• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Frozen four St Paul Apirl 9 & 11

cbrooks

I agree 600 tickets to each of the schools is not enough for an arena that holds 19,5k people. It's the only way students have a chance of going if they didn't plan ahead and buy tickets.

Money grab for the NC$$ . . . and ticket brokers . . . if the right teams win.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• solbes

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what can you do? The sad thing is most of this money will not go to the NCAA's, the schools who participate, or even the facility. It will go to people who make money as ticket middle men. Guess I've done it myself a few times.

Ok, so I have never really paid attention to what michigan has for a fanbase. I do however have a couple of friends from there and thy are claiming that michigan has the best traveling fans. I thin.k the sioux would have the best buy far. But if these guys are right at ll about them traveling we could be in for a crazy Thursday night. I could see them being very loyal as alumni and maybe a traveling older crowd. I just can't see all those students coming all the way here.

Any thoughts. I'm still crossng my fingers for some excited umd fans.

Well we're pretty excited over on our fan website. I don't know how many of even these most passionate fans are traveling though. I was hoping more would have bought tickets immediately following the Saturday win when they were face or slight upcharge. I pointed out there were still SRO tickets. Looks like some of them waited and are now out mad

Duluth travels okay (nothing like UND), but we need all of the fans we can get. We need some of the Sioux fans to support and we need all of the Gopher fans attending to support. I will NOT be cheering for the Wolverines on Thursday night, I can guarantee you that. Either I'll be in a great mood from a Thursday win and cheer for the Sioux, or I'll be in a crappy mood and cheer for the Sioux (look at who's left). From what I've heard, if Michigan loses, most of their fans will dump tickets so you gotta pounce on that.

Michigan hasn't had a great traveling fan base of late. Case in point, the College Hockey Showcase and the CCHA tourney.

Glad to hear a few Bulldogs are cheering for the Sioux. I'll do the same.

Sioux and Bulldog fans - watch the college hockey websites and e-commerce sites, etc Thursday night and Friday for fans of the losing teams dumping tickets for the championship game.

Buying tix could almost be another thread. If I make it to game, almost guarantee I pay less than face. It's almost an artform haggling with scalpers. Wifey hates it when we go that route but always smiles at results.

I suppose I will have to buy tickets from the Sioux and Notre Dame fans for the UMD and Wolverine championship saturday night.

I wish I could cheer on the Sioux, I just cant. Maybe in person. But I doubt it.

Looks to be I'm an in. Pushing back goose hunting. Wifey made Notre Dame connection with rock star seats. ND-Sioux game = invited along. No ND = our tix. Go dogs. Pay my town car ride.

All right sounds like we got a good FM contingent going. I'm jealous of the rock star seats.

Our tickets just arrived in the mail yesterday. Nicely packaged and done up well. Sounds like they have kind of a block party thing going on outside the X on Saturday starting at 2 pm I believe. So they don't serve alcohol at the game, but would they street vendors be allowed to serve outside before the game? Forecast is 49 degrees, partly cloudy with 10 mph winds for Saturday.

Solbes just bring those tiny whiskey bottles with ya and mix them with coke:). Think like your back at your high school prom. grin

Man, I would love to do highschool all over again. those were the days. I would get in as much trouble as I could....so that maybe the Sioux would give me a scholarship. .....who am I going to rip on once hockey season is over. Im gonna be bored.

I doubt there will be any street vendors with beer. For some playoff games and early season wild they do sell beer outside on xcel property. That is done by the xcel and I think would be not allowed for this. Eagle street might have the tent up across the street.

Last year for the west regional the iron range bar sold alcohol. Those not familiar, the Iron range bar is in the xcel. It is at gate 4 ( i think) it is accessible from both the inside and through the gate. Last year they made it so that you just couldnt enter the game from the bar.

They got in a little bit of trouble and it is very doubtful that they can do it again this year. It was a busy place last year. Im guessing this year will be open with no alcohol.

Buying tix could almost be another thread. If I make it to game, almost guarantee I pay less than face. It's almost an artform haggling with scalpers. Wifey hates it when we go that route but always smiles at results.

