• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TR21HP

zebra muscles

TR21HP

We took out 2 docks and boat lifts this weekend and all 4 were covered with zebra muscles. This was on 2 separate parcels in Isle Bay. Judging by just these 2 incidents I would say it is more widespread than people think, or maybe I was tinking they were just isolated reports. Anybody else see this in taking docks out this fall?

TRZ II

They are everywhere now on the pond.....

Paul Waldowski

We pulled ours out this a.m. and experienced the same thing.

MN Musky

My Dock/ Lift was covered on the north end by the wealthwood access. First time in 6 years.

flyfisher03

I would let the DNR know about them and if you kept any I'd bring them along also.

Big Buck Buster

If you keep any zebra mussels, DNR wants you to put them in a container with rubbing alcohol in it before you send them in. DO NOT get caught transporting them anywhere without the DNR knowing about it first.

gizmoguy

DNR knows they are in the lake. Old news. I think they know what they look like. If it makes you feel better, call them.

John Mickish

Yes, the DNR know they are in the lake and they know what they look like, but they also want to know the extent of the infestation. Since nobody wants to pay increased fees so they (the DNR) can go out and do the work themselves, our help goes a long way in keeping cost down. Let the DNR know what you guys have found.

TR21HP

We called them that afternoon and they came out and took a look, took some photos and samples.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mrpike1973
      Great picture, to me that says it all what life is about
    • Rick
      Nice...it's all about being out there in the glory of nature!
    • Kettle
      Although no children of my own, I am incredibly thankful for my two nephews! They are my best pals and both like fishing, actually they like casting and playing with the worms. All part of the experience. I'm thankful for support from my mother and sister and to have friends that take me fishing. The last two years have been long days at the libraries and the hospital for graduate school so this forum has been nice to visit, read the reports, the stories and see pictures, essentially I've lived vicariously through many of you and I am grateful for that
    • eyeguy 54
      Mice the goldies are starting to color up again. They ate well here this winter. Cranes sound so cool!
    • Rick G
      As I get older I find my appreciation and respect for time over material has grown tremendously. I appreciate long sunny days fishing with good friends. I appreciate my family, not nearly as m a's ny as there once was... but I love who's left❤  I appreciate my health, have been very healthy up untill this last yr😊 Hopefully I still have a few good yrs left😏  I appreciate my friends, some of them have been putting up with me since I was pretty young...lol   Very fortunate to have some close buddies. I appreciate HSO/FM...and all the great people I have met and or shared time on the water with because of this site😊  
    • jigginjim
      Been many years since I had done the smelt netting, I was 15 at that time with the boy scouts of New London, mn.  Saw a program of guys doing it through the ice,  now that ice conditions are getting iffy, now I'm getting the bug to hit the lakes.  The Ice went out today on Buffalo lake, the water is going up, the crow river is backing up into the lakes.   Has anybody tired smelt fishing grindstone lake?  Looking for other lakes that may have those tasty little fish.  
    • Rick G
      Bert... chill out dude. Too much doom and gloom on tv, no need to bring that here too, man.... We can all hope and pray for the best😏😊
    • Borch
      Finally did a quick walk of my main hunting property yesterday evening.  Plenty of turkey sign even though I didnt see or hear any turkeys. Looking good. 
    • PeachyHans
      The red-wing blackbirds and robin's are back at my feeders with the dark eyed juncos hopping around. Lots of yellow finches this year! Plus I could have sworn I heard a sandhill crane the other day while hiking. 
    • leech~~
      Yeah, you might want to fix your post or you're eye sight! 🤭

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.