• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Left Field

10,000 Casts

sorry to hitchhike the post, but sled, i couldn't find you active on any other topics and i need to ask you a couple of questions about your favorite bass lake, we're thinking about heading up that way on the 5th. shoot me an email if you would, i lost yours. jeff_lynch 55 at yahoo dot com

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• 10,000 Casts

• soldoncass

• PierBridge

Cuddy and Span are ahead of Young in the All-star voting? Check Punto....wouldn't surprise me to see him ahead of Young too. The only 2 people I can see voting for Young would be DELMON and his AGENT....wonder which one Sledneck IS???????????????????????????

I expect that new outfielder (forget his name, Radco?)to play left field more, with Young as DH. Great arm the other night...threw a guy out at 3rd, from right field....wasn't close, and a FAST release.

you mean the one where he overran the ball and almost missed it?

sorry to hitchhike the post, but sled, i couldn't find you active on any other topics and i need to ask you a couple of questions about your favorite bass lake, we're thinking about heading up that way on the 5th. shoot me an email if you would, i lost yours. jeff_lynch 55 at yahoo dot com

sent

YES...the ball he made a nice recovery on and CAUGHT....then a FAST release, and gunned down the runner. Nice job!

Young did make a couple nice throws last night....to third and home. Didn't take sooooo long to wind-up, and accurate too. BOTH runners were OUT by the way. On one 3rd base replay it showed the runner's uniform deflect, on the other side it showed Cuddy's glove pushed back....a no-doubter....Ump must have been napping.

There is a saying..."if you say something often enough(true or NOT) you can make people believe it." I personaly believe in "fair and accurate" reporting and analysis. CUDDY drove in the FIRST TWIN'S run, scored another....Young drove Cuddy in and hit a "hanger" for a HR to tie it. IT IS NOT about YOUNG OR CUDDY!!!!! It is about THE TEAM...9 guys ALL doing their part for the TEAM GOOD!

WOW, Delmon has an absolute cannon for an arm! Much to the dismay of some people.........

WOW, Delmon has an absolute cannon for an arm! Much to the dismay of some people.........

Not arguing the arm, but the ball drops a foot in front of him. Would rather see him catch the ball then trying to throw out runners. It's a guaranteed out, throwing out runners isn't. (esp when Cuddyer tags a guy and they call him safe, worst call of the year, even worse than the blown perfect game call)

Thought you were talking DEFENSE....not offense. Answers would be different. Young would NOT be considered a defensive replacement for anyone I can think of. Offense....against a righty Morneau or Kubel. Against a lefty....Cuddy or Young.

If game is on the line, zamboni, who would u rather have up?

Between who? Up until this season, Delmons been average at best.

Count me on the D-man's bandwagon too! While it's true that he isn't the best fielder, or for that matter a good fielder, he's improving in that facet of his game also. I just think he is maturing and starting to 'get it' at the plate. I didn't think I'd ever see him become that patient at waiting for a pitch to hit, although he still sometimes takes a whack at the first pitch, no matter where it is. Confidence is a great thing. I hope he can continue for the second half & help the Twins into the playoffs.

If game is on the line, zamboni, who would u rather have up?

Call me crazy but I'll take the former league MVP or the former league batting champion.

Price was really dealing last night.....he is having a GOOD year. Valentia got 2 of the 4 hits, with the gamewinning RBI. Kubel got on base, so Young had a chance.....IT IS A TEAM GAME, all are needed. NOW if Young would have had 2 SOLO homeruns, when they won 2-1.....he would have carried the team that day. Players average or less, defensively, don't get on all-star teams.....dream on.

I hate to say this, but bask in the glory while you can, he isn't Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio, and never will be- his hot streak will end. Cuddyer was hotter during the second half of last season than Youngs been this year, and stepped up and played great first base and helped lead us over that hump and into the play-offs. Whereas right now we have a 1 game lead, we aren't running away with anything.

Price was really dealing last night.....he is having a GOOD year. Valentia got 2 of the 4 hits, with the gamewinning RBI. Kubel got on base, so Young had a chance.....IT IS A TEAM GAME, all are needed. NOW if Young would have had 2 SOLO homeruns, when they won 2-1.....he would have carried the team that day. Players average or less, defensively, don't get on all-star teams.....dream on.

Alot of all stars are good defensive players, but it doesn't have much, if anything to do with it. You really think the fans are looking up defensive stats to see who should make the all star team?? Griffey was among the leaders and he retired!! Piazza made quite a few all star teams and was pretty average to below average as a catcher just to name one.... I don't think Delmon deserves it this year, but I would go out on a limb and say he will have 3-5 appearances before his career is over.

Great night at the dish for delmon

avg up to .307 and tied for team lead in RBIs with 56

Truthfully it's a shame he's going to finish last in the voting for the last spot on the all star team.

Maybe next year!

Go Delmon!

Defense has a lot of influence on all-star ballots....even though offensive #'s are talked about more. You mentioned Piazza as proof.....I give you Ozzie Smith (ss) as evidence to my point. The truth is, people don't want a defensive liability to hurt their favorites chances to win. Each team HAS TO have a representative on the team....Young would be a good representative for such a team(only rep), and would be used as a pinch-hitter. If Young's last month becomes more normal for him(instead of a "flash-in-the-pan), I agree with you about 3-5 appearances for him in the future. He has really improved.....keep it up Delmon, great for the TEAM.

Young had a good night,3 for 3(even though 1 went to the pitcher) and a walk. Kubel had a GREAT night....2 for 5 ,with a HR, and 2 warning track drives center fielder made really good catches on. Span hit the ball better, and drove in the game winner. I've been watching the box-scores lately, for the TOP of the line-up.....1-10, 0-8, 1-14, 1-13, etc.....for the TEAM to do well again, they HAVE TO do better....key to the second half-season is right there.

No problem! Figured if anyone else thinks he deserves the spot we might as well at least put in a few votes for the guy. Personally I voted about 10 times for him and plan on voting a few more also! Go Delmon!

Placed my votes for Delmon. I've been a big fan of his this year. He's really matured as a hitter and improved his fielding.

is there a limit on how many times you can vote? i voted what felt like 40 times and it didn't tell me to stop.

I assume you can vote as many times as you please. I believe I have voted over 50 times for him and it has yet to tell me to stop either! I say vote away until it says different!