Same here, you do have to be willing to miss some of the first period and wait for the scalper to sweat it out a little but it can be done. I offered a guy $10 per ticket one time and he told me to get lost, I told him I would be in the bar if he wanted to sell them. Well I got my tickets at my price and he bought us a round before we went to the game. We missed most of the first period but it was worth it.

The frozen four on the other hand would be a whole different situation, especially when you have a couple of teams within driving distance.

i saw they are doing a red carpet entrance. Kind of cool. That must be for Solbes to enter.

Hey, I'm guilty of this... I bought 3 tickets one for the game and two for sale. I just wanted to help offset the cost of my ticket. I feel almost guilty now for how high they went on-line :{ Thought maybe I would get a $50 return per ticket.

Weird they are doing the red carpet thing for all 4 teams in the semis. Would be cool to see for the championship game though.

Those Duluth guys should skip the red carpet, they need to keep their underdog mentality. And whatever Kenny Reiter did before and during the regionals, grab a double dose please.

Jag, make as much as you can, who cares. I think we just wish there were more tickets saved for students, at a cheap rate. The way the tickets are going you could pay for the whole trip with your profits.

Solbes, The dogs should drive themselves to the game too, that would be old school and under dogish.

So far my buddies are backing out. good for nothing. Hopefully I can at least get one of them to go to the bars Saturday. Seems there wives dont like the idea of them drinking all afternoon on a saturday. Crazy wives.

Nothing wrong with making money. Selling counterfeits and switching tickets...stuff like that I don't like.

I'm a little surprise of all the horror stories on here. I guess I don't know the ways of the big city.

I've never had a problem buying Sioux tickets either on HSO-Classifieds or SiouxSports. If I bought tickets on the street, I really like the idea of having the seller walk up to the scanner with ya. Good thinking for a dyed hair hockey fan. winkgrin

"]

Solbes, The dogs should drive themselves to the game too, that would be old school and under dogish.

They need the slap shot bus!

waltcomisky.jpg

We can make it look mean.

The more I think of it I really hope the dogs do soak up the whole underdog, small school northern mn thing. Kids from tiny northern towns etc. Would make for a good story, and could catch some traction.

Well now that the little basketball tournament is over we can get onto the real serious tournament taking place this weekend. Go Dogs!

What... Can't UND get a little love here?Go Sioux, Go UMD

Funny you say that. I've said it before, Go Sioux (unless we happen to meet again). I was just checking out the competitions website, Sioxsports. There's a thread 4 pages long complaining about UMD fans laugh

Anyhow, kinda funny that these two teams are now mixing it up in the post season and you see threads like this. I recognize about 3 or 4 UMD Penalty Box members that joined the Sioux site apparently to mix it up. Most of the discussion has been around obnoxious UMD fans or Junior almost drowning in Lake Superior 8 years ago (don't knock it if you haven't tried swimming in a COLD lake with wave action and an undertow). Also some talk on both school fansites about whether we should root for each other's schools or not.

Solbes, those guys are Retards on there. I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I can't stand fans that think there team can do no wrong and if another fan dares to cheer for there team in front of them there being unsportsman. Yeah I say that thread. I like to think its a small minority that think like that. Those are also the guys that think Hak should be fired and Genoway is overrated. It just so happens there the loudest fans usually.

Does UMD have fan website?

Forget this hugs and kisses cheer for each other [PoorWordUsage]! Can't believe I'm about to say this but to keep my bracket going Go Michigan and Go Dogs!

Brooks you offend me everyday.

Go dogs and I guess wolverines. By the way genewoy is a hack. I hate the little guys like that that use their stick after the whistle. He might just do it against the gophs though. And yes I disliked baribal for doing the same.

It was too nice yesterday and the geese were flying high through harvey. Clouds neded.

I just thought the discussion got pretty lively and entertaining. I think we've had this conversation already that all teams have some really obnoxious fans, UMD and UND included.

Duluth has a much smaller fansite called "the Penalty Box". It's bankrolled by one guy without sponsors so it's pretty small. Originally it was a spin-off from GPL, but is run by a UMD guy. But kind of a fun community to celebrate or commiserate with.

I would love to be able to watch a Sioux vs. Bulldogs championship game at the Wig Wam on Saturday night. It wouldn't be as much fun without either of them.