• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Think the river will flood this spring?

What are your predictions for water levels this spring? After plowing snow for 20 something hours this past storm I got to thinking hopefully we get some warm weather and no more snow for a while. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of this year.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pureinsanity

• Scott K

• DTro

• CarpinMNRiver

well if this winter is anything like last spring ,summer and fall we could be in for a really high water level next season

Finishing the fall off with higher water levels, add to it a massive amount of snow, and hopefully...Hopefully we have a slow thaw in the spring. Any heat waves and we will be in for some high waters once again!

Like said above...Once a year is enough missed catt'n time!!

The river floods every spring. This one will be just like the other ones. According the the amount of snow the farmers almanac is claiming we will get you can expect to see high waters in spring.

With all this snow,the ditches are still running so the impact may be less than what people think PROVIDED we have a slow thaw and not a drastic jump in temps next spring. River is already up 4-5 feet since first ice. Bad for ice fishing, good for next spring

Lots of trout and morels to play with until the river goes down....if it does.

You guys might have to check with Dark's free guide service this spring and go catch some bait..uh, I mean trout grin

Was down in southern MN and they got quite a bit of snow down there. Let's all hope for a slow melt.

only time will tell grin if the snow keeps pileing up and we have a fast melt off this spring with any rain in the forcast we will be in for a few river suprises I think. the ground is so saturated with water that its all going to go right into the river until it goes over the banks.

The question is now will it make it out of the banks before it gets cold again? It had been raining pretty hard on and off here all day

Rumor has it this flood is going to wipe out henderson!

Well the last one wasnt to for away. The dike walls were less then a couple feet away from their max expected load.

The river is still high for this time of year. So it wont take much to make it go out of its banks now. Although, I dont think it will happen from this rain fall. But it will make it rise, and keep the river high for the spring thaw. I am not worried yet. There is plenty of winter left, and this could be just what the river needed, to thaw some of the snow now, and get rid of it before spring.

I wont be sand bagging my house anytime soon!

Ya I think this rain helped out a lot with reducing the amount of snow cover which is going to be important since we are bound to get hammered several more times before thaw time.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate the road closings from the floods. It shouldn't take an extra hour to cross over. I hope for a slow, slow thaw.