• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cuddyer on a tear!

SledNeck

Cuddy thread....He did ANOTHER great job last night. Played a perfect carom off the wall, and a throw-out at second. He had 1 hit and a line drive that the right fielder made a great catch on ,against the wall, against one of the premier right handers in baseball............just another typical day at the ballpark for CUDDY.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• PierBridge

• Big Dave2

• soldoncass

Yes, plus Rauch is leading the league in saves right now... Impressive being he isn't really a closer.

One last thing.

For the millionth time.

Professional managers don't make Knee-jerk panic decisions based on short term samplings.

Last time I checked Pier, we weren't suggesting you bench Cuddy or designate him from assignment because of an error or an O-fer. We are merely suggesting shuffling the lineup a little. I'm not a Cuddy "hater". I think he is great for the team, but I just think a little shuffle might be good for the Twins. And as far as him being 22nd in the MVP voting last year... well Grienke was the Cy Young and he has 8 losses already this year, but then again I suppose he deserves to start the All Star game instead of who knows who because we wouldn't want to make a knee jerk reaction. Young does have a better career avg. than Cuddy... he is a career .270 hitter and I think we have seen enough of him to know it won't stray very far from that going forward. I suppose we shouldn't mention it, but I'm not sure we annoint Cuddy the answer after he finally was healthy for a whole season last year and say he is absolutely slotted in the spot because of his track record????

They are playing pretty well with the hodge podge lineup they have been forced into lately and either way a guy like Young or Cuddy in the 7 hole is a heck of a lot better than a Denny Hocking or Luis Rodriguez or a Brian Buchannan, so I gues we have that going for us

After his contract is up he's out of her. We don't need anymore double plays. Cuddyer is a bumb

Anyway haters aside.....

I think Delmon's in good spot with a lot of good, patient hitters in front of him and Gardy knows he's comfortable batting where he is in his semi part time role.

We did bump him "del" up in the line-up last year in the playoffs and Gardy along with the rest of saw how that went "1-13" and 0-9 with runners on.

Also Cudderys well hit average is better than Youngs!

Let me know if theres anything else I can help with..HATERS!

still waiting to hear back on the definition and link for "well hit average".

I have a feeling this thread will turn around just as the Delmon post did prior to and then starting the season... Lots of haters in March but boy did that ship turn in April!

Cuddyer will get on a tear and everyone will once again love him as much as they did last fall when he carried the team into the playoffs! Yes, right now Delmon is swinging the hot bat and Cuddyer is struggling to get that big hit even once in a while. BUT it is a long season and Cuddy will pick it up!

The team is still in 1st place and playing well (other than that one horrible game a few days ago!) This team hasn't even hit there full potential... It seems like every day about 4 or 5 players have good days, but when we get 7 or 8 guys playing well and we have Hardy and Hudson playing full time again, this team will be DANGEROUS!!!!! (Like we aren't already a pretty dangerous team!)

Franky is pitching lights out! Baker is having good outings. No one has any complaints or worries about the job Rausch has done so far! The pitching has been there most nights... and our hitting will only get more dangerous!

If it takes up till the end of September into October to get there that seems like about an ideal time to me!

Cuddy has been hitting the ball hard a LOT....just at people so far.....you stay with your people, when they are smoking the ball hard. When you are" hot", they fall in, when you are NOT hot, they are AT people. Young has been on a "hot" streak lately.....which is great....love to see him playing better than A BALL quality this year. Good for the team!!!!!!!!BUT since this is a CUDDY thread.....the Young lovers should put their comments in the Young thread.....PLEASE! Baseball is a team game, should NOT be one player against another, as some of the comments seem to be. When I look at the individual player stats, I am AMAZED the team is doing well....AMAZED.

Delmon is carrying the team, cuddy is still

killing rallies

I would love to see Delmon play a different position. Wait, maybe he could field a groundball better at 2nd than he can a fly ball in the OF. I don't think I would want to even see that being attempted though. Would be very very ugly if he ever got moved anywhere else. His bats coming around, yes, but he still looks like an imbecile fumbling with a Rubiks Cube out in the OF- absolutely clueless. More to life Sled than a guy that hits a HR every once in awhile. Cuddyer can play 7 positions, and that means more to this team than anything. Oh, and BTW- he hit 32 homers last year, I still don't think Delmon can do that in a season.

Cuddy has been hitting the ball hard a LOT....just at people so far.....you stay with your people, when they are smoking the ball hard. When you are" hot", they fall in, when you are NOT hot, they are AT people. Young has been on a "hot" streak lately.....which is great....love to see him playing better than A BALL quality this year. Good for the team!!!!!!!!BUT since this is a CUDDY thread.....the Young lovers should put their comments in the Young thread.....PLEASE! Baseball is a team game, should NOT be one player against another, as some of the comments seem to be. When I look at the individual player stats, I am AMAZED the team is doing well....AMAZED.

Good post....

And just a quick recap here and why myself and some of the other posters may come across as a bit of a s s in which I apologize to you guys for...

About 3 years ago Sled started his campaign against Cuddyer which included not only Sleds opinion that Cuddy is a horrible baseball player that shouldn't be in the majors but also included personal attacks on Cuddyer as person, the way he talks, looks and conducts himself on and off the field. In nutshell all he's had to say about Cuddy is he is POS over-all as player and person in litterly 100's of post so some of us are always looking to poke jabs at Sled over last seaons monster year....Karma's a B eh?... grin

I know it gets old for you guys so I'll not beat a dead horse any longer...

