• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

Wild looked alright yesterday. Any word on Clutterbucks status? Our guys are dropping like flies between the suspensions and injuries.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• spearchucker

• Bear55

• 10,000 Casts

Didn't sound too good for CC. Back issues was the latest.

I guess the flu was going around the TB bench lately. Just wait for that to hit us now. We'll be flying the whole Houston team in.

Good to get the win last night, the ducks really poured it on in the 3rd. Why doesn't Miettinnen use that shoulder move more often! wink

Where has Koivu been that last couple of games? He hasn't been his dominating self.

That was the worst 3rd period in Wild history. I agree, Koivu needs to step it up. When everone was playing like carp he would take the team on his shoulders and lead by example. Not lately. He is losing faceoffs and not competing like he normally does.

Last night was my first wild game this year at the X. And man did they look flat, not just the 3rd but all game... Koivu had 2 good chances in the first and blew them both. The Ducks played Dallas the night before so I expected them to be flat but not the Wild and they outshot the Wild 20-1 in the 3rd and Backstrom looked really good. The Havlat/Madden line also looked good and Barker is one of the worst D men in the NHL..

It was fun to watch Scandella make a couple mistaks in OT then make up for it by taking the puck the length of the ice and get the assist. He is a big boy. a little stick handling and skating practice and he might be good.

I was reading about the predicament Fletcher was in with 8 d-men up in the big club and having to decide which one to send down Scandella, Falk, or Stoner. I was hoping for option 4, sitting Barker. That guy needs to watch a game or two from the press box and think about what he needs to do to be effective.

Wild or Fox sport have got to dump Greenlay the mouth.

Never ever shuts up...EVER.....bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.....on an on an on an on an on an on...never ending garbage.....for years only good way to see a game in peace an have fun is to go inperson.

No mouth going on an on three whistles later about what happened five minutes ago.

come on..add some color f ya can right place right time but shut up.

Dan T. can call apretty good game alone..no need the mought...never shuts up.

Big Bore x 100000000

If you don't know who is on each team you will never know who has the puck.

An alwayz calls junk officals see first hand as wrong...come on...go call a peewee game in south carolina....

Big shame on Powers that be for letting him last this long...amaing ...he must get paid in fertos an beer.

AAAHHH!

Sorry..I'm ok now.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Tommy.

Cancer suckz!full-534-3573-t&bwild2.jpg

crazy

Pretty exciting game tonight. The Wild came out buzzin' pretty good the first period and continued until about midway 2nd period. Theodore had a great game. It was good to see Koivu finally get one....he's been slackin' lately and we really needed guys like him, as well as Burns, Havlat and Zid to step it up. A win against the Red Wings is always a good win in my book. wink

or maybe Detroilet

Didn't see the game, really surprised we won.

Ever notice how fans at the Joe are more interested at waving at the camera while it pans across the ice than they are in the game in front of them. I see more people turning around to wave at that place than any other.

Last night was my first wild game this year at the X. And man did they look flat, not just the 3rd but all game... Koivu had 2 good chances in the first and blew them both. The Ducks played Dallas the night before so I expected them to be flat but not the Wild and they outshot the Wild 20-1 in the 3rd and Backstrom looked really good. The Havlat/Madden line also looked good and Barker is one of the worst D men in the NHL..

It was fun to watch Scandella make a couple mistaks in OT then make up for it by taking the puck the length of the ice and get the assist. He is a big boy. a little stick handling and skating practice and he might be good.

I was at that game as well. That is the quietest I have ever seen the X for a game ever. They announced 16,??? for the attendance, but I bet there was closer to 12,000 actually there. How many times did Barker lose the puck at the blue line in that game (3 or 4?). I would take Scandella and Falk or Stoner over him any day. The guy can't skate.

• 2 weeks later...

Not scoring on 6 minutes of practically back to back to back power play time pretty much set our tone for last night. I think Bouchard was the only guy that passed tape to tape last night. Everything else was a bouncing pass into someones skates.

What's with our break out strategy? It seems like we rush 4 guys out of the zone regardless of how much pressure the one guy with the puck has on him. Then all of the sudden we are praying that one guy is able to make a miraculous pass out of the zone. We make it to the red line then lose the puck and start over again.

Mikko!!! Where have you been the last ten games? At least Havlat is still driving the net and creating chances.

Havlat is great lately. Fighting, hitting, shooting, driving the net, and playing great D. Bouchard looked pretty good for a year or more off.

I wonder if there is something wrong with Koivu? He looks terrible the last few weeks.

Yeah those PP's in the first that we didn't convert on was pretty frustrating. Good to see them get a few in the end but as usual, too little too late.

Bouchard looked pretty good last night. Good to see Richards moving him from 4th to 2nd line. He seemed to click decently with Havlat & Brodziak.

• 2 weeks later...

Good game last night. Glad to see us finally pull of a win against the yotes. They sure needed it. Bouchard's been looking pretty good with Havlat.

I saw about the first half of the game. They looked pretty good out there. Certainly makes up for that tough loss at home to Phoenix.

I had really low expections of PMB for the first 10 games or so. I thought it would take him longer to get back into game shape and to knock the rust off. It doesn't appear to be the case so far, so that's a big win for the Wild.

I had really low expections of PMB for the first 10 games or so. I thought it would take him longer to get back into game shape and to knock the rust off. It doesn't appear to be the case so far, so that's a big win for the Wild.

I was thinking the same thing, a nice surprise for sure.

That too many men penalty was a death sentence. Never really came back after it. This team's got no backbone. One bad thing happens and it collapses.

Yeah it's a really tough year to be a Wild fan, yet again. Like you said, this team has no backbone. Nobody is consistent enough to contribute goals. Havlat shows flashes of brilliance but is not very consistent and has not scored many goals for us. We have too many playmakers and grinders and no goal scorers. Koivu has been a huge disappointment and seems to be lacking his leadership role.

Oh well, I will continue to watch because I love hockey.

Oh well, I will continue to watch because I love hockey.

Me too! laugh

HaHa Koivu had a great game last night...lets hope for a few more of them soon!

They need to leave Kobasew on the top line with Koivu. Everytime he plays there he and Koivu have a good game and then they put Mittens back on it. Kobasew scored lastnight and had a hat trick on that line in a previous game.

At least give it more than 1 game.

More good news... Schultz out with a concussion.

Great news... Barker finally a healthy scratch tonight. He sucks. To show what a bad decision it was to get this guy, he is making 3 million sitting in the press box.

They played great tonight, but I really hope people don't have their hopes up for this season. We are all but mathematically eliminated at this point unless something absolutely incredible happened.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the games for what they are.

The best headline I've seen: "Barker scratched in lieu of 3 rookies."

That says it all. How about Havlat as of late? Looking like a million bucks, or 5. We're only what, 5 points back....and behind 6 teams for a playoff spot. Yeah, we're done.

Quote:
The best headline I've seen: "Barker scratched in lieu of 3 rookies."

Amen to that. I wonder if they were trying to trade him or something (don't know who would want him for 3.1M?), but they haven't said a thing about his play until now. He has been terrible since he came here and this is the first time he has been scratched that I can remember.

Hopefully Scandella keeps it up too. He and Spurgeon look like they belong on the team. Barker needs to sit a while, but I don't know if that will happen since they are paying him 3.1M. Scandella had a point last night and Barker had 1 in the last 20 games or something. It was nice to see someone handle the puck at the blueline and not fumble it and lose the zone like Barker was good for.

Havlat has been the best player on the team for the past month. The top line is Brodziak, Havlat, and Butch. Those guy look awesome together. Brodziak is looking great with those 2.