• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Calling out the old-school guys...

Loon

Remember when Hawg Tide would post his daily catch?...

Remember when Jet Man (the old ball coach) would put in his 2 cents?...

I definitely remember RiverRat 3:16 chiming in on what was right and what was wrong in the world.

How about Smallie Hawgin? I think he moved up to Little Falls...

EBass used to jump in a little bit...

Royce has used a few handles, but I know he still fishes the river...

Has Kevin Turner been tearing up the Monticello area, or has he retired?

How about Keith up in Clearwater?

Who could forget about the O.G. Mississippi River Dog...MSRD. down in Champlin?

I learned a lot from these guys while cutting my teeth on the Upper Mississippi...

I really miss their input and advice.

Who is still lurking? Are you guys still fishing the river hard or what?

I haven't seen one familiar face (boat) this year out on the stream...

Could be because of the high water...lotta new blood out there this year...

Anyway, check in and let us know what's good.

Hey Loon, I still lurk occasionally.

I guess you would have to chalk it up to a learning experience. Back in '04, the online forums were relatively new (at least to me). I didn't realize the effect that talking about your catch would ultimately have. A lot of people were reading those reports. Now the traffic is 10 fold on the river.

I've met a lot of good people and made some good friends through this forum, so it's all good. But if you want to know where and how I'm catching them now, you'll have to be in the boat with me. In reality, I don't get out very often anymore. I have a couple of young boys that are into baseball, football, golf and I don't have much time for fishing.

Were you at the first Smallie Magnet event? I'm trying to remember who you are.

I am still here also, I just don't have any time to fish, 2 young kids, work and a small business. I also am without a good river boat right now and was planning on wading this year, but with the high water and lack of time I have only waded once and been on the river 2 times in friends boats. Both those times were pretty unspectacular so there wasn't a report.

I post a little, lurk a little, still fish with HawgTide a bit but my life has taken a different path. Moving my base to Connecticut next week to live with my SO and fish new water's, she likes to be in the boat with camera in hand. I will be spending a certain amount of time here though and will be a boat mooch. I've spent a lot of time out east with her the last year. When she was here in June she shot hundreds of pictures while I fished, loves being out with a camera as much as I do fishing and is great to be with, life is good, I've already been told to build a new fishing world there. Now that's the woman I've been dreaming of, and to think, I met her on the internet, yep it happens.

I still fish but not as much, River Tiger and I took 4th in the Anoka tournament a month or so ago, other than that haven't fished this stretch a lot, or the others for that matter, have done as well here for size as any other sections. The Anoka section isn't much for numbers but I can tell for a fact you can get 18+ Smallie anywhere here. Oh yes, I still make the MSRD board, someone that dropped by the other day asked if I still did when they were here. It's what I do, woodwork.

That's awesome, guys...

Never showed up to the GTG's because I felt I was late to the group...

I was the young buck without a clue. Still might be.

I feel you, Hawg Tide about spewing info...

I've always thought that the info was safe on the river because even if I gave you GPS coordinates, you'd tear up your boat trying to get there...

Not yours, HT, but lurkers' boats.

MSRD...congrats on the new "catch" and good luck with the new water.

River Rat 3:16...I have an empty seat any time you want...I'm dialed in up in the Clearwater stretch. Just let me know.

If you want to fish your stretch, I'm all about learning new water.

Learned a lot from these guys and not too proud to ask for a little more knowledge.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Howdy, Eyeguy here, This summer has had me tied to the house for 14 weeks with sciatic nerve issues and just had surgery 2 weeks ago so fishing has been only in my dreams. I'll make up for it next year. Last year fished a ton as always and had a great year fishing with most of the guys you mentioned. These fellow river rats are good people and know the river that's for sure. I spent a lot of time wading my home stretch last year also and that can really be fun to say the least. I also enjoy photography so I spend time in the Photo Threads on here to share my stuff and learn from the folks on there. Have I fished with you? I can't remember the handle Loon. Ahh the Smally Magnet Days, good memorties HT!

I'm still here, but have been focusing on lakes since I moved to EP. Big Mike and I were just out on Tonka on Tuesday. (I caught a smallie too) Also I'm trying to catch a Flathead since the MN River is mins away. 0-2 this year on dem Flats.

I have hit da Sippi a couple of times lately, but the water is dirty and my buddy out fished me both times. Still got a few though and wish I had a jet. I'll be back there soon.

I miss the ol crew and stop posting detailed reports for the same reason HT stated.

Howdy EBass, yepper I think we all learned that lesson. Post a pic when you get that big ole flathead.

Thanks for remembering us Loon, but for the life of us we wonder when and if we have ever you met in person. I have to believe we have. Maybe at one of the old Smallie Magnets?

maybe it's basskid? heehee

hmmmmm, I just noticed that my name changed to eyeguy2. who's playin with me?lol is that you rat?? I was eyeguy in the good old days. now I like windowpane but I guess beggers can't be choosers. LOL

Loon,

I still spend most of my fishing time in the summer months on the Mississippi chasing smallies. But where I use to be a Clearwater stretch die-hard, I now spend a fair amount of time on other sections of the river as well.

Last summer I upgraded from my river-nuthin' (ie 12' Alumacraft with a 9.8 hp Merc) to a RiverPro. Mine is one of the few blue RiverPros around. Wave me down the next time you see me on the Clearwater stretch and introduce yourself.

I don't find time to post much (never did really) but I can always make time to go fishing. ;-)

Keith_MN

• 1 month later...

Loon,

Well with my move to LF I have also taken on additional responsibility in my job... I still fish quite a bit, but, as HT said it well, I am on the fence with conveying info and keeping my back yard .... my place to fish... smile

I've been concentrating on sections other than Monti, mostly upstream a bit. Limited time, the whole 9-yards... Kid involved, house remodel, Oh yeah I blew my motor shortly after the opener too... But that was my fault, not the fault of RP's for sure... I ended up replacing this thing myself... Saved some money, but got er done...

Anyway, thanks for thinking of us...

• 2 months later...

Loon-

I too miss the old crew, but like others, things have changed. Boat building has kept me pinned to my home state of Missery, thus I failed to make it nArth for the first time in 22 yrs. But next yr I'll be back!!

If ya don't mind, contact me thru my web site. I've a fair handle on who you are, but can't be sure :-)

• 2 weeks later...

But next yr I'll be back!!

full-27930-4675-big_grin_smiley_face_sti