• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Danny Kristo out indefinitely with frostbite

cbrooks

Not really looking, too hard, I am assuming there will be alot listed in spring. I just upgraded the 2004 Chevy tahoe to the 2009 LTZ Tahoe. So we will see if I can find some funds, doubtful.

I have had a 2001 1775 Fishhwak for 2 years now and I love it, but my goal is to keep upgrading boats every 2 or 3 years or so. you can darn near use em for free if you do it right.

I dont know a ton about the different Ranger models, I like the Fisherman series. I saw a 2001 617vs dual counsel with a 125 for $15,500 and I thought that was a steal. I am not sure if that is a small boat or not for a ranger. I fish a 4000acre lake. I dont need the whole 225hp stuff out there. I havent seen the 17 foot before.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

• solbes

Top Posters In This Topic

We will probably catch he11 from Solbes for getting off the topic so I will apologize right now.

Have you look into the Tuffy boats. They ahev a model that would be ideal for your use and lots cheaper. Those rangers are nice but there price too high for me. Tuffys are really reasonable. There not as wide as the ranger is the main difference.

The Tuffy Ospreys are Bad a$$. I see some pretty high prices out there though. I assume if you drive to Wisc and you might find a better price.

Ok some hockey for Solbes, What place will UMD get in the WCHA...3rd..4th...gosh 4th seems like a slap in the face for that team.

Those two teams play each other to end the season at Duluth. I think Duluth gets 3rd.

I like the idea of upgrading your boat every 2 to 3 years to get your money out of it.

Im telling you it works. I bought my Fishawk for a little over $9k, I bet I can get close to that now. I actually see them listed higher then that. Can you imagine, getting paid to use a boat, if you can sell it higher.

what are you fishing out of, dont tell me waiters from the banks of the red...What ever happened to that other Sioux fan who fished, BRmuskie from last year....

I remember brmuskie. I fish out of a 2005 lundfisherman 18 footer with 140 johnson. I bought it as a roll over for 22000 in spring of 2006. I'm guessing I would get 18 grand today for it.

Look at that, you are fishing out of a cadilac. Niceboat. Lunds have always been out of my price points. Its great how boats hold their value.

If sold, it would be $1K a year, not bad.

My biggest compliant. I wish I had more power. My next boat will be max out.

"Price points" who has the lake home on Pelica smile

Ranger, eh? Should be a bunch coming up for sale in about a month as people who bought at the show need to sell their previous rig. Awesome boats, when/if I can convince wife to upgrade it will be a glass Ranger. The Lund Predators are setup well for Muskie fishing also with the open setup and high decks (2009+). Especially the 2010 length, it's B.A but big $$.

Didn't mean to bust your guy's nuts over muskie lures earlier, just messin' around.

Hockey wise I think UMD finishes 3rd. But they could move up or down a spot too. Hard to say what's wrong with this team on Friday night. Do they abide by BWW's policy that the weekend starts on Thursday or what? A lot of potential there, but they no longer possess the great power play since Dylan left. Fontaine or MC on the point is lame-o. And their goaltending won't get them out of the regionals at this point. Still plenty of time to get back their fire, I haven't given up on them yet.

I wish I was 30 and had a cabin of my own on pelican. I doubt ill ever afford that. Its top 5 most expensive lakes every year. Have you been out there? Its rediculous. Famil cabin is where I stay. My. There are 4 savre cabins out there. Its our lake. 4 smallest cabins too tho.

I'm merely a best buy corp worker, dreaming of owning a ranger.

I saw those predators. Darn cool boats. Are they not basically the same as the lund anglers from a few years ago.

Without the powerplay clicki.g I don't see the dogs making it to far. I had them as my favite.to win the wcha in preseason.

So who do you guys have finishing in 1st for the season. Denver or UND. It sounds like UND could have it sealed this weekend if everything works out in there favor.

We stayed at Breezy on Pelican in '04. Really cool lake and some good fishing to boot. I seem to remember my cousin driving right over a marked rock pile at 20 mph with my boat. And I ran out of gas on that lake with spent trolling batts; get out the paddles people! Funny I can remember those details through the weekend's haze of ethanol. But hey if you've got family to stay with that's perfect, let them pay the bills!

