• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
harv65

Where is

harv65

Lost my fishhouse by a pile of rocks, somewhere west of Big Point. What is the name of the pile of rock

Red Miller

Well due west of Big Point about 2 miles out is 3 Mile Reef. (not exactly sure what its 3 miles away from...:)

harv65

Thanks but there is a pile of rocks out there some where just what to now what it is called. mite be south some too.

Red Miller

any idea how far out you were?

hanronson

Spirit Island is just out from Cove Bay...is that what you're talking about?...and what do you mean, you lost your fishhouse?

Red Miller

It does beg the question....

Was it a portable? (I hate the word porty, sounds like it needs potty after it)

possibly stolen?

harv65

Well did not lose it just north of the big pile of rocks sticking out of the ice but about six miles north on Hunter/Winfield Resort, but just what to know if that pile of rocks has a name.

leech~~

It does beg the question....

Was it a portable? (I hate the word porty, sounds like it needs potty after it)

possibly stolen?

Doesn't Hennpen Isle (sp) have rocks that stick up as well? Must have been one heck of a evening trip if you can't find your way back to your "porty" house! wink

Red Miller

Sounds like Hennipen Island maybe. Thats about 2 miles straight south of Big Point

Red Miller

Porty....ahhhh!!! there it is

harv65

well the rocks are the only thing sticking out of the ice must be Hennepin Island.

Thanks folks I asked about 25 people an no one could say.

Red Miller

I was going to ask you if it was white but I guess thats kind of a dumb question this time of year.

Its white in summer but Im not sure if thats seagulls, bird [PoorWordUsage],or white rocks. Never drove in that close.

Hatman52

Well maybe you should go out there and follow YOUR tire tracks. How do you lose an ice house. Or next time you should borrow your nephews gps.

P.S. My step dad is not going to be very happy when he finds out you lost his fish house!!! smile

harv65

thanks all I was just trying to get my bearing on the lake first time out there but did not have a gps.

Paul Waldowski

It has to be Hennepin Island as that is south and west of Big Point and it is also a big pile of rocks sticking out of the ice.

harv65

Thank You

leech~~

Thank You

harv65, please don't leave us hanging. Tell us the whole story. Like I stopped at the bar before I hit the lake annnnd? Or when I was fishing I popped a few beers annnd? wink

H2O Milfoil

Wait until late in the day on February 27 and scope around with some binoculars. I suspect it'll be a lot easier to find then.

RiverChuckNorris

What the heck are they putting in the water supply in Staples???

MyThai

You guys are brutal. With the name “harv65”, I am guessing his name was Harvey and he is 65 years old. Without knowing the truth, it is so easily to cast stones. If I was 65, what is a GPS?

Rymann

This thread has absolutely made my day!!!!

Bottle Fish

This thread has absolutely made my day!!!!

I'll second that. laugh Really how do you lose your house? I drink some too but come on. I want the story behind it as well.

bturck

severa; years ago we were at Macs Twin Bay and a fella came in and asked if anyone had seen a blue portable go by. He was sober as could be, mid morning. He said he had set up the house on the north end and it was windy and no snow. he turned around and the house was headed south. He chased it with his ATV for awhile but soon realized he wasn't going to catch up with it, so he came south hoping someone had found it or seen it cruise on by. Don't know if he ever did find it, but I would suspect eventually it came to rest near Isle if it didn't tip over and destroy itself. Felt sorry for the guy, it was his first house and first time out with it. cry

motley man

Flip overs and pop ups don't like wind. If you get out of them they fly. I use 4 boat anchors to tie down with on my pop/up. They work great and i don't have to drill anchor holes for spikes. Gives extra weight in back of truck when not using them on ice.

mrklean

haha i have gone for a few rides when i still had my single man flip over on windy days with glare ice

Dylan33

I am so confused, entertained and amazed all at the same time. What the heck is going on with this thread? Harv lost a house, but didn't actually lose it, but just wants to know what a pile of rocks is called....I love it, but I wish i knew what Harv is talking about. smile

Whopper Stopper

I just re-read the entire thread. It's even better the second time around!

WS

Dylan33

I just re-read the entire thread. It's even better the second time around!

WS

I'm on my 32nd time re-reading it...still don't know what's going on...still makes me smile every time

bak2MN

Cant wait to here what the heck is really going on. laugh

Red Miller

C'mon, Harv65...dont be shy. We have all had those "moments" where we would rather not talk about it. Just look at this like its your outdoor support group.