• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please Gardy....

Coach1310

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• greebs

• SledNeck

• soldoncass

Unfortunately the 2 biggest games of the year or in Delmons case of his career.

I'd have to agree with the Greebs for the most part.

Quote:
The only good thing I can finally say is he has realized I hope, Punto is a utility player.

Nothing has changed there, Gardy along with the team has and will always know how valuable Punto is to them as a starter or role player. He deserves a raise based on his play again this season.

So MJ you would have used Crain last night who you are on record as saying belongs out of baseball??

Was this the thread that pronounced Cuddy as a "rally killer"? Now Delmon can have that distinction as well.

Cuddy has struggled mightily this season with RISP.... the criticism didn't start after a few missed opportunities over two games..

Delmon did have a shot last night to come up big and he didn't.... I'll still take him any day of the week with RISP..... Mauer looks like he is coming around.... if we could only get Hudson and Morneau back....

Cuddy has struggled mightily this season with RISP.... the criticism didn't start after a few missed opportunities over two games..

Delmon did have a shot last night to come up big and he didn't.... I'll still take him any day of the week with RISP..... Mauer looks like he is coming around.... if we could only get Hudson and Morneau back....

Actually I will try to find the quote because it was in reference to ONE game where Cuddy had a chance in a rally with men on to get a hit and at least prolong the inning but he failed. Sounds familiar to what happened to Young Last night.

Wow, what a difference NOT playing teams like the Orioles, Royals and Mariners. C'Mon WIN TWINS!!!

don't waste your time big dave. you never will win an argument about cuddy performing well in the clutch up to this point in the season. too many stats out there as evidence to the contrary. what you mention might have been brought up on a date when he had another lackluster hitting game but no doubt it was based on cumulative performance up to that point.

(hopefully by the end of the season, you can bring this back up and we'll all comment that starting on Aug. 4th, he really started driving in some big runs and continued that run right through the world series mvp performance.)

Yeah pier, I would have used crain in Matty's spot. He's been our best for 2 months. I cant beleive he sent capps out there again tonite after puling him in the 8th last nite, oh well we won. Matty scares me now like crain did 3 months ago. No tatoo man again tonite, is he hurt?

I think he's hurt or wasn't at the park for some reason.

Good thing Gardys BUDDY "matty G" pitched 2 perfect innings tonight for the win... grin

Go Twins!

don't waste your time big dave. you never will win an argument about cuddy performing well in the clutch up to this point in the season. too many stats out there as evidence to the contrary. what you mention might have been brought up on a date when he had another lackluster hitting game but no doubt it was based on cumulative performance up to that point.

(hopefully by the end of the season, you can bring this back up and we'll all comment that starting on Aug. 4th, he really started driving in some big runs and continued that run right through the world series mvp performance.)

Ok......guess I better shoot for august 5th.

Pier, we will solve this, even after crains walk today. Game on the line, whatever inning, who's the better of the 2 right now, Crain or Matty? We both know the answer but gardy most of the times sticks to his bo's.

Guerrier needs a week off.... just to get some rest. He will be fine if they don't overuse him. Hopefully Rauch will be back soon and that will releive some pressure off the pen..... PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE GARDY......GET RID OF MAHAY!

It's been pretty rare in the last 3 years that I'd be more comfortable with Crain on the mound than MattyG. But now is certainly one of those times.

Matty has suffered the last 2 months of the last few years because our starters do not pitch deep enough into the game. He seems to be prone to overuse, and we have not learned our lesson in May, June, and July.

That's the problem solbes everbody is so wishy washy on who they like or want to use at the present time it's almost laughable.

Yeah Gardy just use's his boys/buddys and has no idea what he's doing....no offense but ..GOOD GRIEF!

So off the top of my head the following players would not be on the team or be used at all....Punto, Crain, cuddy, guerrier, mayhay, baker, slowey, blackburn, cASSILA, majeres, nathan, gardenhire, capps, hardy, and i'm sure i'm missing a few.

LOL!

I will give MJ credit in realizing 99 percent of the people in this forum were wrong about. Gardy and the Twins saw something in Crain that made them stick with him through some tough times!

Thats just one of the many reasons why Gardenhire is one of the premier managers in ALL of baseball!

Go Twins! things are good!

That's the problem solbes everbody is so wishy washy on who they like or want to use at the present time it's almost laughable.

Yeah Gardy just use's his boys/buddys and has no idea what he's doing....no offense but ..GOOD GRIEF!

So off the top of my head the following players would not be on the team or be used at all....Punto, Crain, cuddy, guerrier, mayhay, baker, slowey, blackburn, cASSILA, majeres, nathan, gardenhire, capps, hardy, and i'm sure i'm missing a few.

LOL!

don't forget morneau, hudson, young, span, liriano, rauch, hardy, and slowey, all who have been criticized on this forum. It's probably not so much wishy washy by individual posters loving a player and hating him the next. I think it's simply a case where everyone has a player or two that has a certain limited ability in their game that is important to the poster making the critique. When it's all said and done, it comes across as that we need to get rid of the entire team if you read all the posts and lump them together rather than remembering that any one poster probably only has critiqued one or two of the players.

I think Gardy is a sub par manager only becuz of his trust in the the people he has grown with over the years. As a player you would love to play for him, but he has to break that bond and win games.

Has Cuddy taken over the lead for Double plays yet?

Maybe we should bat him lead off, so as to minimize his failures.

Addition by subtraction!

As much as some people love Cuddy and Punto, I think the biggest issue is..... there has got to be a better way to spend FOURTEEN MILLION $$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd be willing to sit on the bench for the interest on the money Punto is getting!

I'm glad (which I shouldnt say) Punto isnt playing, nice to see Danny Valencia doing what he's been doing he can hit the long ball unlike Punto.

Hey Windy- When are you going to be up at Cass, need to set my schedule for one of the weekends, football drafts comming up. Let me know.

Punto shouldn't be anything more than a late inning defensive sub, put him in for valencia or cassilla or plouffe in the bottom of the 9th. And I aggree, his salary is rediculous....makes ya feel real good about bout thome playing for about a third of puntos salary lol....

Wild,

Just got back from our two week Cass Adventure. Read about it in my post on Cass Lake forum!

Windy

No rock bass this year! Huge walleye were the catch of the day...all 14 days!

Thank you, Thank you, thank you, pretty please with sugar on top Gardy for moving Delmon back to the 7 hole where he belongs.

Not sure of the numbers 6 for 42 or something. I think we can all agree it was a disaster to say the least.

Maybe now with less pressure and better pitches to hit Delmon can get back to being the spark/magic he gave us from the 7 or 8 spot when Morneau comes back!.

Thank You Gardy! grin