• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Fire Brewster

JBMasterAngler

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• PierBridge

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

That's been decided....last week....really bad!

Pretty much my belief, even if it hasn't been officially decided yet. Brewster is a dead coach walking.

I think he'll finish the season, but be gone very soon after the Iowa game.

Of course, Brewster could still save his job with a string of impressive victories...but can anyone point to anything in the last three years and two weeks to suggest that might actually happen? I can't.

So much for the 50 point blow out!

Gophers cover the spread and play a bit better this week.

Oh we had another Fun time at the game again! grin

Go Gophs!

The problem with losing to USD: The Gophers weren't ready to play.

The problem with losing to USC: The Gophers were ready as they'll ever be.

Coach Brew's crew played well Saturday, and still needed a garbage-time touchdown to lose 32-21 to a team that thinks extra points are as expendable as toothpicks, and penalties are a good way to get your name mentioned on TV.

The Gophs are 1-2. They've beaten a Middle Tennessee team lacking its star quarterback, lost to a South Dakota team that had just lost by 31 points to Central Florida, and lost to a USC team that had trouble with Hawaii's offense and Virginia's defense.

If Middle Tennessee State quarterback Dwight Dasher hadn't been such a thug, the Gophs would be 0-3 right now and facing their worst season since Brewster went 1-11 in 2007.

Today's game was winable we just were WAY to obvious with our play calling. I was at the game and everyone in my section was yelling out what the play was going to be before they ran it. Way to many 1 wr formations with the ball being run up the middle. USC was so keyed in on it that it was completely ineffective.

Now I don't mind trying to stick to a game plan but when you run 10 consecutive plays up the middle and you get minimal gains each time don't you think its time to try something else.

It seemed like MN was in 3rd and long all day long because of running for no gain on 1st and 2nd. On 3rd they'd spread the field with 3 WR's and actually get good yardage each time. I don't know why Brewester didn't see that. I was actually sitting up the in USC section and all the USC fans kept asking "why aren't they throwing, don't they know our secondary is the weak spot?" Apparently Brewster didn't get that memo or didn't watch any game film.

He just can't adapt to what the defense is giving him, he's going to run the ball out of the same formation and if it doesn't work then he just tries to do it 30 more times hoping for different results.

Also what was the point of the time out toward the end of the first half. The offense was standing around on the field with the clock ticking down and after 20 seconds they call a time out. Of course then they come out of the time out and throw the ball and its picked off. Was he trying to conserve time? If so why didn't they call timeout sooner? Was he trying to run out the clock? If so why did he call a time out, and why didn't he run the ball instead? Just total nonsense leading to an interception, thankfully USC didn't score thanks to a gift int from USC. Just more poor coaching.

I thought the Gophers played a good game today.

Maybe once Weber leaves this team will have a shot at winning some football games...

I thought the Gophers played a good game today.

Maybe once Weber leaves this team will have a shot at winning some football games...

I don't think Weber had a terrible game, he threw into double coverage a couple of times when there was 1 on 1 coverage on the other side of the field, that was about the worst that I saw. His receivers did him no favors in the second half dropping several balls that were right on the money, one of which I believe led to an int.

He's certainly not the best I've ever seen but at least yesterday he was not the reason we lost.

In general I thought the players played really well, the secondary played much better and they were tough against the run until they started to wear down in the second half.

The way the gophers played they could have won the game if they could have gotten away from running the ball out of the same formation all day long. Other things were working but they just kept trying to run inside which clearing wasn't working. IN fact they only averaged 2.2 yards per carry as a team, thats not going to work. Need to try something else when thats all you can do.

To me it seemed like USC was completely disinterested in being there. They were playing C level football. I will give the gophers credit, they did play a good game, but it wasn't because of brewster. Watch for northern illinois to come in and take advantage of the hangover.

I'm fairly astonished the number went from USC being favored by 14.5 down to 11.5. Thats a lot of action on Gophers in order to move a number that much....It just seemed like sucker bet to me so I didn't bet on USC.

Granted USC isn't very good this year but they still probably should have covered anyway.

I guess it goes to my over-all theory of parity in College sports theme!

So about those Mangino rumors.......he wouldn't be my first choice, that's for sure. But he's not a bad coach.

I'd rather they went after Mike Leach, if they were going to make a move. Also I'd say Gary Barnett, but he is getting a little long in the tooth. At least he went to the Rose Bowl w/ Northwestern, and if you can do it there..........

Mangino is a friend of Brew's. That is the only reason he was around campus and on the sideline. With the way he exited Kansas there is ZERO CHANCE he will coach the Gophers. Same with Leach.... NO CHANCE. Way too much controversy where they just were. The "person" is far more important to the U of M than the "coach" is. We need to hope they find a rising star by luck.......

Gophers receiver Troy Stoudermire has been indefinitely suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team," coach Tim Brewster announced Wednesday. Stoudermire, who has six receptions, one of them for a 49-yard touchdown against South Dakota, in Minnesota's first three games this season and is also the team's starting kick returner, will not be on the sidelines for Saturday's game with Northern Illinois, Brewster said.

It's ugly, really ugly for gopher football, when your in-state studs won't come here it's ugly, I thought the program would takes steps forward each year, remember the rose bowl talk...lol... maybe we need to go D 2.

