• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers 2010

Cooter

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• mrklean

• The_Diesel

Special teams is ridiculous. Punting actually isn't an issue this year, but the coverage on those and the kick-offs is pitiful. Would be nice to have a feared return man too... Wonder if Desmond Howard likes his College Gameday desk more than the football field?

Not that it really means the division as a whole is great, but the first place vote-getters in 10 of 19 positions for the Pro Bowl this year came from the NFC North. That's gotta go for something, right?

Slocum is terrible, gots ta go.

I don't see a problem with Campen though. Specifically, I don't see how his coaching is the problem. I fully recognize that the O-line has problems but that's from a personnel standpoint IMO.

Clifton is on his last leg, literally. He had a hot streak mid-season for a few games, but still can't run block, and is allowing pressure from the blind side. He's not yielding sacks, but pressure.

Colledge/Sitton/Lang are just not doing the job.

Wells is relatively solid and makes the correct calls at center. He does relatively well at pass blocking and doesn't give up much pressure up the middle. Run blocking, eh.

Sitton is pretty solid all around but still not run blocking all that well.

Bulaga is steadily improving, but still had some glaring mistakes against the Patriots. I feel confident about him moving forward.

Draft another LT or RT to replace Clifton - with Bulaga either staying at RT or shifting to LT - and pick some middle round guards to compete.

I like Spitz and Bulaga, the rest could go in my opinion.

Funny, just read Sid Hartman's article today and he said the reason the Vikes are having such a bad year is that they only had 1 player on IR last year and have 7 on IR this year. The Pack is up to 14. Care to explain that one Sid?? wink

Good win for the Pack. Most people predicted a win for the Giants. A-Rod was excellent, showing no signs of the concussion, and the D played great as well.

Next Sunday's game against the Bears has been moved to 3:15, so there is a good shot it will be on TV (Vikes play at Noon).

Congrats to the Pack on a good win. It would be cool to see the wild card come out of our division. Since the Vikes are out of it, Go Pack!

I hate the pack!! But having said that, they looked real good yesterday, gotta hand it to them, they are playing well. Still hate them though grin

I hate the pack!! But having said that, they looked real good yesterday, gotta hand it to them, they are playing well. Still hate them though grin

That's always the best compliment.

Green Bay looked really good yesterday. Certainly it was their most complete game against a quality opponent. One could look at the blowout against Dallas, but they were on the ropes. The Giants were a good team with playoff aspirations.

The Packers have now played three teams (Vikings, Cowboys, 49ers) that fired their coaches and now Coughlin's job is on the line. Interesting stat.

I think that the tale of two games comes by looking at the Packers/Lions and the Packers/Giants. Watching those two games will demonstrate to any football novice the importance of the offensive line.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats to the Pack.

GB got lucky in drawing an Eagles team that stumbled down the stretch. They are by FAR a more dangerous playoff team than the Bears, and will be interesting to watch.

Its nice to see 2 teams representing the NFC North. Congrats Pack!

Funny how someone on here said the NFC North was terrible? I think two playoff teams says enough. wink

If Vick is healthy, he is ALWAYS a tough to contain.

If Vick is healthy, he is ALWAYS tough to contain.

They need to blitz him often and force him to make quick decisions, then he's not very good. They also need to view game films of the Eagles/Vikings game and see how Minnesota got the job done against him.

I hope the Eagles are running smoothly on all cylinders and the Pack pound the carp out of them anyway. Good warmup for the next Bears game.

Blitzing Vick is only half of the story. That flushes the QB and Vick is outstanding outside of the pocket, both using his legs and finding receivers downfield. Blitzing while maintaining rush lanes is critical. The Packers will blitz, and Raji should get good push up the middle. If Jenkins and Pickett can maintain the sides then the blitzes should work.

This may be another special teams nightmare though, with 20mph winds forecasted for game day. Masthay has had an incredible first season. When you punt to a Hester/Jackson type of player, you need to nail your directional punts. A 20mph wind can push the ball all over the place, ranging from pushing it back into the field of play to forcing it out of bounds after ten yards. That scares me the most right now.

How about that game!?!? Wow, was that ever fun to watch!

Rodgers has set a record for most TDs in first 3 post-season games, ever, in NFL history... Maybe now all the trash talk about him not being able to play in the post-season will stop? How about all 3 NFC pro-bowl QBs this year are done, and A-Rod is still playing. Packers have beaten two of them as well. And Troy Aikman said his pick for COTY is MM.

I said before this game that whoever wins will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl... Hopefully the Pack doesn't let me down! I was more worried about this game than I am about playing either the Bears or Seahawks, but hopefully we don't come into next week's game over confident.

Bring on the Bears... It's an NFC North showdown for a trip to Dallas! Maybe it's not such a weak division after all?