unfortunate circumstances, I was not able to get all the necessary measurements and photos that are needed for this contest. Since only your first bird can be entered, my upcoming hunts in MN and WS will be of no help to the team. Rios are considerably smaller that Easterns (a fully mature tom rarely goes over 19 lbs) and this one was just under 14 lbs, so if we needed that much to win this thing, I appologize. I wish I had better news for you, but it is what it is.

I'll try to get photos and the story posted later, but am super busy at work trying to make up for lost time.

BTW, Limb Hangers is good for me, someone else chime in and I'll change the name.

First ever Rio, Jake or not sounds like a great trophy and a bow kill. Congrats!! I hope to be so lucky in a few weeks with my bow and first ever turkey!! Things seem to be very quiet around here lately, not hearing or seeing much, going to head out early sat morning and do alittle scouting.

Here's the bird. Wish (for our team) he was bigger, but I couldn't be happier that he was a Rio.

DSC02883.jpg

This bird came in with another jake on my second evening of the three day hunt. I had already missed one and spooked another in grand rookie fashion. I had no real desire to shoot a jake, but thought with just one day left and two tags in my pocket, if he gave me a good shot I'd take it. They came into my lone decoy and finally stopped at 18 yards. I smoked him. He only ran about 40 yards and did the old nose dive into the plowed field.

When is everybody hunting? My MN season starts Monday. Walked through there a couple hours ago and jumped some birds, either STILL in the trees or already roosted with the poor weather today.

Donbo,

Congrats on your Kansas Rio- With your bow grin

Good luck with the weather on your hunt. Hopefully the winds will die down. Good news it has to warm up - at least a little wink

Steve