• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey This weekend

scsavre

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Does every Gopher fan have to be a hater. Atleast it gives you something to cheer for since your team haven't done squat in the last few years. grin

Right now its hard to tell if the Gophers may be coming back or just teasing us, for now I will assume its nothing but a tease. I'm still trying to figure out how you get embarrassed by Mich State and then whoop Michigan.

I'm still trying to figure out how you get embarrassed by Mich State and then whoop Michigan.

Maybe they're color blind and can't distinguish between green and gold?

Goaltending is a better answer, but the guy who was a rock was the one who laid an egg.

Gut check time for the Gophers! The Dogs are coming to town and they mean business this year, I just hope it's not a bloodbath.

I've really softened over the years and I will cheer for the Gophers too. With the exception of one or two weekends a year. This is one of them. I'll be at the Saturday game with my wife (she has not softened her stance on the other maroon and gold team). Go Dogs!

Scoring goals has not been an issue for either team this year. Gophers need need some more consistent goaltending. Special team play has been pretty poor. Duluth also needs the goalies to step it up a little and REALLY needs to stop their clock watching late in the 3rd. It's been killer. Luckily they keep rolling in OT, last Friday being the exception.

Duluth v UMtc = sweep for Dogs

MTU at UNO = sweep for those Red Mav's

Bemidji at Wis = split

CC at SCSU = split

Denver at AA = 3 points Pioneers

UND at MSU = 3 points Sioux

I predict the dogs will get the only sweep for this week. I have UND getting a split against Mankato. Mankato has a hot goaltender and the Sioux are loaded with injuries and illnesses. They have four players bang up pretty bad with two sitting for awhile with upper body injuries(Bret Hexstal and Jason Gregorie).

I predict the dogs will get the only sweep for this week. I have UND getting a split against Mankato. Mankato has a hot goaltender and the Sioux are loaded with injuries and illnesses. They have four players bang up pretty bad with two sitting for awhile with upper body injuries(Bret Hexstal and Jason Gregorie).

Sounds like a good time for an upset sweep of the Sioux.

In my opinion I think that UND would be happy with a split this weekend. I think UND wins Friday. Saturday they will put Brad Eidness in net. So Bear atleast you won't get your hopes up all weekend.

Convincing win for UNO last night. We can't seem to get much separation between the top 4 teams. Very, very tight race so far. If you get swept one weekend, you get left behind. All the more important to finish 1 or 2. Third seed now has to play on the Thursday play-in game vs the #6 seed.

Then another tight grouping from 5-11. Wide open for any of those teams to get the last 2 home ice spots come March should the top 4 remain there.

Looks like it's going to be brutal trying to get to Mariucci on Satuday night. We're just stupid enough to try. Truck will probably be in 4wd. I hope others are going to be careful out there!

Anyone else going to either game?

Looks like it's going to be brutal trying to get to Mariucci on Satuday night. We're just stupid enough to try. Truck will probably be in 4wd. I hope others are going to be careful out there!

Anyone else going to either game?

You know its funny, we are thinking about canceling a trip to the cities for a wedding this weekend but if I had Gopher/Dog tickets you can bet we would be going!!!

I just just reading up on that big first line UMD has, I think our best chance might be to jump them in the parking lot before the game. Nothing serious, just a few bruises, a black eye or maybe a broken finger or three. Just enough to soften them up for the weekend.

A bit of incomplete game for the Gophers. Honestly the best team won tonight. good game out of the gophers 3rd and 4th lines.

I dont know if anyonw pays attention to Haula for the Gophs. Good for a freshman but they are giving this kid too much responsibility. he is terrible on the power play and slacks on the shorty.

I didnt see the UNd score, but a split seems good. Mankato can ride that hot goalie, and doesnt UND usually struggle with them.

Drive safe tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see the Bulldogs put the wheels back on the engine and get the road sweep of Clarkson. They won Monday 4-1 and won last night 4-2. It was 4-0 in the 3rd last night and then they let in a couple of late goals. Very chippy game with 31 penalties and plenty of misconducts.

The wins knocked Clarkson out of the top 25 (enter Bemidji!), so it won't have immediate effect for UMD. But if Clarkson can get back on track this could pay big dividends come NCAA time with east coast comparisons.

Also it seemed like most of the WCHA fared pretty well over the 2 weeks of holiday play in non-con games. That helps all of the top teams come March.

