• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Pepin Fishing Reports & Conditions

I haven't been there yet this year but I can almost guarantee the ramp isn't open and there is probably all kinds of debris floating in the river.

As of last Friday the entire lake that is in Goodhue county is a no wake area.......basically from city park point up to 3 miles north of the redwing dam...........debris in the water is plentiful and the ramp at Raschen park on the south side of town is closed, hoksila was open yet Sunday at noon but pretty close to being under water........with that said the fishing for me has been good ..........just have to change your locations to match the very high waters.................knucky

The water levels have dropped a lot in the last week. Is the water still muddy or has the water clarity somewhat returned to normal? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Fished the top end of the lake Saturday from 6-12. Fishing wasn't great, but was still decent. Boated around 15 walleyes/saugers (mostly walleyes actually) between the two of us, and also caught catfish, sheephead, and stripers. Tried dragging bait, did okay with that but mostly smaller fish, then started trolling cranks and caught some nicer walleyes, biggest around 20"

Your efforts don't sound too bad to me. Was the river down and I am assuming it was???

Mike

Thanks, ya it was a pretty good day! As to the water levels, this was my first time out on the river since last spring, but judging by the marks on the trees, the water is down 3-4 feet since its highest. My buddy, whose boat we were in and who fishes the river all the time, said he thinks it will still come down another 2 feet or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Fished the river today and it was a beautiful day to be out. Fishing was fishing. Did the minnow, soft artificial and crank bait thing and caught smallmouth bass on soft baits. Nothing on cranks and I trolled a lot of water. I fished several weeks ago during an algae bloom and it is still blooming. Drum were hitting early and everything pretty much shut down after 1:00 p.m.. The water temp. was 78 degrees and I am thinking it may be several weeks before the crappies start hitting like I have seen them go before. Cooler weather is needed in my opinion.

I put in at the marina and stopped at Roschen (sp) park mid-day to let the wife and dog stretch their legs. Boat landings are a hoot!!! It is unbelievable what you see when people are launching or retrieving their boats. I am thinking that a 6 pack and a bag of chips are just as much fun as it gets sometimes!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How are ice/water conditions around the Wabasha area. Backwater areas open yet for boats?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Thinking about coming down on Thursday and trolling around for the day. Are there any fish biting now? Any info on depth/baits/colors would be much appreciated! 

Went out yesterday afternoon. Got 15, 17, 23, and 24.5" walleyes, a small sauger and a sheep. 9-11 feet with shad raps. Water was pretty muddy. Didn't sound like it was real fast and furious for anyone else I talked to either 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 years later...

Anyone been fishing here this summer? Just wondering how it has been going. I’m planning on coming down there a bunch this year. 

• I Like it 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The walleyes are biting in 10' to 14' just south of lake Pepin. Gills are starting to show up on wingdams that poke out of backwater areas and crappies are shallow in slackwater.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any recent reports? Thinking about coming tomorrow. Not much luck down there this summer for me so far, but a couple big fish have made the trips worth it.