• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Reward!! Please help!!

5000.00 REWARD

Jeff Foiles is in Anoka, MN for Gamefair.....2 nights ago some thieves broke into his pickup at a local motel and stole guns, electronics, glasses, etc.....the big one is they stole ALL four of the lanyards in his truck. His, Cole's, and 2 of his buddies lanyards full of bands and calls!!!! It took 47 years of hunting to acquire all those bands and only one evening for some F*****G Scumbags to take them away. BIG reward offered for the return of calls and bands of which are PRICELESS!!!!!!!! Please keep eyes and ears open!!!!!!!

That's just sickening to hear. I'll be scouring C L and many other for-sale fishing/hunting forums.

Rainman; Good luck on getting things get returned! I live down in Mo. so can't be of much help. frown Some friends have landyards with bands and I know they keep them dear.

smile

I say trust and just taking the situation for granted. Or what the police would refer to as theft of opportunity. Maybe he thought he locked it, but didn't. I mean seriously, would thieves have went "Oh bummer its locked" when they tried to open the topper. Unlikely, they were getting in one way or another. I mean sh*t happens ya know!

I really think you have a better chance of getting ripped off in your own yard than you do a hotel parking lot on the road. I know the only time my truck has been broken into was in MY OWN DRIVEWAY! Plenty others with the same story.

I mean how many of you leave your ice shack on a lake? How many of you leave important stuff in your ice shack? How many of you leave your portable house, auger, propane, etc in the bed of your pickup when on the road? How many of you leave your rods, reels, tackle, electronics, etc in your boat while on the road. I could go on and on, we all leave important stuff in our vehicles when we probably shouldn't. How many of you park outside your garage with a garage door opener in your vehicle (how many leave town with a garage door opener in your vehicle parked outside). Yikes, what an easy way for a thief to gain access to your house through an attached garage.

I mean seriously, we all do things every day that makes us potential victims. I've done every thing I can to protect my stuff over the years but you start to develop a comfort level and become lazy. Ahhh... too much work to bring all that stuff inside, it'll be OK.

Bottom line is some donkeys decided to steal from Jeff's personal belongings, they are the criminals. Could there have been better prevention?? Probably but that doesn't make the victim a criminal.

Chris, I never leave anything in view from a window in my truck locked or not. It just invites trouble. Yes, they can get in any way if they choose but why help and also advertise what you have in your truck by not covering it up or hiding it somewhat?

I would not leave my garage door open at night as I am sure I would be missing things in short order. Just asking for trouble.

Thing is, he came here to do a show for the Game Fair and probably came in light(no trailer, etc.). I agree with Hanson about leaving stuff in a vehicle. Sure some people may not do it because they believe it will help them not get broken into. Heck I even make sure I do not leave anything in sight to hopefully lessen the chance of mine getting broke into.

To me this sounds like the criminals probably had this whole heist thought up and waited for the perfect time to do it.

I will NOT blame Jeff for bringing his gear here to help teach other fellow waterfowlers a thing or two. The blame rests solely on the people who took his stuff. Like was said, sure, he could of made sure that his things were locked up better. But if a criminal wants to get something, he/she WILL get it. No matter if it's locked or not.

I think it's a sad day when people can sit here and blame the guy for getting his stuff stolen. Blame the correct people who did this. I think you would have a little more compassion if it happened to someone you are close to.

Thing is, he came here to do a show for the Game Fair and probably came in light(no trailer, etc.). I agree with Hanson about leaving stuff in a vehicle. Sure some people may not do it because they believe it will help them not get broken into. Heck I even make sure I do not leave anything in sight to hopefully lessen the chance of mine getting broke into.

To me this sounds like the criminals probably had this whole heist thought up and waited for the perfect time to do it.

I will NOT blame Jeff for bringing his gear here to help teach other fellow waterfowlers a thing or two. The blame rests solely on the people who took his stuff. Like was said, sure, he could of made sure that his things were locked up better. But if a criminal wants to get something, he/she WILL get it. No matter if it's locked or not.

