• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please Gardy....

Coach1310

Delmon should be batting #4 with Morny out. He's peppering the outfield in most games he plays.

Hard to single out one guy when everyone was contributing as they did last night. Talk abot a close game...

I got a little nervous in the 9th, I thought they were going to blow the lead!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• greebs

• SledNeck

• soldoncass

Don't you think with 75 RBI's that he's doing fine right where he is? You think he'd have more batting anywhere else in the lineup? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with a bit of a threat towards the bottom of the order.

Don't you think with 75 RBI's that he's doing fine right where he is? You think he'd have more batting anywhere else in the lineup? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with a bit of a threat towards the bottom of the order.

Maybe he would have90 if he was toward the front?

Good observations Donbo. That has been what I've been saying on here for awhile, Delmon's "agents" on here think different....the ONLY way to really KNOW would be to keep stats on him for # in lineup, who he follows, who he drives in etc. Anyone ,without an agenda, ready to do that?

ya, the team really responded negatively to that move in the line up didn't they. just think if delmon would have left 8 (8!!!) guys on base like someone else did on Sunday. let's give cuddy the opportunity to beef up his rbi totals batting as the 2nd cleanup batter in the bottom 1/3 of the line up for a while.

nothing wrong with valencia's defense either. he's looking by far like our best 3b option for the remainder of the year.

Maybe he would have 90 if he was toward the front?

And MAYBE if you were managing he'd have 100. (but most likely 40) grin

Not when we've witnessed some of the brutalness of Cuddy and Kubel in the 5 slot.

You give up a guy like Garza for the potential of Delmon and then when he starts to show a reward for the faith you leave him in 7 or move him down to 8? Put him after guys that are batting.250 instead of .300+? I don't see the logic.

Lucky Gardenhire had or kept faith in Delmon to begin with because Delmon has proven absolutely nothing other then a bunch of negatives until this season. Thank goodness Gardy and MLB people in general don't make panic knee-jerk reactions to disgruntled fans or Young would have been gone long ago.

I think Gardy will continue to have Young bat 4 or 5 so maybe you guys can stop whining for a bit.

Go Gardy you rock beyond belief in the Magic you produce for this team!

They sure have been fun to watch lately. KNOCK ON WOOD, but doesn't it seem when ever we blow someone out like that we crumble the next day?

They sure have been fun to watch lately. KNOCK ON WOOD, but doesn't it seem when ever we blow someone out like that we crumble the next day?

I am starting to enjoy this- but it has been against the 33 games back Orioles and the Royals. Lets not start jumpin up n down yet.

Maybe he would have90 if he was toward the front?

Or maybe he would have 56 like Justin Morneau. Do you really think that Young would have hit in any more runs than Morneau did in that spot as hot as he was before he was injured? With Morneau's average and HR total pre-injury if he could not hit in more runs I doubt anyone else can.

Lucky Gardenhire had or kept faith in Delmon to begin with because Delmon has proven absolutely nothing other then a bunch of negatives until this season. Thank goodness Gardy and MLB people in general don't make panic knee-jerk reactions to disgruntled fans or Young would have been gone long ago.

Yep, he's going to give upon the key part of the trade giving up Garza. LOL

I think Gardy will continue to have Young bat 4 or 5 so maybe you guys can stop whining for a bit.

Go Gardy you rock beyond belief in the Magic you produce for this team!

HA HA

You guys speak of Delmon like hes some greybeard veteran

The guy is 24 years old!

Good observations Donbo. That has been what I've been saying on here for awhile, Delmon's "agents" on here think different....the ONLY way to really KNOW would be to keep stats on him for # in lineup, who he follows, who he drives in etc. Anyone ,without an agenda, ready to do that?

or you could just go on the net and look up situational stats involving at bats with risp. prior to today's game, delmon with runners in scoring position leads the other right handed batter who until yesterday was always batting ahead of delmon in the lineup in pretty much every category other than strikeouts.

hits he has 12 more hits(in 13 fewer at bats). leads by a few in doubles and homers. has a 23 rbi lead. batting avg is .159 higher. slugging % is .216 higher. ops % is .294 higher.

these are not small numbers especially once you get into avg., slugging % and ops %. I don't think there is a one of us on this site who doesn't cheer when anybody on the team does well. Bottom line is these numbers don't lie so it's pretty difficult to argue that delmon has been batting in the lineup in the prime rbi spot. think about the rbi leaders on other teams and where they typically bat.

anyhow, I'm thankful gardy has finally put him higher up in the lineup where he will get more at bats, at least while he's lighting it up like he has for several weeks now. It would be interesting to hear his reasoning but doubt that would ever be known.