Did anybody notice UNO getting swept by Quinnipac(sp) last week and SCSU beating Miami and Cornell. MSU even beat some teams Notre Dame and Brown. WCHA had a good week in noncoferance play.

There's been a few players that left early in the last week. Dylan Olsen Duluth D, William Wrenn Denver d, and Chris Hepp SCSU D. There's a rumor there will be more(Bryce Johnson) leaving SCSU. Not good news frown

Yikes what is with the mass defections? I know Olsen left because of academics but what is up with the rest of them?

The rumor with the SCSU was marijuana(sp) charges and Wrenn left because lack of playing time.

Olsen was academics. I guess it wasn't a surprise, but the team did not find about it from Dylan. I hope he eventually made a phone call so he could end it on decent terms with coatching. It was pretty disappointing since he had developed into our best defenseman, Faulk right on his heels.

Wrenn from DU had 1 assist this year and was -8. He wasn't getting any better, so maybe it made sense for a change of scenery. Gwoz took the high road in his statement. There's probably more that we don't know.

I heard about some shenanigans with the SCSU player or players while playing down in Ft Meyers, but it's all just rumor at this point, nothing confirmed.

Another player for SCSU left. SR forward Tony Mosey was dismiss from the team today for violating team rules.

It looks like the drug conviction that Chris Hepp had in September wasn't the reason why he left the team. There's been some chatter on a seperate site about an incident that happen in Florida last weekend when they played in a tourament where they went undefeated beating Miami(oh) and Cornell. You can imagine what kind of trouble some college kids could find down there. Thats just some internet rumor but something definately happen to have three players leave like that.

UND has Robert Morris this weekend. It sounds like the game will be on FSSN so everybody can check out the game. UND will be getting forward Brett hexstal back. Gergoire is still out with a concussion. No word on when he will be able to return. UND will sweep.

Only one conference game between Michigan Tech and SCSU. I'm going with a SCSU sweep. Who did SCSU lose that is good this last week? No one. For the nonconference games I will go with all WCHA teams with sweeps.

MSU plays American International

BSU plays Alabama Huntsville

Wisconsin plays Canisus

Minnesota plays USA under-18 team in exhibition. Check out UND recruits JT Smith and Rocco Grimbaldi(sp).

This weekend predictions

Denver vs MSU 4pts Denver

CC vs AA 4pts CC

Bucky vs UMD 4pts UMD

BSU vs UNO split

Denver vs MSU - I'm really pulling for the Mav's to split at Alltel

CC vs AA - No Jayden Schwartz, but no problem for Tigers Sweep

Bucky vs UMD - UMD needs at least a split; I'm going 3 pts for Dogs

BSU vs UNO - At Omaha, I hope for at least a split from Beavs

UMTC vs UND - Split. Honestly this could be a sweep for either team depending on which Gophers squad shows up. Go Goldy!

St Lawrence at Tech - Honestly who cares unless you are a Yooper...

UMTC vs UND - Split. Honestly this could be a sweep for either team depending on which Gophers squad shows up. Go Goldy!

Is that the University of Minnesota Tech College grin? I call them "University of Duluth rejects" laugh

Is that the University of Minnesota Tech College grin? I call them "University of Duluth rejects" laugh

Not bad at all! I went with University of Minnesota Twin Cities in keeping with the honorary traditions of the DECC PA guy. I'm pulling for them through and through this weekend.

I'd push the "UMD Rejects" idea more, but then Maturi would wise up, get himself a new coach, and we'd be back to the typical Gopher season sweeps and top 3 WCHA finishes again. So I'm not gonna go there.

Solbes you disappoint me. I thought you were joining in the fun smile.

Jr colleges haha. Dylan Olsen should have went to Minnesota. He could have majored in hacky sack or something.

I...keep...waiting...for those Sioux to lose! May this weekend will be the one. We're starting to run out of good chances and I'd hate to see you win that bet (even on a technicality w/ Maine). Our best window of opportunity is the next three weekends.

That disclaimer was a life saver. Can you believe Scott welching on that bet because of that.

Wow looking at the remaining schedule for UND only three away series and one of them is Michigan Tech.

You bet you a.. technicality.

Denver - MSU Split

CC - AA- Denver sweep

Wisc - UMD, UMD sweep, they are due to get it back together

UM - UND, UM 3 points (A sweep would be nice,what a better way to seal my bet)

Bem - UNO Split