• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Fish Trap II shell?

Steve Foss

Question

Hey everyone:

I've got a USL Fish Trap II that's given great service, but the canvas shell (also called the tent) is wearing out and torn from hard use.

Question is, can I get a replacement one that fits it in the new ice armor fabric? Do the shells/tents for a Guide fit a Trap II?

USL's Web site is no help on the topic. Would really like a new one, but guess I could go buy some light canvas and cajole the wife into winding up the sewing machine.

------------------
Steve ([email protected])

3 answers to this question

Catfish, I purchased a replacement for my trap 2 last year direct from the company. You should have a tag inside your tent with the company name and phone no. As I recall they are in Plymouth mn and the replacement cost is $150.
Dusty

Strikemaster,
I think you can upgrade to the new material.I replaced mine last year with the old type material. As I recall I inquired about the new material and it was more money. I paid $150 for the old style. The distibutor is in plymouth Mn. If you look inside your trap you should have a white tag with the name & phone of the distributor.

Hello there. I replaced my old canvas with the new ice-armour nylon. It's a little loose but I could probably get it tighter if I dinked with it some more. You won't be able to use your front spreader bar. This was replaced with a adjustable rear spreader. You'll need to drill a hole for this, not a big deal. If you don't feel a need for the door ask for last year's model. It will be cheaper. I'm not sure how much they go for. The company's name is USL and they are located in Plymouth. I work there that's why I don't know any prices for replacement parts (mine was free). Their websit is www.uslproducts.com. the phone# for customer service should be there. If you need some help or have any questions feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Good luck