I think it's a sad day when people can sit here and blame the guy for getting his stuff stolen. Blame the correct people who did this. I think you would have a little more compassion if it happened to someone you are close to.

I agree. Blaming the victim here would be no different than blaming a woman for being raped because she was beautiful and wearing a bikini while walking alone on a beach. You'd never blame someone for that though. In the end, it just isn't appropriate to place blame on a victim. With that said, there are things that everyone can try and do to avoid being victimized. It may not prevent all crimes from happening, but it might lower the risk. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that was the case here.

This is sad:

When my mother in-laws house was burglarized in Oak Grove in the fall of 2008, the police said the majority of large dollar thefts in the North West Metro are caused by thieves from St. Paul and Mpls. just cruising the northern burbs for an easy target. His truck being seen from Hwy. 10 and the look truck of his truck would have been worth a quick check out for any thieves cruising Hwy 10. Boom! They see a GPS and interest is heightened to a score. Then of course they will go into the rear looking for more.

I am not sure where he is from, but if he is not from an inner city area, checking locks is not habitual always like it is with you and I.

I hope they find his stuff. At least the stuff is traceable and even tractable. Depending on what type of GPS, the manufacturer I think can position a location via its serial number when used next??

A topper is not secure even when locked. Give it a wank and its open. Sorry the stuff was stolen, but you don't leave that kind of stuff in a vehicle in a parking lot.

Quote:
When my mother in-laws house was burglarized in Oak Grove in the fall of 2008, the police said the majority of large dollar thefts in the North West Metro are caused by thieves from St. Paul and Mpls. just cruising the northern burbs for an easy target.

People are pretty naive and gullible if they believe that.

Sounds like something a cop would say to make the victim feel better.

Thieves are everywhere and don't travel much at all.

As someone who has lived in MPLS for close to 40 years and never been a victim of crime even though we have over 350,00 people living here MPLS I say thieves are everywhere and per ca-pita I believe you'll find more thievery in rural area's with lower population with less available income or jobs available at least that's my experience of being ripped off at our cabin which is close to 30 times now or our fish-house on Mille Lacs which is into the dozen's over the years.

Pier they were activity pursuing this group after 9 or 10 house clearings with one where a home owner was involved. They cleaned out my mothers in-laws place, down to her dishes. The Mpls. police did do a raid on a South Mpls apartment that was filled with stuff and the only thing of my mother in-laws that was found was a purchased coin collection of my father in-law's, with an invoice still in the back sleeve/jacket. 4 men and 1 woman were taken in to custody. Then another raid in North St. Paul was connected to the people caught in Mpls. Nothing more was found of my mother in-law's, but other items taken from the area were found in a home and storage garage.

Having a father, who grew up in Columbia Heights and living in NE before moving out to Elk River in 1977, taught me many things and first & foremost was secure everything down with as much as you can. I think my father, back then, felt more concern being out in the middle of nothing, than down in the cities This when our closest neighbors left everything open. No one ever got robbed out their back then. This is common knowledge for inner city people, but you get out past Anoka, people to this day who live in $500,000.00 homes, have been lucky enough not to be a target, still leave the house unlocked when not home and the keys in the ign. at night or when away.

Not saying thrives are not out here capable of clearing a house in under an hour, then hiding the stuff to fence it, but it was what he said and I believe him. When it comes to getting robbed, what area would you pick a theif would have a better chance?

They have tried to get in my Grandma's place in Columbia Heights on 40th ave many times, but thanks to the steal 3 point braced door in the basement and six dead bolt point lock system my father and uncles installed in the front (and other things), they got nothing. She has only had one break in I have know about where they got in. That was her detached garage. Guess what? Nothing is left in their so they got nothing. laugh

I am shooting for a track record like yours Pier. So far, so good. wink