• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HELP --Bug's Suck!!, and BITE!

Question

Who makes the best bug suit's? Man the skeeter's and green winged deer fly's are nasty!! There is the meanest bread of fly living in the woods near Christine Dam on the Red. They are slow as lard but take out chunks when they get you! They are fearless to any spray or lotion I have tried, even 100 Deet! Remington used to make a good bug suit but don't see it anywhere? Head net's won't cut it these guys go through flannel shirts and denim like nothing. Any tip's?

"Backwater Eddy"

6 answers to this question

Havent had a chance to use one personally. I will ask the guys that used them Bear hunting last year, see what they have to say and get back to you tomorrow.

Rob

Backwater

Everyone that I talked to about the Shannon suit really liked them for bug protection. But like most things they do have a couple of drawbacks. The Shannon suit is two layer system, an inner mesh and a nylon net over the top. The mesh in the outer layer is fairly tightly woven so it does not let a great deal of air to move so it does get fairly warm. And the head cover is hard to see thru, so most of the users opted to use a different type of head net. But everone was happy with the overall protection it provided over the standard bug suit.

Rob

Shannon bug suit, 2 thumb's up!

Great product!! I highly recommend them! The visibility issue is not bad with a pair of vented sun glass's or clear work eye protectors. The two layer system is so effective you can just wear cut offs under the suit when it is very hot. The bug's can't reach you!

Thanks Rob!!

Backwater Guiding Service
#310 SE College Complex
Wahpeton ND 58075
1-701-671-3079
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/home.html