• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jeff Foiles in trouble

any of you guys see the trouble Jeff Foiles is in, he was indicted by a federal grand jury in Springfield on 23 counts connected to alleged illegal waterfowl hunts. Things arent looking good for him.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Muthagoose

• perch_destroyer

• fishkid

• EJ_Mac

Sooner or later it was going to catch up with him. you guys here that he would go to a park with a highpowered air rifle and shoot the banded geese he called it parking. from that to mr four shot foiles...gotta love karma

Piece of ( Bad word choice). I had heard some stories about him hunting and leaving geese lay. Then the pickup break in during the game fair. I figured that to be an inside job.

he got what he needed. imo everytime i've met him at the shows hes all cocky like hes so cool. i bet he feels pretty cool now

This is certainly potentially relevant to all of us. Given the violations are related to the Lacy Act (covers migratory birds) he is eligible for decades of jail time and millions in monetary punishment. First, I'll say the allegations against him are in a different ball court since he profitted from the actions in the form of CD/DVD sales, clothing, guide services, clothing sponsorship etc.

But I find it a little troubling that a single violation has a person eligible for punishments near what a convicted rapist could see. The reason being waterfowl are federally managed. Should killing a single duck or goose over the limit (intentionally or accidentally) justify a punishment similar to what someone would get for raping a human being seem right?

Like I said, Foiles allegedly took it to another level: shooting 'park' geese with a pellet gun, recording birds taken falsely, directing people to shoot well beyond their daily limit etc.

Likely the most unfortunate part of this is it gives our sport a black eye and gives the antis have another good chunk of ammo.

Sooner or later it was going to catch up with him. you guys here that he would go to a park with a highpowered air rifle and shoot the banded geese he called it parking. from that to mr four shot foiles...gotta love karma

i didnt feel sorry in the begining. he thinks way to highly of him self...i am wainting for all of his amazing prostafers to com e on and defend their god of waterfowling

What a beep beep beep beep. always has been

You must not have ever talked to the guy. I am very disappointed that the greed got to him and he felt like he needed to break the law (allegedly) But he was always willing to talk to a guy and every year he donated numerous items for my chapters DU banquet. Remember you are always innocent until proven guilty. But I have to admit, it doesn't look good for him.

I'm kind of surprised it took this long for the law to catch up with him. I used to hunt with one of the guys that blew a goose call on some of his early videos. He told stories about hunts with Jeff that were far from ethical.

This is obviously a case of an individual getting so big he thinks the rules don't apply to him. This is a guy who had the opportunity to make a living hunting. I can't imagine what's going through his head right now, because that lifestyle is over. I wouldn't think cabelas or any other retailer will carry his calls after this. Talk about some bad decision making.

I hope he gets all that is coming to him. He more than likely will not get the maximum punishment, but justice needs to be served. I hope stuff like this doesn't occur with any other professional waterfowl hunters just to make their hunts look better for our enjoyment.

Its a sad thing that a guy like this have to resort to stuff like this. Its bad enough when the bad guys are average Joes but when its guys like Jeff that have put a name and a product out its even worse and it will really put a bad taste in the mouths of the puplic..

This guy is a class act.

I was able to see him at the gamefair about 6 years ago. He was a contestant in the goose calling competition..After not making the 1st cut, he walked over to the tent and pretty much told all the judges what he though of them. He totally lost it. He gives us all a bad name imo.

Throw the book at him.

I have a few of his calls (really like them) and have spoken to him at Game Fair seamed like a decent guy (deffinatly cocky). But if the charges are true, I will never buy another one of his products!

I hope he gets all that is coming to him. He more than likely will not get the maximum punishment, but justice needs to be served. I hope stuff like this doesn't occur with any other professional waterfowl hunters just to make their hunts look better for our enjoyment.

Hang around people in the "industry" and you'd be amazed at the stories you hear about guides, outfitters, clubs, "professional hunters", videos, etc. Foiles got caught (allegedly), but he won't be the last. Hopefully this case will make others out there take a look in the mirror and decide that the path they follow needs to change to a "higher road."

But I find it a little troubling that a single violation has a person eligible for punishments near what a convicted rapist could see. The reason being waterfowl are federally managed. Should killing a single duck or goose over the limit (intentionally or accidentally) justify a punishment similar to what someone would get for raping a human being seem right?.

You're absolutely right. I think it's horrible they get the same punishment. To make it fair, I say they up the punishment for rape or sexual assault to castration and/or death. Then Foiles' punishment will seem much less.

I have a few of his calls (really like them) and have spoken to him at Game Fair seamed like a decent guy (deffinatly cocky). But if the charges are true, I will never buy another one of his products!

I think if the feds are going to put the charges out on a case like this you don't have to worry about them being true. I would guess it's now more of a plea agreement.

anyone interested in catching the full indictment can do a google search for "jeff foiles indictment pdf" and you'll come across multiple sources of it.

