• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Twins

broodwich

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• mrklean

• Big Dave2

• Coach1310

I don't think it is about improvements. They needed some better luck with injuries and just a little better luck in general, but all they needed to do is play like they did until 13 games ago. The problem was/is in the Twins' "head".

The Yankees are tough but it would have been nice to at least make it game 4. 12 straight losses.

It's 5-0 7th inning right now and I would love to eat crow.

I can't wait for the twins to win 90+ games next year to face the yankmees in the first round and get swept......AGAIN!! UGH!!! I swear the yankees win or lose at the end of the season to make sure they play the twins in the first round each year!!

it would have been nice to at least make it game 4. 12 straight losses.

What? After last years performance...No! They needed to at least get to the ALCS and play well throughout.

Dan Gladden: "the twins didn't even show up to play!"

The yankees toyed with us!

I for one am not for resting players and all this other [PoorWordUsage]. They treated those guys like babies for the last two weeks, then they went in rusty and got their arses handed to them. They are paid to play 162 games. If the Vikings cant get it done this year I am done with MN sports. I may have to get out my Steelers starter jacket from 7th grade.

They need to bring Thome back, get one BIG name starting pitcher, and actually get Mauer to do something in a big game. The guy can knock the [PoorWordUsage] outta the ball when we are up by five, but he completely choked against NY. He should have been batting 9. He sucks. Were is his "man muscle?"

Fire Gardy

I honestly see some of this as well. Lets be honest- if it were the NHL, NBA or NFL and a guy can't advance, they are usually gone. Why is MLB any different? IF he had worked for Steinbrenner and the same thing had happened, he'd have been gone a long time ago.

Zamboni- as much as I like Gardy....I think you are right. He may need to leave! He might end up as the only "manager of the year" to get fired! And that's pretty fitting considering how his last two seasons ended.

You guys really think Gardenhire is to blame? I don't really see how it is his fault at all...the talent was all there but the PLAYERS just didn't come up big enough. The things that went wrong weren't really ever in Gardy's control.

The ONLY thing that I would have changed is using our starters more after we clinched but that is pretty typical for playoff clinching teams.

I think the Twins had a very good year. They won 94 games and that is not an easy task. They just need to find a way to get it done in the post season. Hopefully next year will be better!

Fire Gardy? Tradtionally, the Twins replace their managers with the current third base coach. Would you rather have Ulger leading this team? Also, I think the Yankees manager, whose name I don't remember how to spell, was fired from Florida and was the manager of the year for them at the time.

I know it seems great to win a bunch of games but it means nothing if you can't compete against the likes of the NYY. Next year we will more then likely beat up on Detroit,Cleveland and Kansas and have this decent record and repeat what we have been doing for how many years now. That is not good enough for me mad

I guess I just get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach watching the NYY yucking it up out in the field and in the dugout and it is because they know they are basically playing a AAA team.

I am not a fair weather fan. I have been watching or listening to the game for years. I still remember our teacher wheeling a TV into our classroom for the world series in 1965. Went to game 2 of the ALDS in 87 went we beat BlackJack Morris.

Great memories but I really think I might be done with baseball until Bud decides to fix it. They need salary caps so that all teams play on a level field. The umps need to be tested on all aspects of the game and if they can't pass send them to the minors. There needs to be repercussions for there lousy play calling and grandstanding.

So much for my rant like anyone gives a rats behind mad

Fire Gardy? Tradtionally, the Twins replace their managers with the current third base coach. Would you rather have Ulger leading this team? Also, I think the Yankees manager, whose name I don't remember how to spell, was fired from Florida and was the manager of the year for them at the time.

I think his name is McKeon, but I don't remember his first name. Their is a HUGE name out there right now in Joe Torre. You guys would really complain if they went after him?

I don't think its Gardy's fault these guys can't find their balls against the Yankees. There are definetely some things I would do differently but I think for the most part he is effective.

Torre? The Twins manager? Hmmm, that is an interesting option!!!! I would not complain about Torre becoming the manager. Scotty Ullger is not the answer!

I love Gardy....but something has to change!

There has to be a way to compete and beat the yankees!

jimalm- I agree, what did winning 90 games get them! We were the first team to clinch and the first booted out!

Players? Who ya gonna get? If there is any great players available the yankees buy'em up. Money and great players is what it is gonna take! We can't compete with the yankee money!

I don't know, Mr. July (Joe Mauer) should be all we need to win championchips. After all, Pennants are won with great catching. Money well spent. At least Gardy will be able to make the SD pheasant opener.

I don't think its Gardy's fault these guys can't find their balls against the Yankees. There are definetely some things I would do differently but I think for the most part he is effective.

no it's not all on gardy. the players need to perform. for that reason, we can't give gardy all the credit for their excellent regular season either. the players had to perform.

if this were one of the biggest market teams, I think he'd be gone. with it being the twins and weak central division banners as their only goal he's here until he retires. I hate to say it but think we as fans need to lower our expectations and be satisfied to have a team that is competitive for a 162 game regular season and nothing more than that.

if this were one of the biggest market teams, I think he'd be gone. with it being the twins and weak central division banners as their only goal he's here until he retires. I hate to say it but think we as fans need to lower our expectations and be satisfied to have a team that is competitive for a 162 game regular season and nothing more than that.

To me, that is unacceptable, and it should be for our players, manager, coaches and upper management. I used to say "well, we won the division." That isn't good enough anymore. The Wolves used to be happy making the playoffs, then they started advancing, then when they couldn't get it done, Flip was gone. We can't even get past the first round of the play-offs, and looking at how the other teams are doing, I don't think it would have mattered which one we played, we would have gotten beat by all 3 of the other teams.

By tomorrow (Monday) all will be forgotten. Sid Hartman will start promoting ticket sales for the Twins 2011 season saying what a strong team they will have with hurt and tired players well rested. That, along with a couple of new prospects that will help them without a doubt go deep into the playoffs. This is the same routine he uses for gopher football. (Next summer look for Sid at the state fair. It's rummored he pitches carnival games on the midway)

Good Luck on Gardy being fired guys.... grin

I expect an off year and no play-offs for the Twins in 2011. Baseball is to difficult of a sport to do what the Twins have done the last 8 or so years.

But more than likely I'm wrong and we'll be in for another great season with the Twins being one of the best teams in the league.

I actually rate the 2010 season my 3rd favorite of All Time behind the 87 & 91 seasons of course.

Go Twins/Gardy!

Good Luck on Gardy being fired guys.... grin

I expect an off year and no play-offs for the Twins in 2011. Baseball is to difficult of a sport to do what the Twins have done the last 8 or so years.

But more than likely I'm wrong and we'll be in for another great season with the Twins being one of the best teams in the league.

I actually rate this 2010 season my 3rd favorite of All Time behind the 87 & 91 seasons of course.

Go Twins/Gardy!

They will need to have an answer for 1B if Morneau's career is over. Maybe put Mauer at first and platoon catcher with Morales/Butera. O-Dog's a free agent, doubt we have anyone in minors that can play 2B so bringing him back or sign a younger free agent. Third base is Valencia's. At DH they could put Kubel/Young there if Thome decides to retire. What's Cuddy's status? Is he under contract? Pithcing is a big issue. Duensing will be in rotation next year, that leaves others for trade bait. Doubt Gardy will be fired. He'll have to retire or really tank a season.

I do think they didn't do the right thing at the end when they rested starters. They lost their edge and it carried over into the playoffs.

No reason to believe the twins won't win the central next year, maybe even easier than this year.