• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lowrance lcx 25c problems

Fredd

Question

I remember seeing some problems with this unit and was trying to help my buddy troubleshoot. He is not able to get his unit to quit flashing the depth on his boat. When I hook it to my boat, it works flawlessly in water deeper than 15 feet and stops reading the depth when the water gets less than 15 feet. He has done hard and soft resets and upgraded to the most recent software. It sounds like Lowrance has not been very available/helpful. any ideas? Thanks, guys!

11 answers to this question

Have you tried calling them? They say they are getting better, give it a try. My opinion is it kind of sounds like a transducer issue, kind of. It dosen't work on his boat but does work on yours, as long as you are deeper than 15 feet. Just by things changing from one boat to another makes it sound like a connection/voltage/transducer problem. Check these out first.

I think that mnfishinguy is right about the transducer being the culprit. I am still bothered about the loss of bottom in shallow water. I know there was a bad version of software and right now I am unsure if the fix was to go backward or upgrade. I have the LX25C so I will check on what version I am running at but I also have the 200hz/50hz transducer and that might make a difference because I have never had a problem in shallow.

Never hurts to call but just make sure you have a speaker phone and some snacks handy winkgrin

I just checked my software version and I am running the latest and greatest version 2.1.0 if it helps.

He is running the same version. I thought that it might also be in the ducer, but my lcx 17 runs perfectly on both mine and his boat. Is there an issue with the 25c being more finicky about the ducer than other models? He has said that customer service at Lowrance is non-existant. They want about $150 just to look at the thing (shipping and service fee). Thanks for the feedback.

It's more like $250 or $299, I can't remember. I was just on the phone with them a few weeks ago and they have improved alot so give them a call, what does your friend have to lose?

The only thing that I can think that might be wrong is that he accidentally put the unit into 50hz mode for the transducer when it should be 200hz. If it still is a problem he might have to bite the bullet and call Lowrance CS and see what they can do.

It is set up for 200 khz ducer. Reading around at other sites, this sounds like a not to uncommon problem with various units (522, 20, 27....). Sounds like it might be the processor/transducer. He definitely won't spend $300 to have it looked at and has spent too much time on the phone with Lowrance already for his liking. Thanks again guys!

I know what you mean Fredd. Too many problems with too many of there products across the line for my liking and with great customer that gets pretty hard to take. When the time comes I will be looking at a Hummingbird with the SI real close.

My backlight will not light up when I power on my LCX-25 Lowrance fish locator. Anything I can do on this end or is there a place I can send the unit to be repaired

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Shes a bit of an old unit. She may be done. ?

My LCX-27C never worked that well had hard time locking on the bottom in weeds.  When it stopped powering on this was an opportunity for something better.  Went with humminbird Helix 9 with down and side imaging.  Love it.  Not cheap though.

• Thumbs Up 1