• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

chicksdigme

My parents are looking at property on Third Silver Lake, I was looking for lake info on the DNR lakefinder but it was scarce. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this lake (Depth, fish species?). They were told that it is stocked with Walleyes by the lake association, but I am a bit skeptical. Thanks

Brian

Gissert

Nice looking lake, but I would think it would be prone to freeze out. If there are some springs, that might negate the freeze out factor. I dont think it is very deep. There are no parking signs along Hwy 83, and I have seen people fish there and launch boats before - but the rip rap that has been put in has reduced that to nil. There is no public access.

I have heard of talk of stocking, but dont have any confirmation of that. I know Second Silver used to be a brood pond for walleye fry, and the fishing there was quite good several years ago, so that would lead me to think that Third might have good potential.

All in all, I think it would be a nice lake to own property on, in a great area. You can be on West Battle and Ottertail in minutes.

chicksdigme

Thanks for the reply, I think they are going through with it. They really like the area.

gerarddad
On 10/26/2010 at 3:55 PM, chicksdigme said:

Thanks for the reply, I think they are going through with it. They really like the area.

Hi, we are looking to buy land on the 3rd Silver Lake. Did your parents buy land on this lake? If so any information you can provide would be helpful. 

Thanks

Chill62

Gerarddad where is 3rd Silver Lake?  I see the post you are replying to is over 8 years old and the person you replied to has only has 22 posts total and hasn't been online in a long time.  Maybe someone else can help you out for the information you are looking for.