• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please Gardy....

Coach1310

Delmon in the 3 slot= money

Cuddy is supposed to be the team leader. Nice

Example his bat is setting.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• greebs

• SledNeck

• soldoncass

If the #7 or #8 hole was so important for driving in runs, teams wouldn't just throw one of their worst hitters there. With Morneau out, Delmon is OUR BEST HITTER... to keep him at #7 or #8 is a huge mistake whether you like him or not...

I don't dislike Young....I really like his power bat.......His fielding and running are NOT MLB caliber though, thats why I would like him more as a DH. Some of you guys talk like you are his AGENT.......I prefer to look at the overall team, more than a salesman for one guy.

The reason teams put their worst hitter at #8 is because they have no depth....when the TWIN'S are healthy they have depth, that puts Young at #7-8 ....perfect spot to clear the bases off, before the worst hitter on the team bats. His #ers speak for the wisdom of that....whether you "agents" like it or not. Yesterday, Hardy had 5 LOB, and drove in 2.....how many would Young have driven in there? With Morneau out, Mauer not hitting/ or not playing, Kubel not hitting....I lean toward Thome/ Young as 3/4 hitters....or switched places to keep the L-R-L-R combos going. That really creates problems for the other team in pitcher match-ups. Gardy really does a great job with the order, most of the time ......if he could just have a crystal ball, so he knew ahead of time "who would be hot" that day.

Cuddy is the team leader now? I guess I would have thought it would be one of the former league MVP's or maybe the reigning batting champion?

we DON'T have a team leader. Cuddyer is more like the teams spokesman, when they need an interview, they grab him. He is smart and well stated. Ever hear Span on KFAN? Horrible.

Actually he has pretty decent numbers this year if you follow the game at all. Nothing like last year unfortunately though... grin LOL!

Oh and Cuddles says Hi and hopes all is well he just bought "straight cash homey" a place on the Big V and want's you to attend one of his charity fund raisers at a local golf course he's holding. smile

Oh, with Morny still out I'm OK with Young batting 3rd or even 4th. Told ya they weren't going to swap Cuddy for Young in the order... wink

Oh, with Morny still out I'm OK with Young batting 3rd or even 4th. Told ya they weren't going to swap Cuddy for Young in the order... wink

why would they? that would make too much sense...and that would be very uncharacteristic of Gardenhire to make the eventual obvious move that early

who else here knew a month ago Duensing would be in the rotation?

Would we still be in first if Gardy made the move when we wanted him to?

Young did a BETTER job in the #6 slot tonight.....why would that be?????? Oh that's right, Mauer, Cuddy and Kubel worked the count and got on base for YOUNG. The TEAM concept trumps the "agent" concept again....

Sure hope the #3,4,and 5 pitchers can pitch decent now, the #1 and 2 sure did their jobs. The bullpen looked GREAT yesterday and today. laugh

Young did a BETTER job in the #6 slot tonight.....why would that be?????? Oh that's right, Mauer, Cuddy and Kubel worked the count and got on base for YOUNG. The TEAM concept trumps the "agent" concept again....

Sure hope the #3,4,and 5 pitchers can pitch decent now, the #1 and 2 sure did their jobs. The bullpen looked GREAT yesterday and today. laugh

youre running out of turd polish

Delmon in the 3 slot 6 slot= money

Fixed it for you! grin

Lets face it Gardys a genius on this one guys!

Delmon for MVP!!!!!

Go Twins!

"would we still be in first if Gardy had made the move when we wanted him to?"

Gardy is a patient manager, with players....he gives them lots of chances to improve/work hard/get better. His track record is very good. Players put too much pressure on themselves sometimes, so he tries to relax them.... gets more out of them that way, than jerking them around...putting MORE pressure on them. Some of the moves I've read about on here, actually would have taken us OUT OF CONTENTION way before this.

I couldn't agree more. I see Delmon having less RBI's and over-all production if moved about. It's just been a magical run with all the stars aligning for Delmon. That's just my opinion of course and we'll never know if we would be undefeated had Gardy done things differently. smile

Gardy is a patient manager, with players....he gives them lots of chances to improve/work hard/get better. His track record is very good. Players put too much pressure on themselves sometimes, so he tries to relax them.... gets more out of them that way, than jerking them around...putting MORE pressure on them. Some of the moves I've read about on here, actually would have taken us OUT OF CONTENTION way before this.

How do you feel about Gardy's decision to keep sticking with Joe Nathan in the post season?

You're having a serious meltdown today!.... grin

Just for chits and giggles who would have you went with in the post-season for a Twins closer?

...however. he's ridiculously patient with some players and not so patient with others. that's my frustration with him.

Pier, your pic in your avatar looks familiar.....someone famous?

Hes the guy that hit good with RISP for 2 months last year

Example being?

well he's mainly ridiculously patient with his little buddy but also his bigger buddy. you know, the two guys who get together on the bus and tell gardy who to play where and gardy goes right along with it.

Thanks for clearing that up for us!

I don't think there's any question as to which players for whatever reason get the long leashes from gardy and who gets shorter leashes for whatever reason.

Finally Gardy has changed his lineup and moved Young to cleanup and Cuddy down to 7. Hopefully this will put less pressure on Cuddy to produce and I hope Young doesn't choke moving up. I think Gardy fianlly realized he could no longer ignore what Delmon has done up to now and how Cuddy hasn't produced up to now. Took him long enough to figure this out. If this is Delmon's break out season that the team always knew he had I believe they will sign him to a long term deal; that's if he's in the last year of his contract. Package Cuddy with others and get some pitching, if not by trade deadline then in the off season.

looks like mauer likes delmon batting after him too. he's probably going to see a some better pitches to hit if delmon continues in this spot and hitting like he has been.

Congrats to valencia too on his first dinger and grand slam all in one. please gardy, keep this young man playing regularly. I don't expect him to continue to hit in the high .300's as he accumulates more at bats but he's solid on defense and hitting very well right now.

MN TWIN's win 19-1....Young 1 rbi from the #4 spot?????? nice move.

About time Mauer got one of his HOT games.....been expecting that for a while.....expect to see more of them , as he gets healthy/rested up more.

Valentia is hitting well....not sold on his fielding yet, but looks like he is working at it hard.

MN TWIN's win 19-1....Young 1 rbi from the #4 spot?????? nice move.

Delmon goes 4 for 6, scores twice and leaves one RISP with two out. Mauer had 7 RBI's right in front of Delmon. Ya spose that had something to do with it. Sheesh... what a hater.

Delmon goes 4 for 6, scores twice and leaves one RISP with two out. Mauer had 7 RBI's right in front of Delmon. Ya spose that had something to do with it. Sheesh... what a hater.

That's gonna leave a mark

NOT a HATER....Just subtly pointing out there is more to it than SPOT in the order. I kept seeing in here that following Mauer, Morneau was the best place for rbi's.....NOT ALWAYS SO.....M&M drive in runs too, that means they are competing for some of the same rbi's. If you want Young to have MONSTER rbi #ers, I still think #6 is the best spot for him. That is when Morneau is healthy.

Delmon should be batting #4 with Morny out. He's peppering the outfield in most games he plays.

Hard to single out one guy when everyone was contributing as they did last night. Talk abot a close game...