• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Camera Pics

sticknstring

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sticknstring

• Bear55

• 96trigger

• mrklean

Instead of going to the 80, I guess we should sleep in and drink coffee and wait around for this beast which was in our driveway....

full-12991-435-cabincuddy.jpg

Is that a Capture IR or a No Flash? Seems as if the lens isn't focusing properly. I'd play with the flash settings and see if the pictures clear up. Nice buck however.

Is that a Capture IR or a No Flash? Seems as if the lens isn't focusing properly. I'd play with the flash settings and see if the pictures clear up. Nice buck however.

I think this might have been a battery issue I have noticed that when the batterys get to half they need to be changed or it gives you picks like that Its also in the river bottom so that may have something to do with it

Sorry, some cottonwood fuzz or spiderwebs were covering the lens completely when I checked the camera. They are not the greatest pics, but the deer are visible.

Web4.jpg

Web7.jpg

Web6.jpg

Web5.jpg

Web3.jpg

Web2.jpg

Web1.jpg

Web8.jpg

Not sure, but I *think*t this may be uncle ted prowling my neighborhood smile

This will be the last of my silly pics. Hopefully I can pull my memory card from the swamp in the next few weeks.

I may put the new ir4 here locally to see what's moving in stearns county.

uncleted.jpg

Just a couple from the last week. Finally getting a few bucks instead of all does.

full-1162-602-sunp0041.jpg

full-1162-603-sunp0076.jpg

full-1162-605-sunp0078.jpg

full-1162-608-sunp0085.jpg

full-1162-609-sunp0088.jpg

full-1162-610-sunp0094.jpg

This is addictive. First year of using cameras and I cant wait to get out again and check them.

Finally made it up north and put in a food plot and checked cameras. Surprised to see this guy around.

full-9397-663-19_700.jpg

Nice bachelor group - is that a trophy rock they're hitting?

Yup, loving the trophy rock. They've been nailing it since June.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Man this thread is lifting my spirits! It's nice to see so many nice racks out there. Every year I get a nice 10 point on my cam but never see the SOB once Bow hunting starts! cry

Quote:
Every year I get a nice 10 point on my cam but never see the SOB once Bow hunting starts!

You're not alone!

Same here guys, hoping to change that this year. I think I found his bedroom this spring, the only problem is its near impossible to get close to without alerting him that I am there. I think I need a jetpack with some kind of cloaking device that doesn't make any noise or leave any scent behind.

Bear55 wrote:

Same here guys, hoping to change that this year. I think I found his bedroom this spring, the only problem is its near impossible to get close to without alerting him that I am there. I think I need a jetpack with some kind of cloaking device that doesn't make any noise or leave any scent behind.

How about getting Star Trek Enterprise to beam you up, then beam you down in you tree stand?

Better have the correct coordinace other wise you might take a fall! grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Yup, loving the trophy rock. They've been nailing it since June.

So never tried the Trophy rock does it work as well as these pic's most of the time? They must last a lot longer then blocks? I know they cost a lot more! shocked

This is my 2nd year using the trophy rock, seem to work. When the block is gone the deer start to dig a hole into the ground where it was sitting.

So never tried the Trophy rock does it work as well as these pic's most of the time? They must last a lot longer then blocks? I know they cost a lot more! shocked

This has been a wet year and we have 4 rocks out that are still at least 1/2 as big as new. Two of them have been out since the beginning of June. I won't say they are magic but if you find a good trail -- they definitely can make that trail more memorable and keep deer around for 30 minutes or more while you snap pictures.

Our best setup had 320 pics in 2 weeks with 1 minute intervals. When we first put the rock out, we didn't even have daily visits. Now the deer stand around to take turns on the rock. There is one buck in particular who is in the background of many pics overlooking as other deer hit the rock. When the other deer leave, he comes back in for more.