• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Cool Cats Ice Fishing Gathering-Mar 5th-Richmond MN

Borch that is a great post, Thank You!

Harvey, In my email address in my sig I put a space between "cplummer" and "1983", it wont go through unless you remove that space.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• Brad B

• pushbutton

• Gordie

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Icehouse Bob

Gentlemen, I regret I must bring you bad news about my father Bob Pansch, the man you know as Icehouse Bob. On 10 November he was cutting a tree when it snapped funny and caught him in the side of the head. It crushed a number of his facial bones, fractured his left femur and gave him a spinal contusion. To cut a long story short he has been in the hospital since then, his face and leg have been pinned and healing fine his spine however is not. The doctors think he will never walk again and that at best may be able to use his arms enough to control a power chair. He is finally breathing on his own though is still taking his food from a tube through his stomach. He has recovered from pneumonia and has had a fever more often than not (they can’t seem to pin down what is causing it). He is able to talk again though his mind is not all there. Very little of what he says has any basis in reality. We are currently hoping that it is dementia due to him being in bed and disoriented for so long and not some sort of brain damage. We eventually hope to get him home but he will have get over his reoccurring fever, hopefully enough physical therapy to use a power chair, and a little remodeling of the house better accommodate his needs.

Well, that is pretty much it. I know how much he liked this group, both online and at the Cool Cats event so I wanted to let you guys know. Sorry I didn’t let you know sooner but there were other things to deal with. If there are any changes to his condition I will try to let you all know. Otherwise my email is blacksmithingyeti at gmail dot com (making the obvious changes/substitution to make it a legit address) if you need anything.

Respectfully,

Martin Pansch

What horrible news Martin. frown My heart just sank a bit. I had a bad feeling when I noticed that Bob hadn't been posting here at all and making plans to bring his kitchen out.

Please let him know we are thinking of him and I know he will be in all our thoughts during Cool Cats.

His presence was a highlight of the event and will be missed.

Best wishes to him and your family.

I personally do not know Bob, but I've been hearing lots of talk about him and this event. This is bad new to have happen to anyone or their loved ones. I will be thinking of you and your family!

I have to admitt, when I heard this and told my wife, tears came to my eye. I've know Bob as long as I have been a member on this site. He's a great guy and I always look forward to seeing him and his famous beans! wink

I'm praying for your recovery Bob.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks for the information Martin. I just feel horrible for Bob and his family.

I've had an uneasy feeling and had concerns that something may have happen to our friend Bob due to his long inactivity here but hoped that I was wrong. We usually are together planning for Cool Cats by this time and I wasn't able to get in contact with him.

Let me know if there is anything I can do other than keeping Bob and his loved ones in my prayers.

Bob is in our prayers. Hopefully he will shake off the fever and return to normal mentally. Sure would be nice to at least see him able to hold a fishing rod. I've seen some amazing things done by Capable Partners.

I am pretty sure catfish palooza is being held on Long lake and is being put on by the city of Richmond. Kind of funny the two events are on the same day.

Yes the timing is a bummer. Hadn't heard a thing about it until last week. I'll be in contact with them this year to see if we can avoid future conflicts if they are going to have it again.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Sorry to hear about Bob hopefully things turn better for him he was always good for a laugh, and what can you say about his beans unbeleivable. My prayers go out to himand his family!

I believe half the fun in these events is the chatting with all who attend.

Then, there is Borch's fish fry that is awesome.

One of the best attended and put together events all year.

When Im wrong Im wrong grin I got my info on last Sun from some locals I was talking with while eating at the resturant. Looks like a nice little contest. I wish you guys the best of luck with it grin. As for me I will be tryin like heck to make it to the Cool Cats event.

Unfortunetly I wont be able to make it to eaither events. Even though Borch's fish fry sounds good, never had catfish before!

Prayers from my family to yours Icehousebob.

We will indeed miss you at this event but you will be in our thought and prayers

I will try and make beans as good as Bobs I know that it will be almost an impossible feat but I will try my hardest for that tradtion to carry on..

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some help.

If someone could bring a couple garbage cans with bags. I will bring a couple tables, a fish fryer, batter and oil.

We will also be doing a short "Cats Through the Ice" seminar starting about 7:15 am for those who would be interested. It will be a hands on seminar focused on getting folks off to a good start lasting 20-30 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

forgot to mention, we iced some cats a few weeks ago on long in order to make some catfish balls for the event. if you have never tried them your missing out. actually i have been missing out too....i have never made them before grin but hard to go wrong with anything breaded, deep fried, and dipped in sauce!!!!

forgot to mention, we iced some cats a few weeks ago on long in order to make some catfish balls for the event. if you have never tried them your missing out. actually i have been missing out too....i have never made them before grin but hard to go wrong with anything breaded, deep fried, and dipped in sauce!!!!

Sounds interesting...love crab cakes and salmon loaf, so cannot wait to try it. Please bring copies of the recipe...and anyone else that has a great dish to pass that we may not have tried before. Much appreciated.

The FishLocker

.Sounds interesting...love crab cakes and salmon loaf, so cannot wait to try it. Please bring copies of the recipe...and anyone else that has a great dish to pass that we may not have tried before. Much appreciated.

The FishLocker

you pretty much got it already, just going to make a cake/loaf and try to roll it into balls.....just more grease and crunch grin

I don't think I'll be able to attend this event but I'm curious about the parking situation, are people planning to drive out to the fishing grounds or is there going to be a shuttle service??

I was out at the meth hole last weekend and it was fine and drivable. hopefully next week it should still be okay. there was 24"+ of ice.

We should be fine with parking on the ice as long was we don't get dumped on again before the event.