• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone have a Zercom LPG 2000, comments ?

Question

4 answers to this question

Slug/ I was in the market for that unit because i like the way it "paints" a pixel on the screen. I liked the resolution allot. I wanted to add it for my bow. I went to my local tackle store to get more info on the unit and was told to stay away from it because they were getting allot of units back for various reasons. I wanted to leave with something(you know how that is)so i was also interested in the Vexliar Edge. I liked the real time display it had. Again i was told to stay away from that unit because of problems. That was two summers ago. I havent heard of any problems since or if the original problems were ever corrected. So i wound up leaving with another X-85..

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I've used mine for 2 seasons now and really enjoy using it. It has exceeded my expectations. I am always surprised when I go to Gander that most of the reps know very little about it and said they don't sell to many of them. I'm sure price has something to do with it as not everyone likes spending 599 on a new graph. I would recommend buying one at the original price. If they are selling for 399 now, I would really recommend buying it. That price would put it in the range of the X85 (less than an X85 w/spd and temp added)and my fishing parter who owns the X85 would agree the Zercom is a nicer unit. I couldn't find any info on Zercoms website about it being discontinued, but I'm sure that is the last place you'd find that info. Cabela's is selling them for 479.99, so 399 would be a good deal. That's my 2 cents, good luck!

I have used one of the 2000 for 2 years now and love it. It shows more detail than most other units.
It hasn't really been discontinued, the new units have been renamed and will say Humminbird across the bottom!

Rob