• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Fire Brewster

JBMasterAngler

Many of us didn't want to believe Glen Mason was as much as we could ever hope for. Turns out that's as good as it gets. Not even an InSight bowl this year.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• PierBridge

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

I'm with you Tire!!

Loose against SD at HOME!!!!!!

Get rid of him now and let a new coach try to get on track.

I know that is not realistic but fun to complain about.

Don't fire anybody. We all love watching a train wreck. 4 D1 teams in the Dakota's now that all have a better chance at winning a national title than the Rodents.

I think you're on the right track. I would have paid good money for a ticket to see the Dinkytown Debacle today, and if Brewster is gone those opportunities may be few and far between.

OK, maybe not. grin

I agree...I was holding out hope he could truly bring in a "different" class of athlete and turn the program around but after four years it's clear he can't. He's actually digressing and it may take years...maybe a decade or more, to get back to where Mason had the program. I just can't believe this is all he came up with after 4 years of recruiting...some nationally recognized classes too.

Weber sucks...plain and simple...and has for 4 years now. He's just not a winner and I can't wait until he's gone.

Weber sucks...plain and simple...and has for 4 years now. He's just not a winner and I can't wait until he's gone.

I agree. The musical offensive coordinator thing doesn't help but I think we'd be farther if we had started Marquis Gray last year.

LMITOUT,

I attended the UofM vs NDSU game in 2007 as a Bison fan. It was awesome, to say the least. One of the best football games I have ever been to, including games at Historic Lambeau field.

Did Brewster give a post game interview?

Silly me for thinking the gophers defense would be good enough for the coyotes crazy I'll be at the USC game, and I think lane kiffin's team will put up 80 points against us.

Brewster's record against sub division teams is 2-2...a 500 record!?!?!?!? And if it wasn't for a lucky interception return for a TD last year against south dakota state, he'd be 1-3!!!

I can't wait to hear the boos next week...they will be well deserved. I still think they'll find someway to win 1 more game, but it's going to be an ugly season with alot of lopsided losses...many of which will be at home.

He doesn't suck. He's average with below average playmakers around him. When your best receiver is the backup QB - that's a problem. He still threw for close to 300yds with 3 TD's & 0 picks. Did have the one untimely fumble, but at least he was trying to make a play at the end of the game, unlike everybody else on the team.

The D is pathetic.

Its time for the U to make a change. Brew had his run and has proven he can't get the job done. Can we get a Coach with some record of success as an actual head coach? I don't care he comes from D2 or wherever. Jim Tressel and Brian Kelley worked their way up like tat.

I'd have bet the house Neither Brewster nor Chilly would get their contracts extended and then they both do in the same year. Bizarre.

Brewsters was just a formality for recruiting purposes...his actual buy-out got cheaper by him signing that deal last year.

Could it be the o-coordinator merry go round is due to Brewster being unable to coach? I am starting to think they saw water circling the drain and got out before they all got flushed. Just a thought.

We need to rid ourselves and the U of this blowhard clown. The man cant coach. Period. How much more embarassment does the program and the poor kids under him have to take? Maturi: Do It!!

I'd have bet the house Neither Brewster nor Chilly would get their contracts extended and then they both do in the same year. Bizarre.

It is strange but wouldn't it be nice to see them both ride the same rail out of town?

There is no point to firing Brewster now--it would just make a bad season worse.

Brewster should be fired much like the Vikings fired Mike Tice: as soon the clock turns over to 0:00 at the end of the Iowa game, Brewster's pink slip should be waiting for him in the TCF stadium home locker room.

Seriously, I had to see this loss to South Dakota unfold during the Iowa-Iowa State game at Kinnick Stadium here in Iowa City. I was the only Gopher fan in a stadium with tens of thousands of Hawkeye fans, and I thought every one of them was laughing at me when the final score of the Gophers' loss to South Dakota was posted on the scoreboard. The Hawkeye fans around me, who knew I was a Gopher fan, were in fact laughing at me, so my patience for Brewster is done.

Sorry to say but I think there is an almost zero percent chance Brewster will be fired this year.

In light of recent events since you made this post, do you want to revise your odds?

I grew up in Vermillion, SD home of the Coyotes. I was in Canada fishing over the weekend with no tv or radio to speak of. We crossed at Baudette, and I had about 5 messages from by buddies about the game. How did USD score that many points? I'm sure Vermillion was rockin' on Sat night. Brewster talks a great game, but w/o results it wears thin after awhile.

We should put a giant cut out of the Burger King (King) out there as head coach. He would do a much better than doofster. Maybe we can trade him and maturi to gatorade for a couple cups and a jug.

Simply pathetic. Fire them both NOW!!! And take bruiniks, all the dink regents and half of the crappy professors with you.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Embarassing...

I can't believe he said "It's only one game".

Looks like all of the surrounding states can gert a decent football program going but the Gophs with their new stadium can't get it done.

There is no point to firing Brewster now--it would just make a bad season worse.

Brewster should be fired much like the Vikings fired Mike Tice: as soon the clock turns over to 0:00 at the end of the Iowa game, Brewster's pink slip should be waiting for him in the TCF stadium home locker room.

Instead of confetti raining down it should be pink slips. In fact next week I think Gopher Fans should have a pink slip in one hand at all times and a white flag to raise about half-time.

Quote:
In light of recent events since you made this post, do you want to revise your odds?

Zero percent chance he's fired this season and maybe not next year... So NO revision.... grin

Unlike most people "gophs fans" at the game on Saturday I thought it was a great game and enjoyed every second of it. Of course I had good seats, plus the Yotes and the points so that helped! smile Great day for outdoor college football in a sweet stadium!

The Coyotes QB was the difference maker on the field, that kid played great and he was clearly the better all around QB both throwing the ball on a very windy day and running it.

South Dakota didn't have a lot of fans at the game but they sure had a ton of Fun!

Oh and Brewster in his press conference took full 100 percent responsibility for the loss like he always does.

This may not make you feel any better but I have been telling you guys for a while now that they play some good football across the boarders and parity around the country in ALL college sports is at an all time high!

We are actually very lucky not to be 0-4 against NDSU, SDSU, and SD.

NDSU knocked off Kansas earlier in the season so South Dakota beating us one of the worst programs in the country shouldn't be that big of a surprise at least to me in wasn't.

The plus is tickets are going to be nearly free so if you like low level D1 football outdoors in an awesome stadium now is the time for an affordable game!

Go Gophers!!!!

I am a little late with my thoughts on this, but I have to say a win is a win and its awesome to see some small local school like USD do that, but in my opinion they beat a team that has less going for them. USD is fresh at the D1 and are out to prove they can compete at that level. The Gophers have nothing other than they are a Big 10 school in affiliation only.