• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Twins

broodwich

They NEED speed in a bad way!!! We have learned that Target Field isn't a power park, it is a gap and line type of park. We need some speed to take the extra base and cause some problems on the bases. Another area of concern for me is OUTFIELD DEFENSE.... you always hear how great the Twins are defensively.... in the infield this is true, but in the outfield we are below average at every position.... other than Delmon, it is hard to make an error in the outfield if you never get to a ball.... ideally, in my dream world, they'd sign Crawford, make him the center fielder, play Span in left and a Cuddy/Young platoon in right. Also, with who knows with Morneau, Cuddy is the backup at first or the starting first baseman...... in my dream of dreams our 2011 lineup....

CF- Carl Crawford

2B- Nishioka

C- Mauer

1B- Morneau/Cuddy

RF- Young/Cuddy

DH- Thome/Young/Cuddy/Kubel-only because you gotta put Kubel somewhere

3B- Valencia

SS- Hardy or Casilla

LF- Span

now, since I have to live in the real world....

Span

Nishioka

Mauer

Morneau

Young

Thome

Cuddyer

Valencia

Hardy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• mrklean

• Big Dave2

• Coach1310

I don't think they'll sign Crawford....too much $ with young OF'ers coming up. Revere will probably make the club for back-up/ pinch runner. Kubel had a BAD year, and may be expendable...depending if Thome comes back(I think he will retire). A lot of decisions depend on Morneau's status also. I sure would like to see a GOOD LFer, and use Young for DH. They probably will sign Nishioka for 2nd, Hardy for ss, and Casilla for utility guy. I HOPE the Tolbert experiment is OVER.....

most importantly, will Morneau be able to play? if he is unavailble there

is a huge whole. Starting pitching needs to improve, the twins are fundamental experts, make few mistakes, offense is a little lacking especially at the bottom of the order, defense and fundamentals can over come there short falls but 3 or 4 horses in the rotation are a must

if you a trying to win a world series with this type of team.