• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Camera Pics

sticknstring

I put one out in mid-July next to a white salt block and haven't noticed a preference on videos yet. They really quit hitting the mineral site once August came.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sticknstring

• Bear55

• 96trigger

• mrklean

Checked cams last night and the local bachelor group decided to make their once-a-month rounds through the property. Top Ten went nontypical this year. frown

full-9397-697-3_700.jpg

full-9397-698-1_700.jpg

full-9397-699-2_700.jpg

full-9397-700-4_700.jpg

Like Tommy would say HOLY-SHNIKEY'S, you got a pig on your property, is this one up in Crosslake?

mr

When you get a night's worth of pictures like that, it makes it all worthwhile. I just hope to get a glimpse of him come fall.

Quote:
is this one up in Crosslake?

Nope. I posted that one on the bottom of page 3. laugh

SNS,

I would assume he's first on your hit list come Sept. 18th? That is a huge MN buck I'm envious so have you seen this guy before?

mr

He is, but sadly I have obligations that keep me away on opening day. cry I haven't missed opener in a long time, if ever.

I haven't seen him in person but I have 3 years worth of pictures. He's at least 5 1/2 and he's the one in my avatar working a scrape in front of my stand at 12:30pm last fall while I was at work. frown

Keep the pics coming guys. I've seen a few out of velvet already from other people's cams. It's getting to be that time!

Mid 150's looks like a fair guess to me, might even push 160 with all those extra points growing all over the place and good mass. That big 8 looks worthy of an arrow too, nice to have options.

He will gross above 160, gauranteed. Hope SNS can shoot him and let us know. Bear55, I'd bet an adult beverage on it.

Mid 150's looks like a fair guess to me, might even push 160 with all those extra points growing all over the place and good mass. That big 8 looks worthy of an arrow too, nice to have options.

I would agree with this. Low 150's gross when its said and done. Very nice buck with awesome character!

SNS,

post your email if you can I want to share something with you? I had your address before but when I upgraded my outlook I lost your address.

thanks,

mr

He will gross above 160, gauranteed. Hope SNS can shoot him and let us know. Bear55, I'd bet an adult beverage on it.

I don't think I can take that bet because I think you are right. I like to be a little conservative when I estimate score, when I try and nail a score dead on I end up in the low 160's and that could be short of what he really scores. Good luck stick, go get him!!!!

That is definately a dandy. He's wide, with long mains, and decent mass, but not overly tall. But with all those points (I count 17 as well) he's gonna rack up inches quickly.

Pretty cool the way he "went non-typical". Are you sure it's the same deer? Either way, I'll bet he's darn smart one! Hope ya' stick em'!

Bear, I agree with your last post, its exactly what I was thinking. Last year my cousin shot a 150 12 pt that was pretty similar, I think SNS's buck pretty easily has 10+ more inches of bone on it than that one did. He isn't very tall but he has mass and lots of points. He will gross well.

Quote:
Are you sure it's the same deer?

I don't know if I could fathom two of those boys running around together. The brows do have me curious but until I see a picure, I'm sticking with same deer. It seems he lost height this year but I think it's just the velvet illusion. Here are a few from last year.

full-9397-746-99_700.jpg

full-9397-747-154_700.jpg

I would tend to agree that it looks like the same deer based on comparing his right side configuration and the general shape of the brows. It wouldn't be uncommon to see a buck start to throw "junk" when they get to be 5+ years old as you have suggested. The loss of a little tine length can be more than explained by this years addition of sticker and non-typical points.

Great looking deer! Still guessing mid 150's grin

I'll go out on a limb and say it's two different bucks and that it will push the 170 mark, for your sake I hope I'm right. Devils advocate but why couldn't two or more large deer habit the same territory now, the bachelor groups are still together and obviously you have good food source to support those quality racks...just my .02

mr

Quote:
why couldn't two or more large deer habit the same territory now

They most certainly could and often do. The initial set of pictures show two mature bucks together and I've got other pics from July showing 3 together. However, for two to be that similar and having the exact same characteristics is a stretch. I'm not ruling it out though. One of the Cannon Falls buck's offspring was shot last year in which initially they thought it was the father but it turned out being one of the sons. For my sake and other fellow hunters nearby, I hope that's the case here as well.

SNS,

eitherway it sure makes it hard to wait till you can get in the stand and from the sounds of it your seat will be cold....hmmmm maybe somebody could keep it warm till you can make it!?

ha,ha.

I got even more pictures of that buck I sent you today. I figured out where he's coming and going so I put a stand 20 yards or more off his route he has a edge that he follows and from the looks of the trail and his evening and morning ritual I should get a crack at him.

mr