After his contract is up he's out of her. We don't need anymore double plays. Cuddyer is a bumb

Sled having multiple accounts on FM is against the rules... grin

Not only is the syntax and grammar a spot on match the IP address's are the same... grin

I do believe cuddyer has won the roberto clemente award at least once? That's basically an award for being a really good person off the field. A baseball fan could only dream that all players in the league acted like him.

Quote:

still waiting to hear back on the definition and link for "well hit average".

Sorry Greebs missed ya the first time...

The definition is easy the criteria used is did you hit the ball solidly. If you did you get a straight line slash on the score sheet we used 6 game stretches so we knew which players were on the ball.

It's just another tool to help determine who's hitting the ball as the batting average doesn't always tell the the whole story...

I know you like links for anything I post but you won't find this on MBL.com or ESPN...Sorry about that... grin

My suggestion would be to watch the games a bit closer and tune in to the post game Twins live show as Cooms will occasionally talk about it as he did last week on one of the shows...

Hope this helps ya.. grin

Good post....

And just a quick recap here and why myself and some of the other posters may come across as a bit of a s s in which I apologize to you guys for...

About 3 years ago Sled started his campaign against Cuddyer which included not only Sleds opinion that Cuddy is a horrible baseball player that shouldn't be in the majors but also included personal attacks on Cuddyer as person, the way he talks, looks and conducts himself on and off the field. In nutshell all he's had to say about Cuddy is he is POS over-all as player and person in litterly 100's of post so some of us are always looking to poke jabs at Sled over last seaons monster year....Karma's a B eh?... grin

I know it gets old for you guys so I'll not beat a dead horse any longer...

LINK?

Is cuddy a better player than man-ram?

overall I would rather have Cuddyer. Ramirez is a poison in the clubhouse, and takes alot of plays off.

another SOLID night for Mr.Young at the plate tonite.

now 41 RBIs and avg NEAR .300!!!!! Way to go Delmon!

any guesses what day Young passes Morneau for the RBI lead on the Twins?

Another typical good night for CUDDY.....2 hits, including getting the TWINS first RBI. See that nice play when CUDDY grabbed the double off the wall....oh that's right, he held him to a SINGLE....batter turned himself inside out getting back to first laugh. Sorry, it isn't included in the box score....neither was Young's STUMBLE/DIVE/FALL ....whatever it was...on a double to left. Point is: there are many ways to help a TEAM win....CUDDY is OBVIOUSLY ONE OF THE BEST.

Cuddyer's first hit and RBI was a gift - he hit a little bouncer that clipped the 3B bag or it would have been a fielders choice out. Cuddyer is a nice defensive player, and a choke artist at the plate. He had one decent season, and has been mediocre (at best) the rest of his career.

GIFT??????????????? Was it a hit or not? IT WAS A DOUBLE.....if you want to get into wouldas-couldas-wish it wasn't ,cause it proves me wrong kinda thing, the same goes for Young, and Mauer, AND everyone else too. ie: that was a handle hit, and shouldn't have lucked into the outfield, doesn't count.....or if the 2nd baseman woulda been in the hole more, Delmon wouldn't have lucked out .?....It was a double down the 3rd base line, and started the TWIN'S COMEBACK,give credit where credit is due ....or nobody should take ANYTHING you say seriously. Sometimes a player gets ROBBED, sometimes they get seeing eye hits. CUDDY has been "hammering at people" a lot this year, so far. Young has been finding holes, SO FAR, wait til they learn to quit throwing him strikes......oof-da!

One thing to keep in mind about our outfielders.....who plays centerfield when Span gets a day off? That person is obviously who Gardy considers his best defensive option out there....no matter what uzr thing says.

Cuddyer's first hit and RBI was a gift - he hit a little bouncer that clipped the 3B bag or it would have been a fielders choice out. Cuddyer is a nice defensive player, and a choke artist at the plate. He had one decent season, and has been mediocre (at best) the rest of his career.

In this thread you say that Cuddyer is a "nice" defensive player but in another thread you say that he is below average defensively and was the 3rd worse at his position last year. Which is it?

As far as being "mediocre goes. How many players in the history of MLB have not been mediocre? A lot of teams would love to have a "mediocre" outfielder as good as Cuddyer.

Have to agree with soldoncass. Every player gets gift hits and every player has times where they hit a ball hard and get outs.

I almost think we should just close down the baseball threads till the season ends AND THEN judge each player..... Its like if Young has a good night at the plate all the Young fans pipe up and say he's amazing, if Cuddy has an o for 3 night all the haters feel like they have to mention how bad of a player he is..... Same with Punto, Kubel, Gardy's decisions, etc...

No one complains that Morneau has about an 0 for 13 going right now! Or Mauer isn't hitting as hot as he usually does this time of year..... ALMOST EVERYBODY LOVES THESE TWO GUYS!

I know its everybodies right to say what they want about whomever they want, but over analyzing every single game and judging a player on 1/162 of a season makes absolutely no sense

And yes, I am just as guilty of chiming in (on a positive side... mostly) as everybody else.

Quote:
Michael Cuddyer on Friday is making his first start at third base since 2005.

Cuddyer made a start at second base on May 31, but this is his first at third base since be played the position pretty regularly five years ago. Putting him at third allows the Twins to use both Jason Kubel and Delmon Young in the outfield tonight in Philly.