• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Danny Kristo out indefinitely with frostbite

cbrooks

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

• solbes

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some of the internet rumor stuff. If any is true this could be a career ender frown Sad if true.

Wow, that's a little strange. He must have been on a long walk to sustain that kind of damage on an area of skin that is covered. Usually you would have it on your ears or fingers before it gets your feet. Hope he recovers.

Ya this is an odd one, I hope its not a career ender. I won't comment on the rumors because who knows what really happened but it must be serious if they brought him down to the cities for treatment.

I cant imagine a career ender. Geeeze what way go. Thats as bad as Budish and his moped accident.

I hope he heals up and comes back soon. even though he is a Sue.

I would assume it has to be a drinking result. who knows.

The hockey boys in ND must like their booze. Wasn't it last year that one of them got in trouble for throwing all the furniture into the street or something?

The hockey boys in ND must like their booze. Wasn't it last year that one of them got in trouble for throwing all the furniture into the street or something?

Joe Finley and Matt Frattin were those guys. Come on spearchucker you were that age once. Didn't everybody do this type of stuff. I call it being young.

Joe Finley and Matt Frattin were those guys. Come on spearchucker you were that age once. Didn't everybody do this type of stuff. I call it being young.

I wasn't knocking them, just having a little fun. I have done plenty of stupid things while drinking, but I or anyone else never got hurt, except for maybe a black eye or something.

It gets a little more serious though with the frostbite thing. I hope he is alright. I would hate to see something so stupid ruin a guys career. Is it serious enough where he could lose a foot? At least he didn't try walking across the Red River or something. These college guys have a tendency to drown lately when drinking.

Has anything more come out about what really happened?

I think the losing foot thing is way over exaggerated. In my opinion I think he may have been drinking decided to walk home, lost his right shoe walking(I've done that drunk)thats probably why he only has a frostbite on that foot. Thats what I get out of the story. I know Hakstal said that Kristo hasn't violated any team rules.

I realize your just ribbing me smile. My drinking stories didn't involved black eyes but rather it would be me laying in a ditch naked somewhere. Nobody wants that crazyblush

My drinking stories didn't involved black eyes but rather it would be me laying in a ditch naked somewhere. Nobody wants that crazyblush

Depends on who is there with you!

I read something on the Strib site that said it is his toes, but didn't mention the entire foot. Tough to skate without toes.

Ok what I'm hearing and take it for what its worth, it doesn't sound like anything is getting cut off. He just had numbness in his right toe. Those feet could maybe make him alot of money so thats why he went down to the cities so he can get the best care. I really think he will end up playing again. Hopefully this year. I'm actually thinking positive it will be this year.

At first I was reading all the rumors and thinking the wrost. I bought into that stuff a little bit. After reading the hospital release I beleive those rumors of him past out in snow bank just isn't true. Some of UND hockey fan sites are just gossip. I kind of regret reading that site. Lesson learn don't believe everything you read. That includes me. I'll try to do better. smile

Didnt Frattin have a good old DWI in 2009 too, must just be bad luck.

Sounds like a thug.

Kristo isnt that kind of kid though. Likely just being an [PoorWordUsage] like I know I have been.

I bet he is skating. Heard it wasnt that bad. A blister and numbeness.

You Gopher fans are as thick as theives smile

Danny Kristo has full use of all his toes and feet. It sounds like a full recovery. I feel STP for even posting this thread. The way it was being covered by the media you thought the poor kid was dying. I'm glad it turn out good for him.

The way it was being covered by the media you thought the poor kid was dying.

What else is there to talk about in ND besides the Red River flooding?

I hardly listen to or watch any news because it is all sensationalism. They want to be first to get a story out and grab attention and then when they really find out what is going on, they retract everything and tell you what really happened.

What else is there to talk about in ND besides the Red River flooding?

In sports its all hockey in this town. Hockey dominates the coverage. In a city of 50,000 you can't even get tickets to a UND game unless a season ticket holder gives them to you. I can't believe I would ever say a 12,000 seat arena is too small for this town.

You Gopher fans are as thick as theives smile

Danny Kristo has full use of all his toes and feet. It sounds like a full recovery. I feel STP for even posting this thread. The way it was being covered by the media you thought the poor kid was dying. I'm glad it turn out good for him.

Yep its always best to let the rumors and speculation play out, sometimes they can be correct but most of the time you get a bunch of [PoorWordUsage].

In sports its all hockey in this town. Hockey dominates the coverage. In a city of 50,000 you can't even get tickets to a UND game unless a season ticket holder gives them to you. I can't believe I would ever say a 12,000 seat arena is too small for this town.

Been there. It is a great arena.

A city of 50,000. The U of M has 50,000 students, crazy in prospective. The Sioux are the Packers of hockey. Just as drunk too. But Packer fans at least have some football knowledge. (Brooks, I might be pushing you a little hard here. I better tone it down, I bet you are starting to not like me, haha)

I saw Kristo is doing better every day. expecting a good recovery. Hopefully back on the ice in a few weeks or something, pending nerve damage in his toes or something.

This thread has turn into "lets gang up on the UND fan thread" smile. I didn't think the packer fans drank that much.

In case anyone cared Genoway is due back 3 to 5 weeks.

Even if I was from the Eastside I would never admit it. Only kidding. I probably spend almost as much time in Minnesota. I kind of have the best of both worlds. Minnesota's fishing and North Dakota's hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Danny is still down in Eden Praire with his parents. Not playing yet. He was at the SCSU series. Don't recall hearing anything about him being on crutches or anything. Can't say how long he's out.

So, he is a college student athlete, who is not attending college? This would make me think he is not coming back this year. If all of a sudden he comes back for the final 5, I think you might here me complain that he shouldn't be eligible.

Ahhh, Jack single barrel tonight....as I search the web for used Rangers...nothing for sale right now Brooks...I guy can dream though...

I figured with the economy you could find a nice deal. Your looking into a ranger. Nothing but top of the line for this guy huh smile. What model if you don't mind me asking.