• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers 2010

Cooter

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• mrklean

• The_Diesel

Leechbait,

Troll all you want, but both teams are relatively similar with great offenses and good defenses. To answer a few of your "questions":

With their horrible defense I don't know how you could think the cheese will win the division. It got even worse when harris and bigby were put on the pup list.

+1 stick to your queen thread leech laugh its gonna be a fun year i can already tell. I really think out of these 2 teams the healthiest team at the end of the year is gonna win the divsion

Forsure, it's all about health and your schedule when your key players are hurt. People say the Vikes are done if Favre goes down but do you really think the Packers would do well without Rodgers?

Packers look decent and are the favorites every year, the NFL loves them.

That is for sure. Just about every national sports analist is picking the Pack to not only win the division but go to the Super Bowl as well. Time will tell I guess, unfortunately they already have 2 losses.... winkwhistle

Just about every national sports analist is picking the Pack to not only win the division but go to the Super Bowl as well.

Hmmm, Crystal balls from analysts. It only takes a few key games to shatter their balls. smilesmile

I want my Pack to win it all. Each year, every year. Good thing I'm not getting paid the big bucks to talk big on national TV. I like my balls better than that! shockedshocked

Preseason is done and its time to get ready for the opener against da Eagles. Hopefully we can get a better start to the season than last year. Lots of high hopes for the Pack this year - myself included. In my book they are the favorite to win the division - especially with some key issues to address going on in MN right now. Gonna be interesting to see just how far we can go this year but it should be a great year overall. Time for a shiny new green and gold avatar! Football rocks, can't wait!

Your team looks pretty good this year. the secondary and OL are suspect IMO but they certainly have as good a shot as anyone in the league this year as much as I hate to say it lol. This should be a fun season to watch. Good luck (But not too much grin )

I was out in the boat guiding all day. Sure wish I could have seen that game. Must have been interesting watching my Pack come out on top in spite of two A.R. interceptions. Did any of those picks result in Eagles scores?

Just be thankful Vick didn't play the whole game because they could not stop his running game. (11car. 103yds.) Andy Reid better take a good look at the film and realize who his starting QB should be. Man that guy is dangerous.

Vick is and has always been a terrible passer but a great runner and the Pack obviously did not game plan on Vick playing an extended amount of time in the game but a great ugly road win for the Pack!

Note to fishers, Vick has been a dangerous QB for about 10 years now...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Rogers was hanging on to the ball too long at times as well. Only a matter of time before he's done for the season after being crushed back there.

Vick is the last person you want to play in the first game of the season, as nobody is in game shape yet.

It didn't hurt that he played about 2.5 quarters, so he didn't hit the wall like everybody else. That being said, he looked exhausted by the end of the game. He almost didn't get up after a Mathews hit.

Regardless the Pack found a way to win, and that's what good teams do when you aren't playing great.

Rogers was holding onto the ball too long. Did a much better job in the second half, and the OL played better as well. Philly still has a good defense with their zone blitz scheme, which is tough for any team to open against.

Not only is Justin Harrel out for the season, Ryan Grant just got placed on IR and is done for 2010. Looks like Dmitri Nance (signed off the Falcons practice squad) is the newest Green Bay packer.

Quote:
ASU: Tough inside runner who led the Sun Devils in rushing each of his last two seasons...straight-ahead, compact rusher who rarely is tackled for loss and is ideal for short-yardage and goal-line situations...played in 45 games during his ASU career, making 18 starts over his four-year career...totaled 1,934 rushing yards on 482 carries (4.0 avg.) and 19 touchdowns...became a bigger factor in the passing game over the course of his career, as he finished with 63 career receptions for 463 yards (7.3 avg.) and one touchdown.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/102985794.html

Quote:
Green Bay - Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was asked Wednesday what he would say to the Packers if they asked for his opinion about a possible deal for disgruntled Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Rodgers' former Cal teammate.

"Bring him on," Rodgers said, without hesitation.

Not even with his character knocks?

"He's a great player," Rodgers said of Lynch. "And any character issues the team might see, I think in a situation like that, and I think you've seen that with other players across the league, when you give a guy a change of scenery and a guy like that who feels he might have something to prove, and surround him with two guys, (Desmond) Bishop and myself who played with him...I think that can only help him feel comfortable and see a lot of production."

Rodgers said the Packers have not asked him about Lynch, and that Rodgers and Lynch have not spoken.

Yahoo!Sports columnist Michael Silver, another Cal grad (sensing a pattern here?), wrote a column about how much sense a Packers-Lynch union would make.

Any deal appears to be a long shot. Silver reported Lynch might not even be on the block. And that before the draft, the Bills turned down an offer of a third-round pick and a player for Lynch.

Even a third-round pick would likely be too rich for Ted Thompson.

please make a deal for lynch, my guess is they could get him for almost nothing he is 3rd on the roster list and mad cant be good for the locker room there

I didn't get to watch any of the game yesterday but the final score looked good. My dad said Matthews was an animal again. Ready to take on da Bears next week. Didn't see any of that game either but heard they beat the Cowgirls in Dallas - should be a good game in Chicago with the Pack getting win number 3.

Overall what did I miss yesterday - both good and bad?

i listened to it on the radio on the way home, 2nd quarter was BAD, didnt really seem like jackson did a great job of running but ok, still wouldnt mind seeing lynch come to the pack but they were saying on the after show buffalo wanted Hawk for him, that im not cool with, i think AJ is gonna have a good year

I wouldn't mind having Lynch. I like Grant in general but aside from his first season in 2007 (and you can quote all of the 2008 and 2009 yardage stats that you want), he hasn't been the guy that can win games for you. I like Brandon Jackson but think that he is best in his secondary role.

Hawk has never sizzled. I never see him play with fire. He seems like a classic 9-5pm office guy, content that he did what was written in the playbook but nothing more. I don't think you lose much with Bishop, seeing as he has more fire and is a better run stopper. AJ isn't good in pass coverage either (although better than Bishop) but they tend to pull Hawk for Chillar anyway.

I say trade Hawk and get a game changer on offense. We'll see a slight drop-off to Bishop but I think it'll be more than offset by the gain with Lynch.

The new running back did play a couple of snaps from what I heard during the broadcast. He didn't do much but I think McCarthy just wanted to get the kid's feet wet.