Just caught this on their site today, nothing earth shattering here but I was wondering when they'd come out with any type of statement:

Quote:
Jeff Foiles an American Sportsman, respects the law relating to regulations of wildlife and hunting, and now faces an indictment (charges) accusing him of acting in violation of that respect.

Jeff appreciates the patience and understanding of friends, sponsers and supporters.

Because a court case is pending, His attorneys advise that He cannot comment on the indictment.

Jeff, FMI, and Fallin Skies Duck Club would like to wish all of You a very Happy Holiday Season!!

Thanks again and please PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!!

Jeff Foiles

Good Huntin!

I don't know him from Adam, I just remember he did respond to people pointing out that he did get 4 shots off on videos, and he told everyone that he held that fourth shell in his hand near the action to get that fourth shot...to me, that's circumventing the spirit of the federal plugged gun laws that limit everyone to 3 shots, plugged or not. That disappointed me, but I wouldn't wish for anyone to lose all their gear like what happened to him at Game Fair.

Things aren't looking good for him, and at the same time, I know it can happen. A former classmate of mine plea bargained out of some federal charges in North Dakota (see below).

Seven guides have made plea agreements

By RICHARD HINTON

Bismarck Tribune

Seven guides who worked at Sheyenne Valley Lodge have made plea deals that involve probation, loss of hunting privileges and fines totaling almost $10,000 in a federal case against the Sheridan County lodge, documents show.

Kyle M. Davis faced one count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds, and another count of custody of birds of another, according to court documents. At sentencing, the government will recommend that Davis be given 12 months probation and loss of hunting, guiding and outfitting privileges, a $1,000 fine for the first count and a $250 fine for the second count. The agreement also calls for Davis to pay a $325 fine to the North Dakota Game and Fish Department for a wanton waste of migratory game bird violation and to plead guilty to that state violation.

Guide Carl Cree faced one count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds and a second count of unlawful take of migratory game birds, court documents said. At Cree's sentencing, the government will recommend 18 months probation and loss of hunting, guiding and firearms privileges, a $1,000 fine for the first count and a $750 fine for the second count.

Troy D. Regstad faced one count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds, and a second count of custody of birds of another, court records show. The government will recommend 12 months probation and loss of hunting, guiding and outfitting privileges, a $1,000 fine for the first count and a $250 fine for the second count. Regstad also will pay a $450 fine to the NDGFD for a deer poaching violation and to plead guilty to that state violation at sentencing.

Evan Sieling also faced a count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds and a second count of unlawful possession of untagged migratory game birds, the documents said. According to the agreement, the government will recommend 18 months probation and loss of hunting, guiding and firearms privileges, a $1,000 fine for the first count and a $250 fine for the second count.

Jason R. Grahn faced a count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds and a count of unlawful possession of untagged migratory game birds. The government will recommend 18 months of probation with loss of hunting, firearms and guiding privileges, a $1,000 fine for the first count and a $250 fine for count two. Grahn also will agree to pay a $450 fine to the NDGFD for a state deer poaching violation and plead guilty to that violation.

Adam Herberlie also faced a count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds and a second count of custody of birds of another, the documents showed. At sentencing, the government will recommend six months of probation with loss of hunting, guiding and outfitting privileges, a $500 fine for the count one and a $250 fine for the second count.

Guide Andy Uhlich faced a count of unlawful sale and transportation of migratory game birds, and a second count of custody of birds of another, court documents showed. According to his signed plea agreement, the government will recommend that Uhlich will be given 12 months probation and lose hunting, guiding and outfitting privileges, pay a $1,000 fine for the first count and a $250 fine on the second count. He also will pay a $325 to NDGFD for a wanton waste of migratory game birds violation and plead guilty to that state violation. Uhlich made an initial court appearance Monday in Minot. Appearance dates for the other six guides are pending.

These things happen. You make a living doing it, get the disease of more, and think you're untouchable. It starts off by breaking a rule here or there, then it gets worse.

This is a perfect segueway into what you see on hunting and fishing videos is 99% of the time absolute Bee-Ess! I watch those videos sometimes to get psyched up for hunting or fishing opener, or if the shows are teaching type shows, to learn and remember things, but for the most part, they are bogus hunts...baited hunts, enclosed hunts, private hunts, pen raised animals, fish brought along in tanks for the purposes of filming, rehooked fish. I like to tell people that when you watch those things its like your kids watching fairy tales...it ain't real. I will leave it at that and try not to take this thread off track.

The prosecutors and the judge in this case are weak-kneed, pablum puking sissies. Those penalties aren't punishment-they're a joke. Until law enforcement people and JUDGES, at ALL judicial levels begin to take game law violations seriously the blatant scofflaws will continue to run amok.

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned flogging?!!

As for that other dude, he deserves everything he gets.

Sorry boys, no mercy from here.