• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

12+ inches on the way? What a weekend!

Ive heard anywhere from 10 to 18 inches and blizzard conditions with this storm. That is sure gonna make it tough getting around these next few weeks. Be safe!

I have to admit, I was a bit freaked out driving off the lake last night. The road had blown shut and snow was coming over the hood. I'm staying in tonight after pulling off miltona a few hours ago. Good night to stay in after having an awesome day catching panfish with my almost 4 year old son.

flooding not too bad on ottertail.

however, getting the house off last night was near impossible, from here on out, you're only going to be able to fish on a plowed road basically, unless its a portable and snowmobile.

All's I can say is there is alot of snow out there. We were working on plowing a road across the lake from the riviera access and it was not going good. Too small of a plow truck for that size of drifts. We made it about half way across the lake in 2.5 hrs of plowing when we look in our review mirror to see snow just flying from a truck with a v-plow heading our way. He stopped and asked which house is ours and powered through the drifts the rest of the way for us. So there is now a plowed road all the way across the lake but beware of one nasty spot in the middle of the lake. There is about 6-8 inch's of water and then a frozen spot and 6-8 inch's again use caution!!! Once we got back to the north shore with the house we flagged down the gentleman that plowed us out. We wanted to pay him but he would not take anything for helping us out. Just a simple comment of "make a donation to your church for me" this was truely an unexpected ending to stressful day.

Anyone know what it looks like off Amor...? I was hoping maybe I could still use my ATV plow but after the last guys post it does not sound good.

There is a nice hard crust of about 2" on most of the snow and drifts out there. I think about the deepest drift I found when I jumped out of the truck was knee deep or a little better. But around our house before we pulled it off there was at least 3 feet of snow pilled up. There was very minimal water under the house which was good news anyway.

Thanks Walleye, so are you considering the season over...? Well I guess I will have to try the ATV plow as its all I got other than a snow blower LOL. Well either way sounds like it will be interesting. I will be out there this weekend. I hope I am not burried. However my luck is not the greatest so I sure I am.

I'll be out there to sometime this weekend to assess the damages. I'm not to far from you so make sure you plow a good road smile. If it's to bad it'll have to sit till I can get it off

My house is out that way too. If it turns out we're reasonably close, is anyone interested in splitting the cost of having a road plowed, assuming we can find someone to do it? I have a couple friends with houses in that general area so we may be able to split it a few ways.

And I know nothing about ATV plows, but I would be shocked if one would do much in the current conditions. I only checked the area near the Riviera access, and around there it looks like anything but a decent v plow would be pretty much useless.

The season is over for the big perm. anyway. Working an angle on a sled so I can still get out with the portable anyway. Good luck on getting out to your guys houses. There was more than one v-plow running out there yesterday so there is a chance a road might be close.

I was hoping that we would not get this much snow but we did. Fri morning I plowed out to ottertail Fetched our house and the neighbors house. We then decided to move to another lake to beat the flooding. I started to plow out the access got stuck. My brother was on the lake already checking the snow depths with his truck. Phoned him to pull me out. He tried to go around me and dropped the truck in at the access. We were a little suprised only 2" of ice there. Got my truck free and pulled him out luckily (after lots of chiseling) Decided to hang it up for awile

BUMMED

I will see what I can do. I just dont know if a ATV plow has much of a chance in this stuff. I will see what it looks like this weekend. Hopefully there is a road way to work a path from.

Thanks for the update bigtime that might help. I know there is plow tip jar at Kens I usually throw a $5 in there. Does anyone know who plows or if they plan on keeping roads open...? If one knew they were gonna keep roads open on the lake I would just maintain a plowed path from my fish house to the road. That would be nice and would be worth throwin $10 in every weekend with these snow amounts. Anyway as of right now I am planning on pulling it. If one can think of a system to make it worthwhile for a plow driver to keep it open we should try to implement it. It would be nice to get out more than 3 weekends this year.

Thanks for the update bigtime that might help. I know there is plow tip jar at Kens I usually throw a $5 in there. Does anyone know who plows or if they plan on keeping roads open...? If one knew they were gonna keep roads open on the lake I would just maintain a plowed path from my fish house to the road. That would be nice and would be worth throwin $10 in every weekend with these snow amounts. Anyway as of right now I am planning on pulling it. If one can think of a system to make it worthwhile for a plow driver to keep it open we should try to implement it. It would be nice to get out more than 3 weekends this year.

Are there any sportsman clubs in the area that might be interested in doing so? It would be nice even to just have the access' maintained well enough to get on the lake!

I just talked to Gary at Kens Tackle. They need more donations to keep the plows running. I asked him what a good donation would be and he said $20 donations would really be appreaciated but anything helps. We all like to use the roads so lets all chip in and keep em plowed. He just paid like $250 to take care of the greystone access. One can see that its not cheap, if we all chip in, and visit his shop it would really help out. He said the tip jar for the plowing has been pretty dry. He said as long as he can et enough tip money the roads should stay open for the season. If not we will be on our own. Like he said he cant afford to keep paying out of his pocket to keep em running. So please if you want to keep fishing and using the plowed roads chip in.

Has anyone used those skis for wheel houses? Could you pull a house with a sled with these on the house if it wasnt too big?

Just went by westside access at noon today, there was 2 plows moving snow and they have it levelled out on beach.

but tonight at 7pm 2 trucks were stuck there, so I dont know if the water came through, or what the heck. it looked like a mess. anyone stop and find out? (i had a lady with me)

Yes, Goto Kens, buy minnows, pop, candy and $5-10 every time and we can keep them open.

No its not, the 2 gas stations are. There is the corner store which is closed and for sale and the other blue store that wants you to spend a minimum of $20 to use you debit card thats for sale. Kens is not for sale. With that said lets make sure his plow jar has plenty of green to cover the removal of snow. We still got a good amount of ice time left lets keep it accesible.

I stopped in there today and added some to the tip jar. Gary is a great resource for OT and anything we can do to help him and the other snow plowers only helps us. Even if you don't get your bait from him, make it a point to stop and donate if you used the roads. Remember, no one is making any money doing this. If they are lucky, they might actually break even with gas and repairs. If you don't make it to Ken's and you see someone plowing the road you just used, flag them down and give them a $20

If you are wondering how much you should put in the tip jar my advice is to go with $10 per day per vehicle. That's at least what it would cost to use resort roads on Mille Lacs. If you can afford more, give more. Again, if we help him and the plowers they help us.

Was out today, got stuck pretty good once. If you stay on the plowed roads though you will be ok. Took the snow blower and snow blowed a path from the road to my house. It actually did pretty good. I also saw a guy on a lwan tractor with a snow blower on it. Looked like he did pretty dang good moving snow and getting around. Hopefully we dont get anymore snow though.

For the first time in a long time, I'm almost glad I haven't made it out ice fishing yet this season.......almost wink

Just heard about a fish house that flooded some and froze in, and the guy made a mistake when he saw it was flooded and drilled out one of his holes...then he had a gusher inside his house. Too bad, what a mess. Oh the joy of ice fishing some days!

Yeah...pulled my house last Thursday before the big wind. Hired a friend to plow out to my house with his Boss V-Plow. Am glad it's off, but then again sure miss being out there. Fishing was slow for me, so didn't hurt quite as bad to pull it. I have a side by side, and am gonna get serious about buying tracks and also getting a set of skis for my house. I have to build a garage first, as the tracks add 4-5 inches of height to the machine, and won't fit through a 7' door. If it's not one thing, it's another.