I knew he wasn't going give up on him it was just analogy about whining fans who think they know more about baseball than Gardy does.

Like yourselves to name a few "2" of the chief candidates in here..

Also there really wasn't any reason until this year to be encouraged about trading away 2 All Star's for Delmon who if we still had we would be have up no less then 6 games in the division.

Hope this clears things up for you two! wink

Quote:
It would be interesting to hear his reasoning but doubt that would ever be known.

You guys can scratch your head and twirl in bewilderment all you want it can't be explained to you because the Rock Brick wall is not penetrable.

No offense you guys just don't get it and never will when it comes to managing a major league baseball team. Little title game maybe MLB no chance!

Your problem is your hatred for Gardy and Cuddyer have schewed the rational thought process.

And this may be a news flash for you also Delmon is not Ted Williams and a 16 time All Star he's 24 year old who is finally coming around.

No offense Pier, but you sure make it seem like the rest of us don't have a clue and your opinion is high and mighty.

Gardy is a pretty good manager. Managing and juggling the clubhouse and off field issues is something most of us can't understand without being in a MLB clubhouse, but to say that Gardy hasn't made some gaffs in unrealistic. My biggest issue with him is his unwavering loyalty to players who may not deserve as much of it as they get.

I knew he wasn't going give up on him it was just analogy about whining fans who think they know more about baseball than Gardy does.

Seems more like a [PoorWordUsage] poor analogy to me. Getting rid of Gomez so Delmon could play every day, Delmon figuring out swinging at the inside pitch wasn't getting him anywhere and losing 30lbs. is what made the difference...nothing to do with Gardy. Bet you knew that too. smirk

Also there really wasn't any reason until this year to be encouraged about trading away 2 All Star's for Delmon who if we still had we would be have up no less then 6 games in the division.

Hope this clears things up for you two! wink

Well, Gardy moved Delmon AFTER some people here said it should be done long before the move......

And I wonder who we could have got for Nathan in the offseason...... hmmmm

Don't forget to add yourself to that list!!!! smile You remind of LMITOUT.... with out the witty comebacks grin

7 - 0 since gardy made "the move" that many have been asking for for several weeks! Can't ignore they've been beating up on some bad teams but got to start somewhere. Mauer is seeing better pitches and we are seeing how well that has worked for him. The team is jumping out to early leads a bit more now as well and think that has benefitted our starting pitchers as well which has also given the bullpen some much needed rest.

Thank you gardy.

7 - 0 since gardy made "the move" that many have been asking for for several weeks! Can't ignore they've been beating up on some bad teams but got to start somewhere. Mauer is seeing better pitches and we are seeing how well that has worked for him. The team is jumping out to early leads a bit more now as well and think that has benefitted our starting pitchers as well which has also given the bullpen some much needed rest.

Thank you gardy.

That's a bit of a stretch, sounds like something I'd post. smile Like we would be anything but 7-0 with Young or Mauer completely OUT of the line-up during this stretch.

Good one though! grin

The Rays announcers were ripping on Delmon last night for his fielding woes.

I expect Delmon to show those bozo's tonight who has been the best hitter by far in baseball the last month.

3 run shot and a big night at the plate is on the menu!

They are right though He is on of the worst outfieders in MLB has to right up their w Manny. But yes he is ripping the ball witch makes a hug differnece.

And he was not the best hitter last mo arod are jeter had 2 more RBI's. Either way he is ripping the ball.

I know it would be tuff but I would like to see him at DH

pretty please, pretty please stop sticking with your bo bo's. If any of you watched the "Matty" meltdown tonite, as gardy likes to call him, you know what I mean. He's been one of gardy's bb for years and has also been terrible 4 the last 2 months. He couldn't found his arse in a phone booth today, similar to the last 2 months and he leaves him in there. You could see that homer 3 batters away and gardys is pacing in the dugout like he even knew what was gonna happen next. You have a fresh pen, taco throws 5 pitches and then you bring in crain who has been their best the last 2 months and then your closer down 3. He's not a good manager, manages to keep players happy, not to win. Is hardy hurt, seen he pinch ran, ploffe at short,come on. The only good thing I can finally say is he has realized I hope, Punto is a utility player.

The Rays announcers were ripping on Delmon last night for his fielding woes.

I expect Delmon to show those bozo's tonight who has been the best hitter by far in baseball the last month.

3 run shot and a big night at the plate is on the menu!

Was this the thread that pronounced Cuddy as a "rally killer"? Now Delmon can have that distinction as well.

delmon and valencia are definitely coming back to earth as far as their hitting goes the past few games. unfortunately, unless delmon, mauer and every once in a while kubel has some big rbi's, the team seems to struggle. a few others need to step it up here.