• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookset 31

• Corey20

• Derek Vos

• MAdDuckiceroads

ya went out fishin by him tonight we had the wheelers out there with 4-6 inches. Bite was slow for me but he and the boy hooked a few

Any updates on The Keg? Stuck in the "Twidies" and just living vicariously through these posts. 1.5 weeks and I'll be there to punch some holes in the lake (assuming quality ice).

I would figure things are shaping up nicely with this cold. Not quite as cold as forecasted, but the cloud cover seems to be keeping the temps up.

Stick- If we don't get much snow things should be in fair shape by the time you get up here. goin out today to check more locations on keg - will post later.

Was out this morning about 3/4 the way down wendigo arm. 5 inches of ice where we were with a couple of fish to clean. Snowing this morning with some wind- hope its enough wind to take the snow off the lake and keep makin ice. seen a couple dark houses along the shoreline break.

Thanks for the report hookset. Pokey's a great fishery. Really don't know why I don't fish it more than I do?

We will be setting out darkhouse up fri. Lake should make some good ice this weekend with temps being close to -10 sat and sun high close to 0. There was a fair number of guys out last weekend down by tioga.

Hookset have u ventured out by sheer's bar or drumbeater checking ice yet? I'm movin the house tomorrow, got skunked 2 days in a row. Plus I have an unwelcome, too freindly neighbor, with a portable who thinks all the fish in the lake are hiding right under my house.

Vos - haven't been out that far yet - no need to yet. Give me a call and we will chat or i can tell you lies for awhile. Yesterdays snow made some slush in some spots. Found a little open crack this morning 6-8 in. wide. Causes a little panic to an old guy. Be careful out there!

Boatfixer

Haha well, I don't go out looking for lake pigs, but I won't be afraid to tell someone to have some respect either.

Hookset

I pulled my house out between nesbit and drumbeater today. There is not near as much ice out there. I would say about 4-5 inches. Going fishin early and I am exited!

Was out spearing on sat and where I was set up there was only 4-5" of ice but it was good clear ice. I have my permanant house out but thought we would try another spot about 200yds away, we got set up by 830 and by 1130 we had seen 5 northerns and some jumbo perch. Speared 4 2-3lbs, 1-5lbs and 1-8.5lbs. So it wasnt to bad of a morning.

Buddys are on the other end of the lake and a guy next to them got a 10lb eye and they managed to get a few in the 3lb range. Plan on spending alot more time in the house this weekend.

Is there much for snow on the ice? Just wondering how insulated the lake is from the nice cold temps right now.

There was very little snow on the lake. Probably some decent snow on parts of the shorelines but where I was set up thas only a couple inches. I wouldnt doubt if there is 8" of ice out where I was at by this sat.

Haven't been over by mishawaka for some time but i haven't seen 8 inches of ice yet anyplace i've been. About 6 1/2 inches so far but not much snow and cold temps has had the ice bangin like crazy- felt like a couple of waves this mornin when it popped. Did anybody see this sunrise this AM that looked like 3 suns?

hookset- I never found 8" I was saying with the little snow cover I wouldnt doubt if there is 8" by the weekend

Cory - I was thinkin that the areas that froze up around thanksgiving probably have all of 8 inches cause there was almost 6 inches acouple weeks ago- Just thought you might be in one of those areas.

Corey- it will take one big chisel to poke thru now.5 inches 2 days ago - 8 inches today and still below 0 temps - gotta love it. Disclaimer; I only now ice depth in my fish house. Be careul out there!

What is the maximum and minimum ice thickness being seen now on Pokegama? Just curious if things are pretty well ready all over (as "ready" as ice can be as you always have to exercise caution).

I sawed through 11" just E of LaPlant landing this morning. 8" just E of Nesbitt. had 2 pig walleyes swim through the hole.

From what i have seen and heard of talkin to folks - 8 inches to 14 inches. Ive been on 8 to 10 inches everywhere i've punched holes on the west side.

saw a Toyota Tundra in the middle of the lake (in between Seagren's and King's Point) tonight on my way back through the bridge. So I guess we're pretty close....