• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thill Nite Brite Bobbers

Question

I like the bobber but have nad much trouble with the battery/lite. They have failed after very little use. Has anyone else had a chance to use these and what do you think?

~<>D

5 answers to this question

Ive never had much luck with anything that requires batteries. I started using the small caylume light sticks a couple years ago. They do get a little spendy, but they do work well and can be adapted to just about any type of float.

Rob

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've had the same problem. The light fails. Then it works again. I've also had trouble with getting the line to feed through smoothly. It wants to hang up. I've had my best luck with the old fuji lighted floats(stopped making them 5 or 6 years ago). I've had excellent luck last two years with national floats(Made in Japan). You can order them through http://www.tsuribaka.com/jp/fishing/. It's a bit of a pain as you have to send a japanese postal money order in the mail(don't take credit cards). I think my friends and I have ordered about 50 of them between us(we use them a lot and go in on orders together)and they're good on batteries. They arrive in about 2 weeks. The larger ones run $9.00(one I use). Check out the site. If it comes up Japanese just click an icon and you'll get english. I've had nothing but trouble with the Blue Fox Fire Fly(leaks like a seive). As far I as am concerned the Fire Flies are disposable. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Borch (edited 09-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Borch (edited 09-28-2000).]

I have had the same problems with thills nite floats. The first time I use it the batterty broke and wouldn't light. The holes that hold the battery in place are also too small. Thill should be ashamed that they put out such a shoddy product.

hey guys' if you have a problem with the thill floats; type in thill floats or lindylittlejoe. they have a feed back section. we as consumers should let the companies know about the product . good or bad. that is the only way they can make them better. del

After I had posted here I sent an e-mail to Lindy Little Joe. I explained my problem and promptly got a response from them. They did recognize a problem with a batch of battery/lites and asked me to provide a mailing address. I received replacements from them and found the different style to work good.
~<>D