• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Frozen four St Paul Apirl 9 & 11

cbrooks

I'm rooting for UMD and UND today/tonight!!!! I hope all us WCHAers are doing the same, regardless of your home squad. I think it would be REALLY sweet if we had an all WCHA National Championship!!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• solbes

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Id attempt a cheer for the the sioux but I hate the sioux and don't want to risk them winning it all.

Go dogs.

If anyone is at either game and wants to stop by and say hi. We'll be on the drink rail in section 107 on the aisle in "seats" 1 & 2. I'll be the short guy with the maroon Bulldog jersey on. GO Dogs!

Leaving work now, yea!

I hope all us WCHAers are doing the same, regardless of your home squad.

Sorry just can't do it, too many things working against the Sioux tonight. I hate them with a passion, I need Michigan to win to keep my NCAA bracket scoring points for me, I don't want to lose the bet with cbrooks, oh and I hate them.

Hate hate hate hate the sioux.

What bet. Just kidding. Either way brooks is baiting my hook for me. Or maybe he can sharpen all my musky bait hooks.

Well, that's disappointing guys. Thought we had a WCHA lovefest going on? wink

LET'S GO SIOUX!

You got us all wrong, we are Big10 now, have to stick to our conference even thought it hasn't officially started yet.

Ok for those of use stuck at work I found some updates, sounds like a crazy first period UMD 3 ND 2 right now. From the sounds of things ND looks good 5 on 5 and the UMD goalie is a little shaky. Bulldogs again dangerous on the pp, 2 of their 3 goals with the man advantage.

Just talking to myself here... UMD 3 ND 2 end of first.

What I am the only one who doesn't have tickets?

Dogs up 4-2 with 9:45 left in the 2nd period. UMD powerplay has been fantastic, 3 for 4 with lots of chances.

2:39 left in the 2nd no change in scoring. ND going on the powerplay. ND 0/3 UMD 3/5 on the PP so far, strong PK for the bulldogs. Reiter was shaky cause he let in the first shot of the game and then got caught off guard on a dumped puck that bounced off the boards behind the net and had to scramble to get into position but got beat. dogs battled back shortly after each of ND's goals in the first period.

I didnt realize you guys were hanging.

4-2 dogs still.

Im stuck watching the kid. Wife better get home soon so I can atleast make the second game.

Looks like a decent crowd, maybe 70-80%

At the end of 2 UMD has settled down and is controling play. Power Play is textbook and the kill has been good enough to blank ND. Good game, I hope it stays this way and I have some hockey to watch on Saturday!

How many times did Melrose start to say North Dakota and correct himself to say Notre Dame? I stopped counting at eight. Darn, he must really be looking forward to that second game tonight. gringrin

Congrats to the Dogs. They did their part. Hoping the Sioux do theirs. Go Sioux!!!

Soft goal made it interesting but UMD wins 4-3 Now to see if N-Dakota can pull it out tonight only to lost to the Dawgs on Saturday ! lol

Every time I watch the sioux I hate them more. They initiate, then take dives. I cant believe I am watching a sioux game where the refs are actually favoring them. That cant happen often.

Mich is better coached, working harder and plays position way better.

Should make for a good 2nd period.

Hackstol better do something. I wonder if they play systems or just rely on skill. Right now it just looks like outdoor hockey out of them.

Go Dogs.

Sioux looked a little better that period. Mich really struggles on the blue line moving the puck out of the d zone.

Mich looks a little like Denver at times. They get some good chances but they wiff.

At least they let them play that period.

Should be another good period.

Sioux finally started moving their feet and hustling that last five minutes. It's hard to watch your team play like they're back in high school. frown

Thank God they're only down by one. Could be much worse. Go Sioux!

the only difference is our goalie playing well right now... too many turnovers on our part and the sioux are getting a lot of good scoring chances

Both teams have a great history but I just can't root for either one. I hope they go into OT for a long time and the Dogs win the ship! Maroon and Gold. Kinda.

Well THAT sucked! It was like they came into the game expecting to win without trying too hard. mad

Congrats to the Bulldogs fans. Go Dawgs!