We own lakeshore on an 800 acre lake and it's expensive! And thats with a camper and mini bunkhouse. A log cabin has been 6-7 years in our future for about 6 years now, so you can guess how that's going. I don't think the wife listens to me anymore when I tell her it's right around the corner. Hitting the walleyes at sunset and returning to a bar with beer tap on shore's edge...Guy's gotta dream to make it through the doldrums of life (and missed Bulldogs opportunities, there's my hockey plug)

I guess the Preds are kinda like the Anglers. The new Pred's have higher decks and the aft flip seats give you more room since you only need two cockpit seats. I would guess a 115 would push the 1810 model into mid to upper 40's easy. Nice storage area for cranks too just aft of the long bow livewell.

It's gotta be UND's McNaughton to lose at this point. Denver has to play UNO and that could be a 4 pt swing in either direction. Denver has not been that strong lately either.

You guys are both stlying. I just crash at brothers place in Bemidji every weekend. He's not even on the lake. I can do that when your single and no family. I've look at some places up at the NW angle on pine creek. Its alot cheaper than the lakes around Bemidji. Haven't gotten real serious about it.

Why does the WCHA have the Bradmour and the McNaughton trophy? Can't they just have one trophy for the Final Five and thats it? I think they should do away with the McNaughton trophy.

I suppose if you're a Sioux or Gopher fan, another McNaughton might not mean as much. Me, I think it would be awesome. I say keep it.

You gotta have a regular season champ and playoff champ. The broadmoar started because mich tech are the official keepers of the mcnaughton and tbey left the wcha in 82. So we needed to make the broadmore to have a trophy. Se when tech came back, we had 2 trophys. Obviuosly now now we moved the later to being the final 5 trophy.

While in bemidji I cash right into the 209 bar. My favorite tender bugs knows how to serve thbirsty musky fisherman. The only problem is I seem to sleep right past the morning bite.

Solbes, you got it made.

Oh. And I don't see how und could blow it. Does the reg season champ ever win the final 5. And in turn, then go on to win it all. I don't think the gophs or denver d

Did it all when they won the champ.

Solbes any smallmouth in that lake.

MacNaughton + Broadmoor + NCAA Title

1997 UND

2005 DU

Only two teams to do it I think.

No smallies in our lake. My FIL caught a 23" Largie though in '08. Very fat fish, don't know why we skipped the photo.

No photo. Sounds like one of brooks imaginary muskie catches.

23 is a beast.

Those teams that did that, und and denver. Those are good teams. Go through the wcha grind all year and then win all 3. Awesome

At least I'm not claiming it was my fish smile Biggest bass I may ever see and hopefully still swimming and growing. State record is 23.5 but with an absolutely beastly girth.

Dean Blais and The Gwoz. You may not like 'em, but man can they coach a squad.

Thats a heck of a fish Solbes. lesson learn always have a camera. I still hardly ever bring it. Got another big fish no camera story. On lake Irvin I caught a 14 1/4 inch bluegill. I kid you not. Fishing for walleyes and got into a bunch of big bluegills along with crappie's on memorial day about 4 or 5 years ago. People give me cr@p about that all the time. Thinking how big that bluegill was I must of measure it wrong. I even doubt my memory on that one. I have witnesses though.

I would have thought Minnesota's 2002 or 03 team would have won all three. Those teams were stake.

A 14" bluegill would have at least went for a ride in my livewell until I got a photo. That's one B.A. panfish. I could imagine it chasing bass around the shallows.

I think I must have measure that one wrong. I was using a stinker measuring ruler that you stick to the gunwhale of your boat. It was a pig even if I measured wrong. Full of eggs too. It was leaking them all over the boat.

Scott do people catch bluegills regularly out there. I've never been able to find them after that.

Not real often. Sometimes some perch but not a lot of gills. We best on little grant lake for gills and decent crappies.

Hi guys - I'm still around, just not nearly as much anymore. I switched jobs, started coaching my kids hockey, and now don't have much time for posting. Just lurking and stealing info where I can. I still live in Bemidji though so if you guys ever want to get out fishing together, let me know.

[pleasebecomeasponsor] - you have me thinking about selling my 03 1750 fishhawk and upgrading now. My wife doesn't thank you!

I went to 5 games this year. I never saw the Beavers lose a game in person this year. 2-0-3 was their record for games I attended. I think they should pay me to come to more games.

I will be on Lake Winnipeg next weekend so they will have to take on the rodents without me.