• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ICE YET

Well, here are the latest skinny on Ice for what I have heard.

Ringo 6", solomon 6", diamond 4", kandi 4", footlake 4", eagle ?, lake lillian ?, elizabeth 4", green ?, ella 4", etc....etc.

Don't know what this snow is doing to Ice on the lakes, sounds like 3 to 8" of more snow tomorrow, hopefully it's still making Ice even if only little at a time. Seen few portables on lakes. May be venturing out for little bit, let you know if catch any monsters smile. Be careful out there and have fun.

J.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J'sBait&Sport

• pushbutton

• LEECH21

• slurpie

thanks jay...was reading the annandale/buffalo thread...and looks like jim went through, at least it was only 3 ft.....

Thanks for the updates on ice conditions. I'll need to stop in when I'm in Willmar sometime.

PUSHBOTTON, Is that Jim Ryke........He must be venturing out after getting fat from the turkey dinner.......Hope he's ok.......

Jim you OK!!??

J.

Someone told me a few perms on Nest also?? I havent been by to confirm that though. J, you going to donate to my Polar Plunge again this yr ? Or perhaps JUMP with my team!

Unless there is a hotwater faucet with it I don't jump in the cold plunge....:), you can have all the fun of the polar plunge......hee....hee. I'll be just nice and donate to your cause.

J.

Was out on a local lake near Atwater. There was a solid 10" of ice there on Sunday. We managed to catch a few but were finicky. Managed to take home 14 between two guys. Plan on bringing out the permanent this weekend or next weekend.

Pushbutton, that Kinda does resemble J !! lol.. don't you think if he doesn't donate he should jump this year?? That's my thought .lol

Ice is not safe yet. On Elizabeth it varies from 5" to 1'. Diamond has close to eight everywhere i have drilled. Went to green and the stationaries by the campground are sitting on 4" maybe 5" people are nuts. I went past the stationaries to smooth ice and there was less than 3" of ice.

Ha no guys these were a mixture of sunfish and crappies. Hardly ever see walleyes on this lake. Is anyone planning on going out tomorrow after this snow is done?

Ice is not safe yet. On Elizabeth it varies from 5" to 1'. Diamond has close to eight everywhere i have drilled. Went to green and the stationaries by the campground are sitting on 4" maybe 5" people are nuts. I went past the stationaries to smooth ice and there was less than 3" of ice.

thanks for reiterating this.... crazy year so far.....the ice on a lot of the large lakes and main basins on some of the smaller lakes is not forming as fast as what you would think....trying to be patient and think i am going to shoot for next weekend after the mini ice age we are going to get the next few days. how much snow did the area get?

Well anyone been by the lakes yet? How much snow on the lakes in the area? Hopefully most of it blew off so we can get around out there!

I was out on foot lake wednesday and thursday nights, had 10-13 inches of ice, drove out my small truck both nights, was probly 4-6 inches of snow on top with about a half inch of water under the snow. Will surely be more snow now but alot of it probly is on shore, with this cold I expect to see 15" + of ice next time out. The lake is just filled with fingerling walleyes tho, dont seem to matter where ya go, theyre there. Not much luck on finding anything worth keeping, a few crappies maybe but slow. I WOULDNT ADVISE JUST DRIVING ANYWHERE ON ANY LAKES YOU HAVE TO DRILL HOLES AS YOU GO IF YOU DO!

Has anybody been on Green lately? I would like to try it out after work on Wednesday, planning on walking out, just curious how much ice there is and how sloppy it is. Thanks.

just made a call and the report is not that good..... the ice is pretty brutal on green. north side is the worst with not much consistency. 3 to 6 inches in one spot and 20 ft away the chisel is breaking through in one jab. south side is a little better, but still sketchy. he thinks it will be at least till after the new year till driving out.