• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A-rod 600

RiverFish

I am hearing a lot of talk about A-rod and his upcoming 600 home runs. But not a lot of talk about his steroid use to get there.

Knowing that he used steroids in his career to get to 600(youngest player to get there), it kind of loses the appeal for me.

Yeah you hit 600 HRs, but you used PEDs.

Any other comments?

Agreed. He is no better than bonds, mcguire, sosa etc.

Just another roider in my book. Since he is a Yank they seem to

"overlook" that part of his past.

For Me *************************Around his name*************************

tweed

i cant believe ESPN is showing everyone of his at bats until he hits it... it is stupid and i would rather watch womens golf than see A rod get extended coverage for his 600th homerun... how many of those home runs did he hit being clean and not on roids? maybe 100? 200?

the fact of the argument is he, or anyone else who's name is tied to steroids, (giambi, bonds, arod, clemens, pettite, conseco, palmero, etc) are NOT going to get into the hall of fame. i have heard tons of people say how none of the voters are ever going to vote in a steroids player, or a player who has been officially linked to sterioids... its sad, but true... there is going to be a whole era missing from cooperstown, but i completely agree with it.

i dont think cheaters should be awarded for their accomplishments.

Heck of a player and doing the juice was a huge mistake on his part. I just don't think he needed them.

i completely agree. a rod would have hit 600 without the juice. its a shame. he tainted his name and reputation forever. he will never get in the HOF

Steroids and PEDs are part of baseball and they always will be. We have no way of knowing how many people used them and how much they benefitted. I think almost all of them with Hall of Fame numbers WILL get into the hall eventually. I think it sucks that they used them, BUT MLB is also to blame for not testing and punishing.

the only way they will ever get into the HOF is if all the current voters eventually die and get replaced by people who have a much different take on the whole steroids issue.

i cant believe ESPN is showing everyone of his at bats until he hits it

MLB network is too. (best station on TV)

Steroids and PEDs are part of baseball and they always will be. We have no way of knowing how many people used them and how much they benefitted. I think almost all of them with Hall of Fame numbers WILL get into the hall eventually. I think it sucks that they used them, BUT MLB is also to blame for not testing and punishing.

i think saying MLB is to blame is kind of ignorant. the PLAYERS are the ones who are to blame for using steroids.. no one forced them to use them.. it was a decision they made to stick those needles and drugs into their bodies. MLB was slow to react to it, and still dont have blood tests to test for HGH and other steroids, so there are still players in the game using them today. until random blood sampling is initiated in the MLB, there is no way of knowing for sure if players are clean or not. but, blaming MLB for players taking steroids is ridiculous. its the players fault they did it to themselves. MLB was just slow to react and still is behind in terms of regulating clean play. its really a shame for all the guys who spent their whole careers/are still playing CLEAN, as they are the true athletes. blaming the MLB for the players like A Rod using steroids would be like a drug addict blaming the government for his drug use because they didnt enforce the drug laws well enough.

like i said, i dont believe that cheaters should be rewarded for their accomplishments... i dont think anyone who was linked to sterioids deserves to be in the HOF.

The players' union is more to blame as well. As long as they get to keep calling the shots, the appropiate testing measures will never be taken. Alot of the PED users also happen to be the highest paid players as well, so you bet the union is going to protect them with all their might so they can keep getting those big union dues!

Agree. I'll never give a cheater any credit. I beleive the steroid user are more harmful to the game than Pete Rose ever was.

Hey. I would think that a juiced pitcher throwing to a juiced batter evens everything out. I'd bet the real number of people using roids is so high that MLB would never allow it to go public, nor would any of the retired players.

Do the people who say juicers don't belong in the hall feel the same about NFL players???????????

Sled I gotta agree. Im not a fan of the juice, but it wasnt against the rules at the time and not testing so how can you look back and write every record off. Im sure it was such a high percentage of players using juice that it does pretty much even itself out.

Besides, all the old time players can claim what they want, but im sure there was some substance out there the last 50 years that helped them out as well.

When Bonds was on the brink of breaking the career HR mark, my cousin says to me "I am about to become the biggest AROD fan of all time". Then AROD admits being on the juice. Who now to cheer for then? Pujols? I wish Griffey would have stayed healthy.

Fat Albert will be called out next, then maybe Howard, Fielder... It's hard to trust anyone anymore when it comes to roids. We'll never believe in natural talent again.

Hey. I would think that a juiced pitcher throwing to a juiced batter evens everything out. I'd bet the real number of people using roids is so high that MLB would never allow it to go public, nor would any of the retired players.

Do the people who say juicers don't belong in the hall feel the same about NFL players???????????

Who is to say that Babe, and Hank didn't use roids or some sort of PED????

Who is to say that Babe, and Hank didn't use roids or some sort of PED????

who is to say they did?

A memo... could have pretty much done nothing. NBA sent out memos about tampering. Pretty sure that ment nothing during free agency.

NFL sent out memos regarding concussions prior to their latest. That ment about nothing. Unless its concrete in a collective barganing agreement and enforced memos mean nothing.

Define clean player as well... I haven't heard of any athlete that doesn't take some sort of vitamin or supplement. That isn't natural. Heck amphetamines weren't banned and tested for until recently.

I won't blame you for not cheering on ARod, but to completely write 600 hrs off is nonsense. ARod is a dink, but he is also heck of an athlete with or without roids.

Part of the punishment for using steroids, at least an informal punishment as decided by we the fans, should be to ignore certain players and their "accomplishments," but the opposite is happening... Here is a full thread devoted to a player who doesn't deserve word one. If Jimmy Johnson raced his normal car in a go-kart race, would we give a s--- about his win-loss record? No. Because he wouldn't be allowed to compete. Maybe baseball should grow a pair and do the same thing...you juice, you are banned permanently and you are expunged from all record books. The MLB won't even acknowledge that you ever played the game. Problem solved, then ESPN can go back to talking about Brett Favre's future plans and Tony Romo's finger.

LOL...A-rod is a loser and doesn't deserve a darn thing.....he cheated he admitted to cheating and he got caught cheating...his records should not count and like me nobody should give a darn that he juiced his way to 600 hrs!!

LOL...A-rod is a loser and doesn't deserve a darn thing.....he cheated he admitted to cheating and he got caught cheating...his records should not count and like me nobody should give a darn that he juiced his way to 600 hrs!!

i completely agree

If it were up to me, 1st time offenders would be suspended for 1 full calender year, with no pay...that includes practicing with the team in the spring, or during the season. Not to mention a hefty fine. Ge caught a 2nd time? Banned for life, including hall of fame, mlb sponsored events, and retirement plan. Wishful thinking of course frown

How about 1st time offense and you are banned for life! I bet that will cut back on their use!

There are who know how many substances that are used now that aren't tested for or can't be traced. The rule breakers are ALWAYS ahead of those writing the rules.... It is a never ending, vicous cycle and it will continue to repeat itself. And as far as CHEATERS.... plenty of Hall of Fame pitchers spit on the ball, picked up the seems, doctored the ball... ALL OF WHICH is against the rules, but no one argues their place in the hall....

The problem is there is NO WAY to determine who did and who didn't completely and I do think eventually they will all get in. People can hate them all they want, but Sosa and McGwire pretty much saved baseball from becoming borderline irrelavent in the mainstream.