• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA Tourny

scsavre

Did we just see the championship game? Have't seen hockey this good all weekend. Denver got a terrible draw. Thank you ESPN.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

• missioncontrol26

Nice win for UND. Should be a rockin' Xcel Energy center. Brooks, Shorelunch, Bryce and all the other Sioux guys, have your tix yet? Can't wait till Thursday.

Predictions on Notre Dame v UNH? I really have no idea and have seen them play only in their NCAA region games.

Yep. I think Denver ran out of gas. They will be the team to beat next year...if everybody stays. Heck, if they wouldn't have lost all the players over the post season they would have been the team. Good game.

Yah, Sioux fans are we going to this game or what?

Solbes you going both nights?

I am not sure yet. I think I will be going. Mixing in the muskie expo too.

Congrats UMD and Sioux fans, here's to an all WCHA final! Please don't let me down because I will puke if Michigan and Notre Dame are playing for the championship.

Michigan...the Minnesota's new BIG TEN rival. Ah man UND needs to stick it to these guys.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to having some barley pops and watching the SIOUX win the title first hand. Any other of you cats going to be there?

What are all the sioux fans that don't understand the game of hockey going to do when they get to the games and find out they don't serve alcohol. NCAA does not allow alcohol to be served at their events.

I guess they might visit the local establishments pre-game and be even more Rowdy then usual. Should be great crowds for all the games. Looking forward to watching them.

That is going to be terrible for everyone. All it does it get people tanked durring pregame.

I wonder if you can tailgate down there. Ive seen it once or twice, but it small.

That would be fun though.

I will will run accross the street between periods. HAha

What are all the sioux fans that don't understand the game of hockey going to do when they get to the games and find out they don't serve alcohol.

It will be a shock I'm sure. It will also be a big difference between the Final 5 at the X and the Frozen Four. Oh well, should be fun anyway. If we get things taken care of properly, I will be there early and have a few outside the X before the games. We bought tix for the entire session. If Duluth loses the first game, I still want to see the title game. The only situation I wouldn't want to see is the Irish vs Wolverines, which I doubt will happen.

C'mon Scott we need you there loud and proud rooting for the Maroon and Gold. Any other Duluth fans going?

Not serving alcohol at the X might just force those UND fans to bring their own little bottles. Either way they will represent - at least the ones from ND.

I won't be able to be there - I will be with a group of college buddies on the Riany River - they do serve alcohol there.

Michigan...the Minnesota's new BIG TEN rival. Ah man UND needs to stick it to these guys.

We handled Michigan with ease this year, probably would have won a Big 10 conference title. WCHA has been too much for us lately so we are jumping ship to an easier conference.

The Michigan UND matchup is going to be a heck of a game, right now it's kind of hard not to imagine the winner of that game taking the whole thing but I am hoping the Dogs have a little magic up their sleeve.

Thats a good way to look at it Bear. It will be a three horse race in that conference.

Michigan never really went on a hot streak this year judging from there record. it sounds like they have a goaltender that gets hot every now and then. I get the feeling this isn't the best Michigan team in the last five years. I like UND chances against these guys over BC or even UNO IMO.

]

I hate Denver, but I hate the Sioux even more, they have the worst, and obnoxious fans that know nothing about hockey. But they do show up and cheer like crazy. obviously not talking about you guys on here.

Yah know how many Gopher fans I've sat by at the F5 and even Marriucci and had to explain to them how the F5 format worked, how their team needed to win to make the NCAA's, that the F5 wasn't the national championship, that checking is allowed in hockey, what place the Gophers were in the the WCHA, etc.

I'll agree that UND has some jerk fans, but so does every team out there. However, most fans are there for a good time and support their team. That being said, I think I've only met a few decent SCSU fans whistlewink

I'll agree that UND has some jerk fans, but so does every team out there. However, most fans are there for a good time and support their team. That being said, I think I've only met a few decent SCSU fans whistlewink

I think we should all agree that every team probably has an equal percentage of clowns in their fanbase. Some fanbases are larger or travel better than others so you can potentially run into more clowns in a given area or during a certain time of the year. It's really the luck of the draw who you run into.

brooks - fishing trips with college buddies and paid deposits on cabins take priority over hockey. I'm sure there will be a bar up there I could find a TV in. I'll be fishing walleyes only if the peak of the run is on - otherwise it's sturgeon for me. Been burned too many times trying to fish walleyes there when they aren't thick enough to make it worth it. I won't work hard all day for 15 walleyes.

brooks - fishing trips with college buddies and paid deposits on cabins take priority over hockey.

Where's the dedication? If I recall there were some gopher fans paying well over a grand for tickets to the 2002 championship game in St.Paul, and those tickets didn't even get them into the game!!!! Now that is dedication!!

Just giving you a hard time brmuskie, I was just remembering a story from that game. I think a scalper had a field day selling some semi-final tickets as championship game tickets to some very trusting guys who took the bait.

Actually that's a good point bear.

If any of you are looking at tickets out front, you might want to make the guy walk up to the gate and scan the ticket. Ever since minnesota legalized scalping again there has been a less then apealing looking crew outside selling tickets that may or may not get you into the game. check the dates too. And if you are a sioux fan have someone that can read with you to make sure its the right event.

Scalping tickets at a sioux game....that there sounds offensive.

Ya those guys can be tricky, I scalped a couple of tickets to a Sioux/Gopher game several years back. The guy showed me a seat on the blue line about 10 rows up, we agreed on a price and I went for my $$$ and he pulled the old switcharoo on me. I ended up with top row tickets on one end of the rink. Lucky for me some corporate seats went unfilled so we slid in and took them over.

The other thing to watch out for are the ever so appealing "Friday" night tickets smile I'm sure some people will be duped into thinking they are buying game tickets only to realize they paid hundreds of dollars to go to the "Frozen Four Experience" night with the Hobey announcement, the autographs, and the fan skate.

I can't believe the shysters out there. Switching ticket seats on a person. I have no respect for people like that. If youfeel you have to do something like that something is wrong crazy. Sorry to hear that happen to you Bear. Can't trust anybody nowadays.

Hey it all worked out, I learned a lesson and we ended up with better seats. Oh and the Gophers beat the Sioux in OT!

Jogging my memory a bit that was the year we hosted the Sioux in the first round of the playoffs on our way to a title.