• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions for "The Series" at The Cell

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Thank you Captian Obvious,

Oh and by the way, the Twinks did not play the Braves, the Sox did and they swept them, and by Sox I mean the White Sox and not the Red Sox.

I did miss the Mets, Einstein, but the Twins did play the Braves June 11-13...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• Rick

• PierBridge

• SledNeck

And I think someone forgot to mention to Windy...For all those sweeps the SUX have, the TWINS lead the division! So much for those sweeps....

Hang in there wind-bag you guys are only 4 1/2 out of the wild card spot!

Dont throw in the towel on your sox just yet....oh wait you already did that earlier in the year.;)

Go Sox! grin

Ah yes, another NL team that beat the Twinks two out of three! Great point KG! Keep going. So we have a direct comparison for Rick to comment on here. Twinks lose two out of three to the Braves, not a cellar dweller but one of the best teams in the NL and the Sox sweep them...interesting!

Comments......

if MY team got beat in a major series at home,,, I to would try and divert things back to 1985 and other sports.( heck any City can, outside of CLevelend) Windy--- get the facts,, your team THIS YEAR is INFERIOR to the TWINS. ( and has been for some time..)

Just being in the same town as the Cubs,, does wear on you. 3 times bases loaded with less than 2 outs,, and 1 run,,, that's just like the Northside!!!! Balks for runs in close game,,, thats bushleague.

who cares about the NL?? They won the ALL* game this year,,, even a broken clock is right every 15 years. Most important is records agst div foes,, not the watered down NL,,, how have the Sux faired (or failed) agst the Central the past few years??? THE TWINS DOMINATE

Funny how the Twinks who are so clearly dominant and superior to the bushleague and inferior Sox are a whopping 1 game ahead with less than 50 games to go. Boy if I was on that great team with the master at the helm and Baby Jesus behind the plate I would sure expect to be a lot further ahead than just 1 game. Seems like the Twinks should have already wrapped up the division and would now just have to worry about the Yankees, you know, since they are so superior and dominant and we are bushleague and all.

Mud, you are smarter than that to try to pin me bringing up the 85 Bears, it was Rick who started the convo about football, not me, but since Chicago does have the clear and decisive advantage of having actually WON a Super Bowl, it behooves me to bring that point to the table once again, you know about how the Queens have been to the big dance 4 times and left with nothing but Rosy Palm instead of the Homecoming Queen. You know, that stuff and all....

Just wondering, when it comes to football, how are the Queens any different than the Browns??? Just asking!

1 game lead is enough to get it done.. But as the season goes on, God Willing (you brougt up the ref to Baby Jesus) the Twins will win the DIV by 4+ games.

Windy-- you simply don't have the firepower to get it done. Thome is on the Twins, your hitting is not like it used to be, and your b-pen is in shambles. The Twins are more like the C-sox of 2005 ,, ,who did win it all if you rememeber.

It does not matter to the Twins how the Vikings have done in Superbowls. What DOES matter is that the Twins are still 1 game ahead of the Sux.

See that Mud, I answer questions that were directed to me yet the Twink fans who shoot their mouths off remain silent. I think their silence speaks volumes. This site was mighty quiet the first two months of the season and I expect it to get quiet again as my Sox power down the last leg of the season with 16 of 22 games being played at home! Of course, if any of those Twinky mouths had any testicular verasitude they would attempt to answer my questions and admit they were wrong! But then I guess there are quite a few geldings up in the land of 10,000 lakes!

See that Mud, I answer questions that were directed to me yet the Twink fans who shoot their mouths off remain silent. I think their silence speaks volumes. This site was mighty quiet the first two months of the season and I expect it to get quiet again as my Sox power down the last leg of the season with 16 of 22 games being played at home! Of course, if any of those Twinky mouths had any testicular verasitude they would attempt to answer my questions and admit they were wrong! But then I guess there are quite a few geldings up in the land of 10,000 lakes!

laugh

You are hilarious. Sox bullpen to implode very soon.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

So we have a direct comparison for Rick to comment on here.
LOL Windy, you're a funny guy. I for one truly enjoy the bombasity from you. Next time you're in Minneosta give me a call and I'll take you to a game so you can see what a real baseball stadium and pro team looks like up close and personal smile

Bottom line is the Sox played one decent team and were given a free pass playing bottom dwellers in the NL while the Twins faced the tougher opponents. pretty simple and straight forward to me. Maybe you can figure it out too, probably not smile

Also straight forward and simple enough for you to understand, hopefully, is the Twins are in 1st place even with the tougher schedule they've played laugh

While your beloved Sox are dropping fast from their lofty 4.5 game first place lead. What's happening to your team windy? cool

Ohhh and Windy, as long as you like to live in the past...between the Twins and sox, which has won more World Series since the Minnesota Twins came into existence? Not that it means anything in the what have you done for us lately category. smile

buehler.....buehler smile

All in good fun Windy as I'm sure you're doing the same. I do respect the White Sox organization. cool

The Twins should be in good shape as they now have the easier teams left.

It's to bad that in the end, Chicago will slide.

did someone say trainwreck? as in the trainwreck that is the Pale Hose bullpen? holy cow, even those of us looking out of Twins colored glasses couldnt have imagined this much of a collapse. what happened Windy?

Win-dy-less in Chicago holler if you feel us!

Slip sliding away....slip sliding away.....slowly but surely slip sliding awaaaaaya!

smile

Win-dy-less in Chicago holler if you feel us! grin

Slip sliding away....slip sliding away.....slowly but surely slip sliding awaaaaaya!

smile

News report from "sources"--

"local Chicago sources report that the White Sox management are in talks with legendary closer Bobby Thigpen. Thigpen is 47 years old and currently raises chickens on his farm near Pensacola, FL. Thigpen has kept his arm in shape by tossing local softball games with the Flordia State womens team which finished the 2010 season 12-39. Thigpen has been clocked at 72mph with his fastball."

Interesting idea.....Thigpen.....I haven't heard his name for many years.

TWIN'S took 2/3 in Chi.....2 or 3 win's at home would open a little margin.

GO TWIN'S

has anybody heard from windy?? things have gotten awful quiet around here since his big sox have fallen a couple games back!

I would like to believe that the Twins could sweep the Sox's this next series but if that happened Chicago would be about done.

They may put up a bigger fight than I believe.

Lets get the brooms out and be ready.

Don't count the Sox out. Even if we sweep them they would be 6 games out.

The Twins in early September last year were 7 games back and came back to win the division. The Sox have already battled back big time this season when the Twins were well ahead of them.

With that said, GO TWINS!

BTW - AJ Pierzynski's double looked foul to me...maybe I'm not seeing well anymore.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Oh Windddddyyyyyy,

where aret thou?

Did you have sweet dreams of Thome driving that ball last night with your sox in the lead?

grin

He's laying in the weeds hoping the Sox win the rest of the games in this series, so he'll be able to drive his nails flush with the board. Matter of fact, my Dad's hoping for the same thing.

Don't count the Sox out. Even if we sweep them they would be 6 games out.

The Twins in early September last year were 7 games back and came back to win the division. The Sox have already battled back big time this season when the Twins were well ahead of them.

Yes but, the Twins have a long history of playing their best baseball down the stretch (as they are now), while the Sox have a longer history of monumental slides down the stretch (as they are now). smile

When the TWINS have Young, Thome, and Valentia in the #6-7-8 spots we have more "pop" down in the bottom third , than I can EVER remember. Fun stuff!!