NDSU put a beat down on the Coyotes tonight, 38-16, in a battle of the Brew Beaters.

D.J. McNorton ran for 250yds and 3 TD's!

Go Bison!

Wow, just got home tonight and turned on BTN...How can this not be the last straw? If Brew didn't want the USD game to define the season, what does he make of this one? Let's try and get someone with some experience for game planning please. I think I can recruit for Texas at this point.

Wow, just got home tonight and turned on BTN...How can this not be the last straw? If Brew didn't want the USD game to define the season, what does he make of this one? Let's try and get someone with some experience for game planning please. I think I can recruit for Texas at this point.

Hey, this was a thrilling game for the Gophers at home against a tough Northern Illinois squad that only lost to Big 12 powerhouse Iowa State 27-10 two weeks ago!

I really wish I had taken advantage of those cheap tickets to TCF Stadium so I could see the Big Ten's Gophers lose to a team (NIU) that got soundly beaten two weeks ago by a team (Iowa State) that got utterly destroyed by a total score of over seventy to zero the last two seasons by another Big Ten team (Iowa)that beat the Gophers at home 55-0 a couple years ago!

A few more such thrilling contests against FCS opponents like South Dakota and non-BCS schools like Northern Illinois and we Gopher fans can probably get tickets to The Bank for free--awesome! Tim Brewster = The Man!

You college football fans back in Minnesota are lucky! Here in Iowa City one must pay $150 to $300 for a single ticket to an Iowa home game against a BCS opponent like Iowa State, Penn State, or Michigan! I bet tickets against quality opponents are much cheaper for The Bank! Heck, Iowa beats teams like Ball State and Eastern Illinois 35-0 or 45-0, which is BORING! Gopher fans are much luckier because they get to see their team play hard but lose to FCS and MAC teams, which is obviously more exciting!

Truly this is a glorious age of parity in college football when Tim Brewster's Gophers can go four years without winning a single rivalry game against Iowa, Wisconsin, or Michigan! I am now completely convinced that Tim Brewster should be retained not only for the remainder of this season, but for the next several seasons as well!

/sarcasm

Yes...it's embarrassing.

The Gophers just plain and simply get manhandled on the line of scrimmage...both sides of the ball...no matter the opponent.

Play calling on 3rd and 4th and short is the worst I've ever seen in my life. Same play (dive) all game long and I don't think they converted once. You would think they'd learn their lesson.

Weber is not a leader...not a good q-back...and he can't win football games. As a four year starter, and two time captain, I've yet to see him step up in a big situation and deliver the goods. It looks like his teammates don't like him or he doesn't like them...either way, I wish he'd just leave.

I find it hard to believe that we can't recruit better offensive and defensive lineman from this part of the country. They're there...NDSU,USD, SDSU, UND, UNI, all find and develop better lineman than what we currently have...and they're sub-division teams that could all beat the Gophers right now. The Gophers defensive front is about the worst group of football players I've seen in a long, long time. Michigans q-back alone, might rush for 500 yards on the ground against this group.

Maturi better be making a list....let's hope he checks it twice this time before he makes another hire!!

To be clear IMO they have to wait until the end of the year to can him for the sake of the players, but the day after they take another walloping from Iowa they need to cut him loose. It's looking like a second low water mark of 1-11 under Brew. Two of the worst records in four years in a 127 year old football program, its pathetic.

The rest of the schedule is road games, ranked teams, and games where they are the big underdog. If the MTSU QB wasn't hurt, they'd finish with a donut for wins, kind of like Brew's first year where if he hadn't lucked out in 3 OTs versus Miami (OH) he would have been winless.

For the 1st time since 1898, the gophers lose 3 non conference games (at home nonetheless). And it was only the 3rd win against a big ten team in northern illinois' history. I would love to see brewster get fired right now! But unless it's a scandal, college coaches rarely get fired during the season. But yes, hopefully the day after the season is over, he'll be fired! I'm still pulling for mike leach...he's the anti brewster, not afraid to yell at players and challenge them. Not to mention he has had some of the best post game interviews in college football over the years.

I hope to god you are joking about $300 tickets to any Iowa football games.... grin

Tough loss but we still enjoyed ourselves.... smile

$300????....LOL

Who would be next? No dreaming allowed, keep it real please. I see no semi big name that would be interested, do you? Why would they? Unless there would be big big big money involved and I do not see that happening.

I hope to god you are joking about $300 tickets to any Iowa football games.... grin

Tough loss but we still enjoyed ourselves.... smile

$300????....LOL

No joke. Check any on-line ticket sale site for Iowa-Ohio State, Iowa-Penn State, or Iowa-Wisconsin. Nothing under $185, and those are endzone/nosebleed seats. $300-$500+ for one good seat. And people do buy them.

Edit: I just checked the price for Ohio State-Minnesota tickets on those same sites--plenty of $45-$55 seats available at The Bank?!?!?!? Those same seats for Ohio State at Kinnick go for $200-$300!!!

You aren't going to try and tell me that you prefer an incompetent coach like Brewster because his total ineptitude keeps ticket prices for Gopher games cheap, are you?